Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - FEBRUARY 2018

Everything that has to be done for tomorrow is now done and i have a few minutes before my next client meeting so…
No @carolinefrodsham you haven’t missed anything I’m just going to make you guess when I get back by showing you photos of temples/ jungle/ palm fringed beaches.
And Patricia @silverbirchstudio I’m a bit of a crappy tour guide but in terms of museums we have the FitzWilliam http://www.fitzmuseum.cam.ac.uk/ which regularly changes its exhibitions and Kettle’s yard http://www.kettlesyard.co.uk/ which has just reopened following the building of a art space extension (the old bit was very interesting not been round it since the reopening). For galleries have a walk up Bene’t street (away from the corn exchange towards kings college, past the eagle pub) as there are a couple of galleries on there, then turn right onto King’s Parade as there are a number more on there (also look out for Rainbow Cafe (down an alley way opposite the entrance to King’s) that’s the really good veggie /vegan place). Keep going past the Senate House and onto Trinity Street where there are a few more galleries, Heffers (which used to be good for craft supplies not sure what its like now) and the trinity street craft market (saturdays only). Keep going until you get to the cross roads at the Round Church if you turn right you’ll head back into town (and another gallery on the left), if you turn left you’ll head up towards Castle Hill which is where kettles yard and a bead shop (the beaderie most crystal and glass beads) are. We are rather lacking in craft shops (haberdashry dept at john lewis and a hobbycraft) so I tend to head into London for that. I’ll ask the OH if he knows of anything interesting going on at the colleges as they sometimes have exhibitions of sculpture in the gardens and get back to you.

5 Likes

Can you add a sale for me please Maxine @paperchainsandbeads

1 Like

Afternoon all, another realist from me I’m afraid. I’ll be back to read through etc,

5 Likes

I think I need to revisit Cambridge! I went to Kettles Yard many years ago, it’s such a delightful and calming place. Doing my partners family tree recently, his family lived and worked in Cambridge for generations. It sounds like theres plenty to do :yellow_heart:

4 Likes

Happy holidays Sasha @SashaGarrett
Good luck with washing machine repair - mines ‘going its dinger’ now :wink: Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery and love the green peridot! Hearts left and a pin or two made to here Mags :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Love this hanging Roz, I have this in my bedroom from the Isle of Berneray, I love it hanging from the driftwood.

4 Likes

I really like those earrings Mags :smiley:

2 Likes

Hi all,

Another new card from me today…

Jeanie x

4 Likes

Just a relist from me today

7 Likes

Can I report another sale Maxine @paperchainsandbeads that brings me to 4 . Both my chicks have gone to rooost! :grinning::dancer:

8 Likes

Finally, thought I was not going to make a listing today. Photographing Hematite! OMG.

4 Likes

Back from my meeting with a couple more commissions so now for a few more things to do in Cambridge!
@SueTrevor there is lots to do in Cambridge we are very lucky in that respect. If you come in July there is the open studio scheme (https://www.camopenstudios.co.uk/) we put together a guide and you can tour round and meet all sorts of artists (me included) in our studios, last year there were about 325 artists to pick from. In september this year we have the print makers biennial (http://cambridgeoriginalprintmakers.com/news) and in october the art fair (https://www.cambridgeartfair.com/), there is a painting and miniature show at some point as well. There are plenty of other museums and to my shame I’ve not been in most of them (and the museum of anthropology was wandered round with a bottle of champers!), you can also tour the colleges which have some amazing buildings (I’ve been in quite a number of those).
@silverbirchstudio if its a sunny day when you visit a stroll through the Backs is worth doing as there are masses of daffs, anenomes, aconites, snowdrops etc planted so it looks amazing (follow the alley way by senate house which takes you round the edge of some of the colleges to the public bridge over the river), its also easier to break into the colleges from the back if you want to wander round them (they aren’t always open to the public or you have to pay).

5 Likes

Bless you Sasha, you’re an amazing tour guide! I wasn’t expecting so much detail, especially if you’re about to head off somewhere! The Fitzwilliam and Kettle’s Yard were already on the list but all the rest is really helpful! Pity we won’t be there on a Saturday as I remember the market is good. Looking forward to a good nose around and at least it’s closer than Chile where we went for his birthday last year! Thank you again and have a great time, XX

1 Like

Evening Folks, yay happy dancing for your sales Brenda, Sue, Valerie and Megan :dancer:

Have a wonderful time Sasha, I look forward to seeing some awesome photo’s :beach_umbrella: :palm_tree:

3 Likes

Hiya,
Sorry I’m late!
Don’t know where today has gone
https://folksy.com/items/5792361-Mother-s-Day-Greeting-Card-Printed-Applique-Design-HandFinished-Mothers-Day-Cardimage
Catching up
X

4 Likes

this is showing as unavailable, could it still be in drafts, or sold!!! Have loved it anyway

Carol xx

1 Like

Hi everyone, I have decided to put my shop on holiday mode for a while. I have two shops and finding it difficult to keep them both up to date with photos, new items etc… Thanks for all your wonderful support and I will still be on Twitter and facebook sharing all of you as much as possible. I will be back again but going to focus on my other shop for the moment Lots of love, Claire xxx

13 Likes

Evening

A very cold day here too in Cheshire, wet this morning but bit of sunshine this afternoon.

Well done on sales especially Megan @SoSewMegan - those chicks were lovely

Love those earrings Mags @magsmaxwelljewellerydesign

Here is my new one

Carol xx

5 Likes

I wonder where you are going! Look forward to some photos when you return . Have a great time. You should be a tour guide/ ambassador for Cambridge :grinning: Brilliant stuff . Have been once, but definitely have to return one day :grinning:

1 Like

Evening all .
Hope all well . Relisting new ones of these . Desperate to get something different listed but feeling very pushed for time and so just keep churning out the same things when they sell.

4 Likes