Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

Here is my new item for today (although a bit late) but I have been through all your lovely listings xx
https://folksy.com/items/7092166-Coin-purse-in-beige-with-pink-flowers-ladies-card-holder-zip-new

6 Likes

Good morning. Wow that is windy out. We havenā€™t had the forecast snow overnight though although it was only to be a light dusting anyway.

6 Likes

Good morning yay happy dance for your vsit from the sales fairy :fairy: Caroline and Brenda.

My goodness itā€™s windy out there the morning, take care everyone

5 Likes

Todayā€™s listing . I think I have caught up

7 Likes

Make sure you stay organised this year! :wink:

4 Likes

Hereā€™s todays listing, a flower appliquĆ© zip coin purse

6 Likes

Good morning all. Its back to the craft cabin for me today - not having had any transport Iā€™ve not been able to do any shifts so I am there all day today and tomorrow to make up for it. Not expecting many customers on such a cold and windy day in January but I will take lots of work to do. (and my thermals!)

Got sidetracked from my intended course of action yesterday and ended up making this scarf so here it is :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Morning everyone, my youngest has another snow day today while my oldest has walked to school in the snow again (just over a mile in ankle deep snow) sheā€™s a dedicated wee soul

I havenā€™t had time to do any crafting yet so I have a relist for now. Hoping for a couple of hours later

9 Likes

Morning everyone a new listing today
Hope you soon feel better Karen @karenscraftybitz

8 Likes

How are you feeling today Karen @karenscraftybitz ? xx

No snow here today - just a bit soggy underfoot! We do have gale warnings for later but not windy here at all at the moment.

My listing for today is

9 Likes

Woke up to a sprinkling of frozen snow this morning!

My item today is a pretty little crocheted jacket for a new born.

Natalie x

7 Likes

New birdie broach/corsage

7 Likes

Hello

Freezing cold here but sunny.
I decided to take Jasp out for a little stroll but I made sure to wrap up well with hat, scarf & gloves.

Iā€™m feeling ok but like others have said this lurgy likes to linger. I can feel ok one minute and yuck the next.
Got abit of a dull headache behind my eyes and my ears still arenā€™t right. I think my chest is getting crackly tooā€¦ oh the joys of winter :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

Iā€™m slurping on a nice mug of green tea to warm up.

I havenā€™t really got anything new to list at the moment.
Iā€™ve gotten busy with commissions which all started with a little enquiry on Instagram and then snowballed so Iā€™m really happy.

Iā€™ve started to sculpt peopleā€™s pets from photographs into charms for necklaces etcā€¦
I was really nervous at first when the lady approached me as Iā€™d never tried to work from a photograph before. She was so happy with the results that itā€™s really boosted my confidence and I now have another one to work on.
I do love a challenge as it really pushes me out of my comfort zone.

So just a relist today

15 Likes

good morning all no snow here eitherā€¦but very cold and windy.
I will be back later with my listing and Max if you read this, I saw on tv this morning that Andi Peters was in Pontypridd with a cheque to give away to someoneā€¦he was knocking on doors !

1 Like

Some snow here but not as bad as the rest of Scotland. The snowdrops are out in the garden so spring is on the way
Hope everyone is feeling better
My very last piece of cat fabric. Its been a good seller . I never know whether to get more of a good seller or move on to something different

And my favourite

Valerie x

7 Likes

Morning all that was a windy cold night and woke up this morning to thin layer of snow on the ground which was very crisp and crunchy to walk on. Still really cold now. Roll on spring I say.

Glad you are feeling a bit better @karenscraftybitz and a new challenge sounds great.

Todays listings are a couple of unusual bookmarks, made with chain and beads.

7 Likes

Hiya!
Hope everyone is well and staying warm, itā€™s freezing in the north east!
https://folksy.com/items/6145371-Collage-Design-Open-Greeting-Card-Can-Be-Personalised-Handmade-Card

Xx

8 Likes

Hi, @Sasha Garrettmailto:folksy@discoursemail.com thanks, yes, so pleased. I think I was fortunate that my buttons arrived on the Folksy desk, just as they were putting out a stitching letter.

Funny really, Iā€™ve sold these at craft fairs for years, but not on Folksy as I didnt think there was enough profit in them. I only did these because my sewing machine is out of action, and I wanted to keep up with the daily listing. Even then, when I opened the box I realised Iā€™d ordered jumbo ones by mistake and thought no ones gonna like these, but for 15p itā€™s worth it.

Anyhow, the upshot is, that Iā€™ve had more likes and faves and publicity with these than all the pieces Iā€™ve worked so hard to impress all and sundry with over the years!!!

I tell you this tale as I think thereā€™s a lesson in it somewhere, but Iā€™m not sure yet what that is! Petra x

Petra Bradley
Designer/Maker
https://folksy.com/shops/PetraBradleyPrints

13 Likes

Hello all, sorry for being AWOL- weekend away was great but tiring!
@karenscraftybitz sorry to hear you arenā€™t 100% but at least are feeling a bit better. New commissions! How exciting!

@thedotterypotter hah Iā€™m so jealous, Iā€™d love to get myself a throwing wheelā€¦but seeing as it would be to play about on, I canā€™t justify the price tag for a shimpo whisper rk3d ( tis what I learnt to throw on at uni!) Sighā€¦ canā€™t wait to see your new stuff though!

@sashagarrett how do you part with the Fordite? If it was meā€¦well it would never be in the public eye again!! Haha!

New listing from me, I will try and catch up on those Iā€™ve missed later

11 Likes

Another of my felted bowls / desk tidies ā€¦This wee fella today ā€¦

I think itā€™s a case of calm before the storm for most parts of the UK today ??!!! Hope everyones fences stay put !!! :roll_eyes:

9 Likes