Folksy Ltd

Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - APRIL 2019

( Carol ) #443

Thank you Pauline @PollysWares and Brenda @teabreaks. I’ve had plenty of tea (which causes it’s own problems :rofl:) and have calmed down now. I hate it as I feel stupid but I have no control over it.

Pauline have you used a TENS machine before? Not wishing to try and put you off as we’re all different but I got one years ago for the arthritis in my spine but it did nothing. I’d like to know how you get on with it.

(Linda Austin) #444

I have a TENS machine and as long as I’m not in a flare I will use it, sometimes I do not know if it is working, I think it depends on my pain levels.

(Sasha Garrett) #445

Recovered from my training (no one can argue quiet like a room of senior invigilators), prepped the poly tunnel for planting this weekend (the cucumber plants are currently on the window sill of the photo area and if they don’t go soon there will be weird shadows in my photos) and finally finished photographing stuff so…

(Thedotterypotter) #446

Well the Gentle dentist wasn’t quite as lovely as he was made out to be…lol! He called me in quite abruptly, didn’t say hello to Mr DP just told him to sit in a side chair and then asked me what I was there for. It was all very matter of fact with him being quite dismissive. Me and Mr DP were exchanging looks like “what is going on here?” He said I didn’t need any fillings but he drilled out and coated some very small holes. When he had finished he got up went to his computer and didn’t make eye contact with us again. So I stood up and asked him about the back tooth pain (I was too scared to asked him anything whilst he was getting on with things with me in the chair as he seemed so grumpy) and he said it’s probably sinusitis. Then I got told to come back for a check up in 6 months and that was that. When we got to the car Mr DP was so angry about how he treated us. He just wasn’t pleasant at all, like he was really cross about something. I didn’t even have chance to tell him about being anxious!
I just really hope that he was having an off day or something. But after we left, he welcomed in the next person like a long lost relative! It was all so weird!..and I’ve still got toothache!

(helenjosephinejewellery) #447

A relist from me today

(Karen Lonergan) #448

Tiberius is a great middle name to have @PollysWares! Captain Kirk would be proud!

( Carol ) #449

What an awful experience Sarah. Isn’t he supposed to be there to help and put you at ease? Will you go elsewhere for a 2nd opinion?

(Thedotterypotter) #450

No, I don’t think I will at the moment as I have only just left the other dental practice. I’ll see how I get on living with the pain and then figure out what to do next. I’ve had the tooth pain since November, so I guess a few more months won’t make much difference. It’s just so odd that he didn’t try to put me at ease or even smile - lol! Maybe I’m expecting too much. The dental hygienist that has since been sacked was thoroughly lovely though!

(Linda Wild) #451

Evening all, everything loved and pinned to here, just a re-list today

(Verchielbeadsandjewellery) #452

A new listing for those that love to make - a rose gold, wire wrapped rose kit.

(Karen Lonergan) #453

Thanks @XStitcherJoss. He was fun to paint!!

(Verchielbeadsandjewellery) #454

Evening.
Natalie @NOfkantsCurios, have a lovely break away - you deserve it.
Sorry to hear of your unpleasant experience at the Dentist today. It really annoys me when you get treated like that - it costs nothing to put people at ease and be polite - how rude of him.
Lovely catching up on everyones news and listings.
Got lots of work done today, making and designing more kits and I think I need to down tools now as my head is buzzing!

(Brenda Cumming) #455

Sarah @thedotterypotter that is awful…do you think that maybe HE was the problem with the hygienist?

(Cat Thomas) #456

What is it with these dentists? It’s far easier to be courteous to people than rude! It’s enough to make a calm person anxious.

(Thedotterypotter) #457

Hmm, it does make you wonder! Bring back my old, retired, bloomin’ amazing dentist!

(Helen Healey) #458

Sorry to hear you had such an unpleasant experience with your unfriendly dentist Sarah @thedotterypotter. It makes me very thankful for my lovely lady dentist.

All loved and pinned and another new tote bag from me.

https://folksy.com/items/7262561-Floral-tote-bag-with-bold-blue-and-beige-flowers

(Brenda Cumming) #459

One sale for me please Max…total 1

(Sue Mellem) #460

Sounds a really peculiar dental practice Sarah @thedotterypotter. Maybe you could ask around for recommendations for an understanding dentist who has a good reputation for working with nervous patients?

Natalie @NOfkantsCurios have a great trip. Fabulous that you have such a helpful family that you can rely on. Happy hunting and anniversary xx

(Sweet Pea) #461

Evening all. I have listed another pouch similar to yesterday’s one, but this one is fat rather than slim!

(Natalie Ofkants) #462

Thank you all for your kind mini break wishes, we’re having a lovely time already!

Yes, I do have news, conflicting news though, lol! I have one person tell me it is a vertebrae and one saying it’s just an unusual stone, lol! Either way I love it, don’t want to jeopardise it by whittling at it, so keeping it intact, until the curiosity get to me I expect.

We’ve have some good finds already, on our first day, which is really just a half day.

Just a few finds so far, these two however are too brittle to work with, they would crumble over time.

Sarah @thedotterypotter if you were misdiagnosed, for profit, that is a reportable offence, for which the dental professional should be held accountable, the the owner or the practice this person is/was working for, should report them to the general dental council. If I read it correctly, this is the grumpy dentist you then saw Maybe he was worried you might report his practice so that is why he was grumpy with you, as the person employing the other professional, he would also be accountable, as he seems to know it was going on, and has not done anything about it. Either way you have been treated appallingly!

Natalie x