Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

Hi everyone,
Happy new year to you all,
Sorry I’ve not been here much over the break.

Hoping to start a fresh. I’ve had some sales but I need to tally them up.
Here’s mine today
https://folksy.com/items/5697591-Card-Heart-Shapes-Large-Scalloped-Hearts-Shabby-Chic-Rose-Print-30pk-

Back to pinning and loving now!
Steph X

6 Likes

Thank
You for the warm welcome @paperchainsandbeads as well as the positive feedback on my work. Settling in now :grin:

3 Likes

Thank you @OrchardFelts - I totally agree. Another week, a new day, another opportunity to shine! :grin:

2 Likes

Good morning everyone. After a frosty start here in the North, the sun has come out now. Back to school today and slept in!!! Still trying to get into my day so just posting an image I already have up on the shop instead of a new one for now. Thank you all for the warm welcomes as well as the favourites and lovesof my work. The encouragement and support does help :blush:A Checked Past

9 Likes

Hope your legs are OK today after your mammoth bike ride yesterday Roz @OrchardFelts x

Caroline @carolinefrodsham - has your daughter handed her dissertation in yet? xx

My listing today is this little owl

Please can you add 10 sales to the tally today Max @paperchainsandbeads x

9 Likes

Morning

A beautiful frosty sunny day, mighty cold tho, but much cheerier than the wet and grey

Welcome Sheree @LivingWildStudios, your work is lovely

Here is a new listing at last yay!!!

Carol xx

7 Likes

Has anyone in this group got any knowledge from doing workshops? I continually get asked to do them and always decline, but a group of textile artists have asked me to do a workshop and they are only 10 miles away, so I feel more comfortable starting close to home. I guess I have to have an idea as to what I can teach as well as ask them what they’d like to learn. My biggest fear is asking for money. Does anyone have any ideas what I may charge? And they will include mileage. I don’t mind including materials into the cost, as they shouldn’t use too much of my precious hand dyed silks and cottons. I’m thinking of a decent price, so it will encourage me to do it, otherwise it won’t be worth the stress or my nerves or time and effort, not just on the day but preparing for it too. Any thoughts? Gladly welcomed :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart: I’m thinking, around 6 hours?

3 Likes

Good morning . A lovely day but really struggling to get any good pictures because of the shadows.
Welcome to all the new people . Its lovely to see some new items
I’ve been busy with some new cushions
https://folksy.com/items/7090113-Mustard-Hedgehogs-Cushion-
https://folksy.com/items/7090114-Teal-Ducks-Cushion-
https://folksy.com/items/7090108-Purple-Pheasants-Cushion-

Valerie x

6 Likes

Hi Valerie
Love your cushions, especially the colours you’ve used. Wee heads up - your Mustard Owls have magically morphed into Hedgehogs - though equally adorable : )

1 Like

@SueTrevor I’ve done a couple of needlefelting and crochet workshops for friends of a friend - can’t really advise on charging because I didn’t charge much. My tip would be think carefully about what they can achieve in the time - when I overestimated what they were likely to achieve in the time, I felt disappointed and I’m sure they did too, as they didn’t go home with a finished (or even close to) product.

1 Like

Thanks for noticing. That’s what comes of copying

1 Like

Thanks Mel. Yes. Definitely mustn’t expect too much, even if they are textile artists. I showed a mother and daughter a few years back and the daughter was really fast. No inhibitions like we get as we get older I suppose!.

1 Like

Hi Sue

I also get asked to do workshops now & again - though for bookbinding. Haven’t done any yet but thinking about it, though I don’t think it would be financially worthwhile in my case. I’ve attended quite a few workshops though. My advice would be to overestimate how much material people use, just in case. When in learning/student mode, it’s easy to forget the cost to the tutor & grab what you can at such workshops!

Best of luck. Be interested to hear how it goes if you do it.

Sharon

3 Likes

I’m having problems getting on to my page now. Could be because BT are upgrading us today so hopefully in the future things will be a bit faster
Valerie

Thanks Sharon. I think one told me tutor said she always looses a piece of equipment every time she teaches! And maybe I should limit the raw materials too :blush:

1 Like

A belated Happy New Year to all. I’ve been away for a bit but it’s back to work again. Hope to have some new items soon, having been bookily inspired in Bronte country over the last 2 weeks.

All the best for crafting, work, sales, family & friendship to all in 2018.

6 Likes

That sounds about right! Organised chaos : )
BTW - how you get an image to come up beside your name there? I just get a big B.

1 Like

Thanks you. I have to give it a go though! I’m on my phone at the moment. So I don’t know how I got the image. It’s got to be something in the symbols at the top where you can upload your own picture. Press on the B and see what it comes up with! Sorry not much use to you today

Speaking of which, I still haven’t braved stitching my ‘M’ initial which I bought from you some time back! Too worried about making a mess of it.

1 Like

Yes. Click on the B. Scroll down and you will find it :laughing: sorry. That was for @HandBoundBookCo not you Mel. Better. Get off my phone and do some work!

1 Like