Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

Here is my new grey spotty make up bag this evening
https://folksy.com/items/7091028-Make-up-bag-in-grey-with-white-spots-wipe-clean-cosmetic-storage

7 Likes

A new listing today. My favourite beadweaving project is the Russian Spiral necklace, and after a few weeks of not making one I get itchy fingers. So here’s my latest. There’ll be some more soon - you have been warned! I got a bit carried away buying seed beads :rofl:

Teal and Purple Russian Spiral Necklace

7 Likes

Evening everyone.

8 Likes

@SashaGarrett good to have your recommendation; must say I’ve been impressed on my first visit to the website. Our trip in June is to attend the granddaughter’s graduation from high school so we will be seeing plenty of family to guide for the ‘must see’ sights. (And we have been before of course. Our son relocated there from New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina.)
Re your ‘fordite or not fordite’ issue, does ‘quasi fordite’ sound too lawyeriish?
@thecardjeanie I have one or two issues with customers unable to use Paypal for reasons that make no sense to me or them. Once folksy notifies me I offer to send a Paypal invoice or to accept a cheque. Problem with a cheque is that you have to allow six working days for it to clear; I do explain this to customers in the hope it will encourage them to accept an invoice (or use another credit card). I am also thinking about the advantage of a ;Paypal.me’ account.
Here is today’s new listing
https://folksy.com/items/7091033-enamel-cufflinks-oval-enamel-chip-on-red

3 Likes

Love the notebooks @Tealiteful​:grin::+1:t5:

2 Likes

Hello from rainy Iceland. Made and listed this today as needed colour and vibrancy and light.
Happy listing :grin:

6 Likes

Thanks so much @LivingWildStudios how amazing that your in Iceland just now. That’s somewhere I’ve always wanted to visit

2 Likes

Evening all,
A relist today, but not one I’ve shown on the challenge thread.

6 Likes

Its best to not leave it too late when booking as some people forget to update their calendars so the airbnb site has them as available but they have actually accepted a booking on a different platform and when you request to book they come back and go ‘oops sorry, we’re full’ (as happened to me this afternoon with my Ireland trip so I’m now contacting the second choice).

1 Like

Yes Iceland seems
To be on a lot of people’s list to visit. Was on mine for years and then in 2016i Just did it. This is my fourth visit and i’m planning a creative retreat for women here in June. Finalising details and also trying to catch the Northen Lights. Do it @Tealiteful best decision I made :grin:

2 Likes

Pretty @FluffStuffCrafts😁

2 Likes

@Knittingtopia this is so cute - love it and red is my favourite colour :heart:️

2 Likes

Love this :heart:️

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to want to put up a picture so here is the link for that

3 Likes

Evening all,
Had quite a frustrating day today and not made anything new. So another relist.
I managed to drop my polishing barrel in the garden this morning, it popped and scattered all my steel shot in the mud and gravel. took ages to pick it up (so expensive I couldn’t abandon it) luckily husband popped home for lunch and got me a magnet from his workshop, so I think I got most of it. Surprisingly quite a lot of the gravel was magnetic!

8 Likes

@SashaGarrett thanks for that heads up - I need to go through the sign up process before I can try for a reservation so I’ll get on to that as soon as I can.

1 Like

Louise another vote for Iceland being an amazing place from me - we went for my birthday a few years back. Even though it was early May the sun was up by 4 am and didn’t set til midnight ish (it’s really weird wandering back to the hotel in the evening (11pm) when the sun is shining). The light for photos is stunning. I could gush more but you’ll end up hating me.

4 Likes

No new fordite today, synthetic, quasi or otherwise but I do have a relist of a bit of bowlerite (this was definitely a bowling ball in a previous life so don’t need to worry about that)

5 Likes

I had a sale :smiley:Wooohooo :tada:
@paperchainsandbeads
Busy making , well could be busier. Will do photos on Friday . So still can’t post anything :frowning:️ . Hope everyone well and achieving more than I am !

7 Likes

Thank you for the advice @thatenamelguy. I have emailed the customer suggesting that I send her a Paypal invoice.

Jeanie

1 Like