Folksy Ltd

Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

(Brenda Cumming) #382

faved to here x

(jessicagoulty) #383

Hello all, sorry I’m late, got sidetracked looking at baby stuff online in the sales and totally forgot to do my new listing! D’oh! Thank goodness for relists :grin:

@SueTrevor funny you ask about courses, I’ve been asked to do a marbling one later in the year and am attempting to work out the logistics!

Here’s that relist. Now I’m off to catch up!

(PetraBradleyPrints) #384

Don’t forget, that whilst all this is going on, that you are a really successful ceramicist, and one of the best sellers on Folksy too.

(Sarah Bell) #385

Evening all.
Sorry I missed yesterday. I liked and pinned everything, then fell asleep. Oh dear.

I’ve renewed the photos and relisted this one:

Congrats everyone with sales :slight_smile:
Liked to here, just got a few to pin if I can convince Pinterest to work.

( Valerie Dockerty) #386

I think you may have re linked my necklace by mistake

(BellasSewingRoom) #387

Visited and left love up to here :heart:️X

(PetraBradleyPrints) #388

Little old fashioned needlecord bag today.

(Claire Mead) #389

Hi, Here is a brand new oilcloth make up bag, handmade this evening.

(Karen Ellam) #390

I’m a little late to the party today, but I have caught up and even listed something new. :slight_smile:

(Sue) #391

Thanks so much for all your input everyone. I’m thinking I need to get in touch and ask how long they were thinking of and approximately how many people. I think I shall put in a good price for me, (I’m a poor starving artist and can never afford much!) Having said that a few years back I paid £25 for a two hour evening class, mainly istening and watching demonstrating, but it was with a glass bead maker, who was considered the best in the country. I’ve had a quick look on the internet and prices do vary so much. My partner says if I charge a lot people will expect an experienced tutor! Jessica @jessicagoulty, go for it, you’ll enjoy the break from looking after a baby when she’s born! I did some workshops years ago, and the one needy person can ruin it for everyone, trying to share your time equally is hard. I’m thinking of taking some hand dyed fabrics to sell separately, so they can always buy more. And ration my precious stock!

(Deborah Jones) #392

Be careful not to teach them too closely what you make yourself. I have a free machine embroidery textile artist friend who also made textile jewellery for her bread and butter, she ran some textile jewellery classes locally and one of her students started up in competition with her, selling very similar looking but inferior, for cheaper, took her craft fair slots and even got work in similar galleries, it was really unpleasant.

(Sue) #393

That is my biggest worry Deborah, I have seen people trying some of my techniques on the internet. It’s not nice, it’s a technique that has taken me years to develop and everyone wants to know exactly how to do it, without all the development, some people say, I’ll be able to move on because they don’t have my next idea! I’m not so sure. Teaching and talking is something everybody asks me about, and with the lack of evening classes I can understand why. Only last night my son found a copy of my work on the internet, my work from years ago, now supposedly they are selling under licence from the BBC, but the bbc never had my copyright in the 1st place, so, once you tell people, and someone copies, you’ve not got a chance. I just wish people would enjoy and collect my work now, I enjoy making best, and I need to eat!

(Facaldoflowers) #394

Hi everyone - flower wicker hearts - Valentine’s day, Mother’s day gift or Anniversary, Housewarming wreaths

(Natalie Ofkants) #395

Good morning everyone. A quick relist if I may, hopefully some photography done tomorrow.

My item is a gadget pouch or e-reader case made from gents neck ties.

Natalie x

(Maxine Veronica) #396

Good morning yay happy dancing for a visit from the sales fairy :fairy: for me whoop!

(Adien Crafts) #397

Morning All, on my third coffee trying to wake up - roll on the lighter mornings! Hope everyone is doing okay, happy dancing for you Max! Just catching up with loving and some pinning

red and turq

( Carol ) #398

Good morning everyone :blush:

(BellasSewingRoom) #399

Here’s today’s listing, a cushion cover made from a gorgeous William Morris fabric and edged in Pom Pom trim

(Sharon Thompson) #400

Morning! Putting up this poor little listing which hasn’t generated much interest yet. Also do this in album in other sizes - just ask.
Hope you all have a good day in whatever you’re doing :slightly_smiling_face:

(Deborah Jones) #401

Morning.
A new listing at last.