Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - APRIL 2018

Hi all,

Just popping in to say that I have put my shop in Holiday Mode until the end of the week. I am off to Cambridge to my Japanese Embroidery course for a few days. Really looking forward to having a break.

I will have my Kindle with me so I will be popping in to look at all your listings.

Jeanie x

11 Likes

Evening everyone . Struggled to get photographs done and they arenā€™t at all good but am listing anyway! Will redo the photos tomorrow. So windy and now very rainy ā€¦back to winter I fear :slightly_frowning_face:
Sorry about your backpain Susan @bramleycards. I sympathise . Mine is recovering but still twingy. So debilitating.
Love your glass beads Sue @SueTrevor You should definitely take them to the fairs this year :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Hello, I love these nights getting longer, still light when I cycle back from the station :smile:
@thedotterypotter, love your mug. @SueTrevor, those beads are great - I love the ladybirds.

Here is my listing for today

4 Likes

Evening everyone

Hereā€™s my listing today

3 Likes

That sounds exciting! XxxxX

Enjoy your course and please show us photos of the results (if you are happy to do so). Also Cambridge is my stomping ground so if you want recommendations on where to eat or someone to get you into the colleges or anything like that give me a shout.

1 Like

Another sale! Some cufflinks this time so I should be going up the best sellers tonight. (Its making up for the stinking head cold the OH has given me, thatā€™s last time I smooch him because Iā€™ve spotted some gorse)
I still havenā€™t photographed my new pieces, I spent rather a lot of time hunting the 2mm CZs that I dropped and needed for a commission, floor has never been cleaner though.

9 Likes

Hi Sarah, thanks for asking, I do hot and cold and gel, plus I am on morphine patches and anti fitting drug from the pain clinic plus injections 3 times a year. It is after 3 operations on 1 collapsed disc at the bottom of my spine from 1986 and a neck and a thoracic disc has collapsed. I havenā€™t been able to drive, use a hoover or pull out the ironing board since 1997!! The work top has made a good place to do the ironing on!! I canā€™t bend down to the floor now either so the bed has been used as a floor for exercises!! This has got worse because of a visit to the physioā€™s I just hope the pain will die down a bit now!!
Hope yourā€™e hand is feeling better now and the bed is more comfortable!! Sue x

3 Likes

Thanks Caroline, mine has been bad for a long time now!

1 Like

I forgot to add Sue @SueTrevor that my daughter is in her final year at Camberwell. Itā€™ s gone so quick .
So if anyone is looking at degree shows in the summer , Camberwell is the week of 18th June!

1 Like

@bramleycards Iā€™m sorry to hear your in so much pain again at the moment. I havenā€™t ironed since 1997 either, I couldnā€™t when I was pregnant with my last child and never bothered since, I havenā€™t missed it at all, not that I would like to be in you position of being unable to, back ache is awful, I hope you get some relief soon. I hate hoovering too, but recently my other half got a cordless Dyson, itā€™s absolutely brilliant and so lightweight, as for driving, my car has the most comfortable seat in the world, although, Iā€™m pretty sure it wonā€™t get through the next mot, which I am so sad about.
@carolinefrodsham how exciting, does she have a job lined up afterwards? My daughter is out on placements at the moment, sheā€™ll be back on Thursday, Iā€™m so excited, only 2 more months to find and then a holiday I think. She finishes next year, I donā€™t think a proper job will be so easy to find, all the placements she has done so far have had loads of interns, and not many paid positions.
@SashaGarrett congratulations hope the head cold gets better soon, weā€™re not doing too well for illnesses on this thread are we!
@thecardjeanie Iā€™ve not heard of Japanese embroidery before, it sounds very interesting, please do show us the results.

4 Likes

Evening all,

Some hearts from me today:

Jayne x

4 Likes

Evening folks :slight_smile:

Wow, I love those beads @SueTrevor, that bee and ladybird are so cute :slight_smile:

Sorry your in pain @bramleycards hope you feel better soon.

Enjoy the embroidery @thecardjeanie

Congrats on the sales guys!

Thatā€™s a beautiful necklace @AppleQueenJewellery

Lovely earrings @carolinefrodsham

Today was the first day back to school and everything has been a bit pants, I havenā€™t even got a relistā€¦ so Iā€™ll start afresh tomorrow. Had a ā€˜surpriseā€™ root canal this morning, and havenā€™t managed any of the things I needed to.

Liked and pinned to here x

8 Likes

Evening / morning - I seem to have set myself a new record for lateness. I got a bit sidetracked on-line shopping.

Sorry to hear about your back problems Sarah @bramleycards
Your course sounds great Carol @thecardjeanie

Re-listing before heading off to bed

5 Likes

Good morning, yay happy dancing for sales Sarah, Patricia and Sasha. Patricia @silverbirchstudio, you tagged me right,though it doesnā€™t really matter which one :slight_smile:

Hope you back pain eases soon Susan @bramleycards
Love the beads Sue @SueTrevor
Enjoy your course Jeanie @thecardjeanie
Hope your cold eases soon Sasha @SashaGarrett

7 Likes

Good morning.

Iā€™m not an ironer either except for my work - I have one of those small counter top ironing boards so its nice and high and doesnā€™t involve bending, and its light.

Still lots to do today including some photography as I am now onto my last card to show you :slight_smile: - a bit out of season but never mind.

5 Likes

Good morning! I have a daffodil inspired brooch or corsage.

Natalie x

5 Likes

Good morning,
I forgot Roz, @OrchardFelts I also iron my work, I have a small counter top board, an ironing mat and I was fortunate enough to be given an ironing press! That is amazing, it gets creases out of anything, i have to say, I work on the floor, I always have done! Some people think Iā€™m very strange :rofl:
Todayā€™s listing

11 Likes

Morning, really cold, wet and windy today - back to winter.

I really feel for those suffering with bad backs and the ensuing pains, and those with tooth aches and migraines. The hardest pains to ignore and soldier on through.

My daughter has her first GCSE today, 5 hours of art, it is one of the ones she needs to do well on to take up her provisional college placement. Did she prepare? Barely- nearly drove me nuts over the Easter holiday seeing her procrastinating and time wasting. Be glad when these next two months are over.

12 Likes

@SueTrevor love those beads
@NOfkantsCurios your post about stone polishing took me back; thatā€™s what started me on enamelling - enamelling is quieter :grinning:
Managed to miss out Monday - must be getting older than I feel :rofl:
Relisted this pendant today

8 Likes