Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

Afternoon all, just realised that all of the photos I took yesterday are out of focus! So another relist!

@SueTrevor taking along kits and extras to sell is a great idea and definitely get them to bring their own thread! People stealing others’ intellectual property is such an issue. Yes you can move on to the next idea, but why should you have to?

I’ve now been asked to do two different classes, both of them short (90mins or so ) but as for dates, I’m thinking late August into September for the first one. Ladies with children, do you reckon that might be a bit soon if the baby is 4/5 months? I would hope to be getting into a routine by then, but I don’t want to turn up to teach a course feeling utterly exhausted ( yes I know I’ll be tired, but I can function on tiredness!) as that’s not fair on the class attendees. Hubby would look after baby so no worries there. Would I be better waiting until the baby is 6/7months? Sorry to blabber!

Back on topic, here’s my relist!

7 Likes

Jessica, we’re all different, I was always grateful for time spent away from my babies, but only short spaces as otherwise your on duty 24/7 everyday, all day, I was extremely over tired with my 1st, but after that, it got easier, I ended up with 4, so yes, the 1st is most definitely the hardest. Do it, you’ll go back and enjoy the baby more for having had a break!

4 Likes
6 Likes

Didn’t finish today’s makes in time to photograph, so here’s one I’ve shown some of you before. Hopefully will have photos of new things tomorrow.

Jessica @jessicagoulty , very hard to say when the right time is for your course but I know I wanted to get back to crafting, even just a little, ASAP and preparing for a course gives you a good reason to allow yourself to put it higher in your priorities than cleaning (or maybe that’s just my strange was of looking at things!)

6 Likes

Good afternoon all,

A dark, miserable day here in Norwich so here is something colourful from me…

Jeanie x

6 Likes

An unusual Valentine’s item today.

7 Likes

Cleaning! Haha! There’s never any time for that if you ask me! :smile:

4 Likes

Good afternoon everyone a new listing today

7 Likes

Love these! What gorgeous colours.

Hooray :tada::tada::tada::tada::tada::tada:
Daughter has given in her dissertation after 2 very long nights ( it was always going to be worked on till the last minute )
She discovered she could ‘bind’ it herself ,so had all of Monday to work on it. Had a mixture of seriousness, hysterical laughter and tears till 1.15 am on the phone last night . She stayed up all night and printed it out at 6am this morning (library open all night!) and gave it in before the 12.00 deadline.
So relieved , I can’t tell you .
Missed seeing all your stuff properly over last days , so will have a leisurely look tonight :slightly_smiling_face: Looking forward to that.
Hope everyone well and hope I actually post something soon :slightly_smiling_face:

15 Likes

Another pair of cuffkinks today

5 Likes

So glad that your Daughter has got that out of the way now Caroline @carolinefrodsham - a good night’s sleep ahead for both of you Zzzzzzzzz!

My listing today is

3 more sales to add to the tally please Max @paperchainsandbeads x

9 Likes

A new coin purse for me today. Grey oilcloth with white spots.
https://folksy.com/items/7090488-Coin-purse-in-grey-with-white-spots-Handmade-Wipe-clean-gift-for-her

7 Likes

Indeed Sarah ! I can’t wait :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Evening all,

Another Valentine’s Day card today.

5 Likes

Jessica @jessicagoulty - as others said we are all different as are the babies! My husband was pretty useless with regards to looking after babies and my youngest was about 15months old before I left either of them for a shopping trip with a friend. Even then I got a phone call to say the youngest had fallen in the mud and what should he do! To be fair he did always say if I wanted children that they would be my responsibility until they were 5 as he didn’t do babies! Not sure he “did” children either but thats a different story. I’m sure if your husband is willing to be hands on you will be fine and it will give you an interest and something to look forward to outside of all the baby care.

Just off to the gym now - not sure I really want to go but might as well give it a try.

4 Likes

Evening folks yay happy dancing for your visots from the sales fairy :fairy: Steph, Brenda, Sarah and Carol

So pleased your daughter got her dissertation in , I remember vividly getting mine in many sleepless nights :sleeping_bed:

Sue @SueTrevor I agree it’s good to take some extra’s, especially the more expensive items, I take extra’s such as sterling silver and gold earwires and gemstones that more experienced can purchase. I’m also really clear on what people can do with the designs I share, not so much jewellery as it’s unliekyl to be unique but some of my gift boxes I desiged myself, I am happy for people to make and gift them but not to sell. Also plan well in advance and make sure you have all your stock, I have had a few wobbles whilst wiating for stock to arrive for planned makes!

Back in the day Jessica @jessicagoulty we only had 12 weeks off maternity so I was back in work 2.5 days a week 3 months after mine were born :wink: and I have to say after the first few days when I missed them terribly I got used to it and it was good to be doing something that didn’t involve having to take nappies, milk and a change of clothes for both of us lol! I was very lucky my Mother in law lived very close and looked after them.

6 Likes

Evening

Yes another very cold, grey and dreary day here brrrr

Here is my new one

Carol xx

7 Likes

So much to catch up with! :slightly_smiling_face:
Jessica @jessicagoulty what lovely news . I hope this means we can have a couple of scrumptious new baby pics . As for doing the classes , I think you should try and do them . But you will only know what you can do when the baby has arrived . As it’s for short periods of time, not a whole day ,I think that sounds perfect . I remember going back to work when my daughter was 9 months and by the end of the day I was desperate to get home …too long a day. It will be a chance to keep your own ‘self worth’ /sanity/ personality(whatever you care to call it) in order . I remember becoming slightly invisible as a mum. Not that I didn’t mind for one second! Also as your OH will be keen to help , this will help him form his own bond with the baby. Perfect :slightly_smiling_face:
Loads of good advice there for you Sue @SueTrevor .I am just thinking that if you can teach a class to start their project from art basics , maybe there wont be any chance of pinching your ideas /designs. Speaking as an ex art teacher! I would get them to draw something . You could bring flowers /fruit /anything in , which they can draw and develop into their own designs /ideas. I always find it amazing that a group can all draw from the same still life and produce such different results. I don’t know if that would work or you could bring in photos /magazines for them to work from.
I would keep your most beautiful textiles and thread to yourself and make up a pack of less beautiful stuff for them! to buy or provide a list of basics to bring .I don’t think that would be unreasonable and they would start thinking about what they will do, if they get themselves previously involved.
Getting carried away again.
Lovely to see your new bags Roz @OrchardFelts . They are really beautiful.

4 Likes

thank you.