Folksy Ltd

Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - FEBRUARY 2018

(Patricia Smith) #561

Morning. Congrats to Natalie @NOfkantsCurios on your sales - enjoy the celebrations! here is my listing for today. Hope you manage to get Facebook working @PollysWares138. I gave up on it long ago!

(PollysWares138) #562

Phe - eew that was a marathon love fest but all caught up with yesterdays links from you all now.

Glad you managed a lay in Max @paperchainsandbeads. I was always up around 4:30 when I was working but now I’m retired I find it difficult to get out of bed by 8:30 now.

Love your parrot brooch @thatenamelguy.

Todays link is another new one - that’s getting on for 30 new ones this year.

(Thedotterypotter) #563

I found this post had quite a few different suggestions - (you have to expand the comments to see all of the suggestions)

Also - if you go into your business page - settings - Go over to the left hand column and find Post Attribution - make sure that you have it ticked as Post as Your business name.

I’m not sure if any of the suggestions in that thread will help - a lot of people said it didn’t but some said it worked. Good Luck x

(PollysWares138) #564

Thank you @thedotterypotter I have saved this and will look at it later. xxx

Hope it works.

(Barbara Byrom) #565

Congratulations @NOfkantsCurios on such a great milestone. Just another little pendant for me today.

(Cariad Crafts) #566

Afternoon

Congrats Natalie @NOfkantsCurios

and well done on all others with sales.

After a terrible wet morning, yay the sun has just popped out, hope it stays

Here is mine for today

Hope everyone has a good weekend and a couple of lie ins

Carol xx

(Natalie Ofkants) #567

Thank you everyone for your congratulations, it really is happy occasion!

Struggled to list today, must have re-written this list at least three times, but got there in the end, not sure what was going on.

My item is a translucent leaf agate gemstone keyring or handbag charm.

Natalie x

(BeadifulByJill) #568

Hi all, hope your all enjoying you saturday

(Roz) #569

I’m also spending much of the day curled up on the sofa watching the olympics although I have been good and been to the gym - rowed 2km and ran 5km so feel I’ve learnt a lazy afternoon!

2 sales to report please Maxine @paperchainsandbeads

Waiting for my ex to arrive - he’s coming to visit the dog!

(EllyRowbothamPrintmaker) #570

Thanks for this… @thedotterypotter I’m just starting Fb for my printmaking but really don’t know if I can deal with sorting out Yet Another digital universe… it’s too distracting & I just want to design & print! - how do you guys manage to list so often?!:star_struck:

Forgot to say I sold 12 cards yesterday, from my mobile pop-up shop, but sadly not from my Folksy Shop - so can’t be added to the tally Max @paperchainsandbeads

(Thecardjeanie) #571

Good afternoon all,

Wet and miserable here in Norwich…

Jeanie x

(Sanad00) #572

Just this tiny heart today

(EllyRowbothamPrintmaker) #573

When you say C-note, do you mean the top C (one finger)? - Is it not sounding when you close the keys? Sounds like it could possibly be a pad or two/few/all needs replacing…if they don’t close properly, the air leaks & so doesn’t sound. The first culprit I’d look at is the thumb key…& then the 2 little keys above the thumb hole(at the head end)…

It could even be just one of the ‘Linked’ Keys which might not be too complicated/difficult to cure or a spring popped out of it’s slot preventing a key from operating?

As you press each key in turn, check to see if you can see any gaps under the pads - I used to use Rizla papers to check mine (in the old days when I was a smoker!!), to ‘feel’ for gaps.

Have you had flute player try to get a sound out of it? - Good Luck & y’welcome to get in touch if you want some help or guidance for communicating with repairers.

I’ve taken mine completely apart & put it back together to do repairs, (which I wouldn’t do to someone else’s!!) - I play Simple System these days, no keys only holes :joy:

(Maxine Veronica) #574

afternoon all, yay happy dance for your sales Roz and Elly (even if we can’t add then to the tally) :dancer:

Just finished some new pieces for next week been playing with beads today :prayer_beads:

(carolinefrodsham) #575

Afternoon all … a dreary , wet one at that .
Relisting a new pair of these with new photos. Busy with some different ideas but can’t seem to get anything finished to any kind of satisfying end product! Still it’s nice to play about and watch the household chores mount up around me/ or just completely ignore them.

(Roz) #576

All down to you Maxine @paperchainsandbeads and your new Facebook group - I only just popped something on in passing and it sold :slight_smile: Thanks for all your hard work.

(Maxine Veronica) #577

You are very welcome Roz @OrchardFelts , things are much better when people work together :). Also I just got a sale, 2 in fact one here and one on the bay :wink: so happy dancing for me too :dancing_women:

(Thedotterypotter) #578

Thanks for all the advice :slight_smile: Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker - yes, I think it was the Low C that I could play. I took it to the music shop yesterday and a guy that could play the flute tried to get a note out of it - there is a problem when pressing the back home key where the thumb goes (sorry, complete amateur, don’t even know the names yet!) I wanted to make sure it wasn’t just me having problems blowing into it but it appears not.
One of the other keys has also been really bent out of shape (the long one that is under the 2nd 3rd keys on the left hand)
On the plus side the guy from the music shop seems to think that they pads all seem quite airtight.

I managed to phone a nice flute repairer today (there is such a thing, I was giving up hope) and he can look at it on Tuesday afternoon - so I will know more then I guess. I only really meant to go for a really cheap flute to see if I could blow a note even but this one got offered to me in my price range. The lady had no idea there was any problems with it as her son had just kept it in the box after he gave up after only a short while so hopefully, it’s nothing major!!

(Thedotterypotter) #579

Caroline @carolinefrodsham - I had a really unproductive day today but I continued to hide down the studio so I didn’t have to face the absolute tip of my home! I did have to come up and clean up a bit in the end though, it was disgusting! Our natural state in this family seems to be living in a pig stye!

(Mel) #580

I’ve had a lovely day with my mum and sister today on a sewing course at the coast. We were learning to make a landscape picture using fabric and embroidery. The time flew by and I’ve still got to embroider it, but it was great to learn some new skills.