Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

Hi all!
Hope you’re enjoying the weekend,
Listed some Valentine cards today,
https://www.facebook.com/StephanieShortStationery/photos/a.1907670429267294.1073741966.224070400960647/1907672855933718/?type=3&theater

Xx

8 Likes

Hi all,

Another one of my ‘Collectors’ cards…

Jeanie x

6 Likes

Had to take daughter2 and her husband to the shops this morning. That wasn’t in the week’s plan. Back home with a new dish listed

7 Likes

Hi Steph, your link seems to go to Facebook :grinning:

1 Like

A new listing today. As I think I warned, I am a Russian Spiral addict. So I make a lot of them! But I thought I’d experiment with using hex beads instead of the usual seed beads. This was the result. As I started making it, I didn’t like the unevenness but it grew on me as the necklace got longer.

Gold and Red Rustic Russian Spiral Necklace

8 Likes

How many beads do you think are in a necklace like this? You must have the patience of a saint to make them.

1 Like

Good afternoon just bac from a lovely day with my girls, we shopped and went for lunch, nice veggie soup :slight_smile: and thrilled to come home to 2 sales this afternoon so yay happy dance fro a visot from the sales fairy :fairy: for Valerie and myself whoop!

That’s a beaut Sasha @SashaGarrett, looks like it’s got a lot of depth in it.

7 Likes

Hi Sasha. I have just worked it out - around 2,100 in the above necklace. But you sew them on in threes, so it’s not quite as bad as it sounds. And it’s a bit like knitting - if you enjoy it, you just peg away at it without thinking of how many stitches you are making. I am not at all patient with some things. Especially my computer when it goes slow. Have caused more than one crash by pressing all the keys in irritation. :unamused: But beading is different as I enjoy it.

7 Likes

Physically the wall height on that one is the same as all the others but its actually thinner than them as it has a flat top rather than a dome, its just smaller than most I produce so looks deeper. The patterning to it it much more complicated so you can spend far longer staring at it and seeing different things.
Mel @aquilacrafts you have exquisite but expensive taste, the Dagenham car material is considered the pinnacle of fordites due to its rarity and complexity of patterns and colours.

4 Likes

In case anyone is interested I found this photo of a 50’s paint booth at an Austin factory (its from their advertising brochure going on about build quality and what they do to stop rust)

The fordite would have built up on the stand that the car body is sitting on and probably the lungs of the guy doing the spraying!

8 Likes

Restocked and now back in my shop a beige tissue holder with pink flowers.
https://folksy.com/items/7091887-Tissue-holder-in-beige-with-pink-flowers-handmade-in-oilcloth-with-tissues-

and here is the back view

5 Likes

I know what you mean about plugging away and not minding if its something you enjoy doing. Bead weaving isn’t something I’ve ever tried so the next question is which of the weaves uses the most beads per inch? (I realise it would depend on the size of beads that you are using) I would ask which is your most and least favourite but I suspect you don’t bother making the ones you don’t like.

1 Like

Hi Sasha,
Well Russian Spiral is definitely my favourite, but I do like many of the others too. I haven’t done a scientific survey but I would guess that Cellini spiral uses the most beads because it is such a dense design.
This one:

It’s also quite time consuming because you sew the beads on singly, instead of in multiples like some of the other designs.

10 Likes

Your work is so beautiful @Beadseedz x

6 sales for me today please Max @paperchainsandbeads x

6 Likes

Evening all, congrats to those with sales.
A relist from me today, as I haven’t been near my workshop.

6 Likes

Congratulations to those with sales - gone a bit quiet in my shop at the mo, although I did have a sale on the other side yesterday.

Still eating chocolates left over from Christmas- tough, but someone’s got to do it

7 Likes

Found something I don’t need a machine for!

9 Likes

Thank you Sarah. You are very kind. But I am completely bowled over by the talent of most of you. All I do is follow a pattern really, albeit sometimes with a few tweaks of my own.

2 Likes

Good morning everyone. Two crocheted doilies from me today

6 Likes

Loving those crocheted Rose doilies Carol @Knittingtopia

My item for today is a littine horse lovers Rainbow Titanium hemeatite Gemstone keyring or Handbag Charm.

Natalie x

7 Likes