Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

Brilliant. Mystery solved. Thanks so much :grinning:

Thanks. I often wondered how to change the V

I have never run a workshop Sue @SueTrevor but maybe you could make a small pack up with all the materials required for each student - in that case they canā€™t take more than youā€™ve accounted for! (obviously you would probably need a few spares in case someone messes up)

1 Like

Just relisting this lovely fluffy scarf today.

5 Likes

Can anyone tell me how I have managed to loose some of my items between Christmas and now?! Just had to remove them from my shop because I have searched high and low to no avail.

Sue @SueTrevor - I have only investigated felting workshops and prices seem to range from abut Ā£35 - Ā£50 per person for a half day and double that (or sometimes more) for a full day. Materials are sometimes included depending on what the workshop is for and how much fibre will be used. Some include a little kit to take away so students can have a go on their own afterwards.

3 Likes

Managed to miss another day - canā€™t keep doing that at my age :grinning:At least I have some idea where that one went; descent of the grand children and theit mother for a full day contact. I should have got up earlier in anticipation of it. So here is the new listing I should have added yesterday.

6 Likes

Todays posting ā€¦Alpaca blend fingerless mitts . Size Ladies small/ teen ā€¦

8 Likes

Afternoon All, added some more Sale items today.
Hope you are all keeping warm, itā€™s such a cold one!

boho pearl 2

7 Likes

good afternoonā€¦another aceo from me todayā€¦
https://folksy.com/items/7090276-miniature-art-fantasy-painting-aceo-ref-281-

7 Likes

Good afternoon all,

Here is the second card in my Collectorā€™s section. Can be personalised

Jeanie x

6 Likes

Afternoon all,

First of a few Valentineā€™s Day cards today.

5 Likes

Can you add 3 sales for me please Maxine @paperchainsandbeads

1 Like

Clocks are now back in stock :smiley:

5 Likes

I used to do a series of short (2-3 hour) workshops rather than a whole day, as that was more suited to my students. If you Google craft workshops in your county you will find prices range from Ā£10-Ā£15 to Ā£250 depending on the craft being taught. Donā€™t under price yourself!

2 Likes

Hi Everyone. Hope you are keeping warm, I hoped to do a new listing today but time has defeated me, so itā€™s a relist. But I have had a sale today, albeit on the Dark Side, so I know it doesnā€™t count on here. But a sale is a sale, so I am happy!

I didnā€™t know how to do spiral herringbone when I made my first one of these, but I sure did by the time Iā€™d finished!

Turquoise Lariat with Swarovski Crystals

7 Likes

Evening all,
I have spent the entire day tidying the top of my metalwork workbench, need to do the stone stringing one nextā€¦then the officeā€¦it is a huge job, I am a very untidy person.
So no new makes to share.

5 Likes

I also am extremely untidy Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery - I despair of myself. If I spent the month clearing and tidying up I still donā€™t think our house would be tidy.

Off this evening to our WI Christmas Party - we had to postpone it in December because of the snow, so tonight is the night.

A re-list before I go

7 Likes

Good evening everyone
a relist today

6 Likes

Good evening folks yay happy dance for a visit from the sales fairy :fairy: Valerie, Sarah and Sue.

Sue @SueTrevor, I run regular jewellery workshops at our local adult learning centre. I charge Ā£7.50 for a 2 hour class and include basic materials. The aim is that at the end of two hours each student gets to take home a completed item, I need to have a class of at least 6 to break even which covers rent, materials as well as my expenses and time. Most of my classes are between 8 and 14 so I usually make a reasonable profit for 2 hours a week over the whole year and I enjoy doing it. I run 3 courses a year of 4 weeks. My tips are people use (and abuse) your tools, I invested in a few cheaper sets for students to use. I always try to source quality materials like glass beads rather than plastic so people feel like they are getting good value and be prepared to have patients in a class of 8 at least 1 will need more support, I have several regulars that have been attending for the last 2 years so they tend to just get on, I have to keep a good balance though between advanced and basic techniques to keep the regulars interested whilst the new ones learn the basics. As Sharon said some people can be a bit ā€˜grabbyā€™ and go for all the biggest sparkliest prettiest beads but I try to explain that do they really want to wear a necklace that is so heavy it will given them a neck ache!, better to ā€˜featureā€™ a few nice beads against plainer ones, it doesnā€™t always work though lol!

8 Likes
5 Likes