Folksy Ltd

Feedback Required

Hi Everyone
I have been on Folksy for more than 2 years, but I am still failing to achieve many sales. I post to all the social media platforms and have good feedback for the items I have sold.
Any feedback on my shop/items greatly appreciated
https://folksy.com/shops/oothatsnice

I’m no expert, had a look at your shop and your products are lovely.

Not sure your Instagram link is right (see screenshot)

2 Likes

Thanks very much Caroline, no that’s definitely not me, I have now updated

Hi, I have been on Folksy since March/April this year and have not had any sales or interest. I would like some advice or is it just the product that is the problem? Thank you.

@PrettyInspirations The first thing I notice is your items mostly seem to be aimed at weddings, and with most weddings being cancelled this year, I can’t imagine many people are spending money on them at the moment.

Next, I looked at a few listings and only one mentioned anything about size - that it was made to order and the buyer would need to send their size. The rest of the garter listings I looked at didn’t say anything about measurements or that sizes needed to be given, so from that I would assume it’s a ready made item and be worried about whether it would fit because there’s nothing about the size.
Also, the one that did give a size said it would take up to 14 days for the item to be made and sent, but the shipping time says you will send within 3 days. These times really need to match up, if it’s a made to order item, make sure you select a longer time frame in the shipping section.

The other big thing I notice is you don’t make full use of your tags. You have a few filled in, but we have space for 15, and to give the best chance of your items being seen you should use them all.
So for example on your red rose garter you could also use tags like “black lace garter”, “red rose”, “flower garter”, “red and black”, “gothic”.

Hi
Thank you so much for your reply. Some of the items you mentioned, I think I probably knew you would say what you have. I realise I will have to make some changes and also hope that brides will be looking for garters again.
Thank you once again.
Wendy

konyskiw Kim Onyskiw
14 September

@PrettyInspirations The first thing I notice is your items mostly seem to be aimed at weddings, and with most weddings being cancelled this year, I can’t imagine many people are spending money on them at the moment.

Next, I looked at a few listings and only one mentioned anything about size - that it was made to order and the buyer would need to send their size. The rest of the garter listings I looked at didn’t say anything about measurements or that sizes needed to be given, so from that I would assume it’s a ready made item and be worried about whether it would fit because there’s nothing about the size.
Also, the one that did give a size said it would take up to 14 days for the item to be made and sent, but the shipping time says you will send within 3 days. These times really need to match up, if it’s a made to order item, make sure you select a longer time frame in the shipping section.

The other big thing I notice is you don’t make full use of your tags. You have a few filled in, but we have space for 15, and to give the best chance of your items being seen you should use them all.
So for example on your red rose garter you could also use tags like “black lace garter”, “red rose”, “flower garter”, “red and black”, “gothic”.

1 Like

It’ll give you a bit of time to update those listings if we’re not in peak wedding season now. I would try to get your listing descriptions more like the " ELISE Aqua Flower Garter" one, and then add extra tags - especially if you can think of some that would make it appeal to a larger audience than just weddings, that way if it does take a bit more time for weddings to get fully running again, you’ve still got another target market to fall back on.
Hopefully the changes will help get your first sales :slight_smile:

Thank you.