Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - DECEMBER 2017

Something unusual from me to day, a pair of penny farthing embroideries encased into acrylic frames, use as coaters if you prefer…

3 Likes

Sarah @thedotterypotter so pleased your getting some relief from the terrible pain you were in, now, all you have to do is keep taking those tablets and keep up with your dentist appointments, never let it get to that stage again. This is the start of your new life, soon, you won’t be too scared to live… let me tell you a story, it may or may not help, and isn’t connected with the dentists either. Gradually, as my children were born, I became more and more scared of driving. It just seemed easier to hand the keys over to my other half, whilst I made sure they were all ok in the back. And after 4 children, I seemed to completely give up, apart from driving locally within about 15 minutes of my home. So, at least they all got to school, clubs and the like. This must have happened over a period of around 18 years. Then one day, I thought to myself, ‘I’m scared to live’ and ‘this is so life limiting’ so I decided to do something about it. And, with the help of my partner, every single time we went out, I drove, motorways, cities, anything and everything. All weather conditions. I gained back my confidence, until, just before our main holiday, the 7 seater died. And with the loan of my Dads car we were still able to go away, albeit in two cars. Fortunately, I knew the route well, but by the time we reached our halfway stop, I realised I was so incredibly tense that my jaw ached. I sucked a mint and thought to myself, well I got that far… after that, it was a breeze, I started to enjoy driving again. I started to go all over the place, very often on my own. Up and down the motorway, driving in cities, and in the countryside. I have visited so many people and places, nothing has held me back. So, I hope this has shown you, that you have started on your journey to living life again. It takes time, it’s horribly stressful at times (believe me, if I did drink, I may have had one, even if I was driving) I used to get so worked up, I would sweat and panic before I left, and yet, I would not let him take over the driving. It is now around 10 years since I turned my life around, start yours today.
And now onto today’s listing

15 Likes

Thank you Judith, so sorry to hear about your uncle :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:
My work is being exhibited in a gallery called the sock gallery. It’s actually right in the heart of our town in the town hall. It gets it’s name from the hosiery industry, which was very big around here in days gone by.

The local sculpture of the sock man.
Nowadays, I think the university and colleges must be the largest employee around for miles… most of the industry has closed and gone forever.

9 Likes

good afternoon all…what a lovely array of fantastic items on here today…
I know it isn’t a listing but Sue I love the sculpture of the sock man…Somewhere in my distant past I remember seeing sock machines knitting socks…I love anything like that.
Today I have one of my aceos…
https://folksy.com/items/7081747-aceo-art-painting-trees-landscape-ref-f256-

5 Likes

Hi everyone .
Christmas cards and tags from me today . Still all ( 43 items ! ) on offer in my shop @ 20% off, using code CHRISTMASCARDPROMO17

5 Likes

Afternoon all, I thought I’d add a bit of Winter foliage to my photo today, just to see if it puts the idea of Christmas into people’s minds!
Today’s listing

5 Likes

Good afternoon everyone a relist today

4 Likes

Afternoon all, the day is running away too quickly.

Condolences Judith, sorry for your loss. @JudithLogan
Sue @SueTrevor you have just described my driving situation - except I haven’t over come it. If anything I am getting worse.
Sarah @thedotterypotter sorry for the scare story - but pleased if it helps you swallow the pills. x

5 Likes

So sorryJudith to hear about your uncle @JudithLogan it’s so hard but best wishes to you and your family.
No sewing involved in today’s listing!

4 Likes

Hiya everyone!
Hope all is ok,
A new set of Xmas tags from supply shop

Max @paperchainsandbeads a sale for stationery tally please X
Back later on to catch up,
Steph X

3 Likes

Got a start on the photos today and here is a new listing

3 Likes

Afternoon!
It’s been another busy day today, I’ve been sewing since 8am, just packaged some orders, went to get in the car and my tyre has a puncture :disappointed: kwick fit cant come out until tomorrow so waiting for the rac to give me a tow - but first I have a long walk up a very steep hill to my sons school!
On the plus side I have 7 sales to add please Max @paperchainsandbeads xx

4 Likes

A bracelet with a Christmas theme today - the bell charms actually tinkle!

3 Likes

new today

4 Likes

Fab Sculpture Sue, good luck with the exhibit

all loved to here

3 Likes

Love the sock man too @SueTrevor

Can I add one to the tally please Max @paperchainsandbeads

3 Likes

Evening all, I’ve liked and pinned to here!

A dinky book brooch from me :slight_smile:

:slight_smile:

5 Likes

Evening all happy dancing for sales peeps :slight_smile:

So sorry for your loss Judith @JudithLogan

All the best with the exhibit Sue @SueTrevor, and well done for overcoming your fears. I decided just before my 50th that I was going to pull up my big girl knickers and do things that were on my bucket list but was just to scared to do it, the bravest was snorkeling in the sea when we went to Egypt (and I really really don’t like being in the sea) felt sick the whole time but told myself it would always be a dream if I never tried. Interestingly that change made a real difference in my mind set and since have applied and been successful for promotion at work after years of ‘plodding’ along and if I want to do something now I just go for it!

glad to hear you are feeling better Patricia @silverbirchstudio

Gentle hugs to you Steph, it would be lovely for you if they could do something xx

10 Likes

1 sale for me please Max (total 1)

6 Likes

Can you add 2 sales for me please Maxine @paperchainsandbeads

4 Likes