Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2018

A lovely little beanie today in spring fresh colours.

5 Likes

Can you add a sale for me please Maxine @paperchainsandbeads

4 Likes

Hi all,

Something new from me today. Iā€™ve bought some lovely sepia design papers and this is the first card Iā€™ve made with it.

Jeanie x

6 Likes

Good afternoon to you all. Back to miserable weather :frowning_face:
Getting more hearts in for Valentineā€™s :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Morning all,
Todayā€™s listing

Roz, @OrchardFelts I think itā€™s a case of January blues! However, Iā€™m pretty certain Iā€™ve seen workshops advertised on Folksy before now, so I would imagine you can. On a side note, I have now been in touch with the people wanting me to do a workshop, and now I have to wait and see if their interested. I think I went quite high on my costs, but, I am very experienced except in teaching, and Iā€™m not going to get stressed about it unless the financial reward is there. I have to say, itā€™s already taken up a good chunk of my time, just composing emails and doing some research. Iā€™m so glad I asked for help on this forum, itā€™s been so useful. Thereā€™s still a huge amount of preparation to do, which I may do anyway, so Iā€™m ready to go next time someone asks. They donā€™t want me until after the summer, if at all, so I have plenty of time. Iā€™ve been looking at some well known embroidery artists on the internet, and they seem to go right back to the basics, so I must remember not everyone knows as much as me! And try and pitch it right. Right, less about meā€¦ off to do some hearting!

7 Likes

good afternoon allā€¦
I NEARLY had another sale today but the lady had difficulty paying. She didnā€™t have paypal
I told her that she could send me a cheque but she said that she doesnā€™t have a cheque bookā€¦mmm.
Never mind, I have had a good month.
I just wish that folksy would have the same facility as the dark side where people can pay with their card and I donā€™t have to have another account. I have enough to cope with in life without having to sort out a stripe accountā€¦never mindā€¦it wasn;t meant to beā€¦
Here is my listing for today
https://folksy.com/items/7097449-aceo-art-purple-floral-painting-ref-F-299-

4 Likes

My item for today is a pretty turqoiuse toned Howlite Gemstone Puffed year keyring for Handbag Charm.

Natalie x

5 Likes

Hi Roz
Have you thought about offering yourself as a tutor for evening classes run by your council?( if they run) They donā€™t pay that much, but itā€™s ok -round about Ā£15 per hour and you donā€™t usually have to be a qualified teacher - but they do sort out lots for you ; venue ,equipment, students.
Some even offer day workshops -they do here. It could be a way of dipping your toe in the water but you may have to wait for a new term /September. I donā€™t know. It depends how keen they are on creating new opportunities for the locals. Itā€™s a bit scary and thereā€™s lots of work but it can be fun with like-minded people and as i keep saying to OH , itā€™s a way of getting people interested in a private class . I hope the January blues leave with Januaryā€¦

5 Likes

Just popped something in to my supplies section, a very pretty Carved Rhyolite Jasper gemstone leaf bead.

https://folksy.com/items/7097474-Beautiful-Carved-Rhyolite-Jasper-Gemstone-Leaf-Pendant-Bead

Natalie x

4 Likes

Iā€™ve just had a couple of days in that London, visiting the fantastic Design Museum.
Sounds like thereā€™s been some fabulous sales here. Brilliant.
This is the first time I have ever taken part in the daily listing challenge, but could we be about to have our first listing challenge baby!!? @lincolnshiremarbledart

5 Likes

Hi everyone, here is my listing for today xx
https://folksy.com/items/7097477-Coin-purse-in-cream-with-pink-and-lilac-spots-wipe-clean-gift-for-her

5 Likes

Woo hooo :clinking_glasses:Is it immminently happening ?@jessicagoulty. Take it easy and look forward to hearing and dare I say seeing the news .

3 Likes
6 Likes

Roz @OrchardFelts Iā€™m sure Iā€™ve seen workshops being sold on here too, wouldnā€™t have a clue of how to organise anything like that though.

Iā€™m struggling with selling online (Iā€™m doing OK on Facebook), it was so easy with my wee jewellery shop but this time round itā€™s hard work. I need to figure out a way to change that though cause my wee house is filling up fast with candles and melts, theyā€™re so addictive to make :laughing:

5 Likes

Good afternoon everyone will have to be a relist today still can hardly move with my back at the moment to do anything new

6 Likes

Itā€™s that time of year again, when I knit some more of this perennial favourite:

6 Likes

Afternoon

Grey, wet and cold here today, not the best start to the weekend. Hope someone is getting sunshine

Nice visit to see son this morning, always cheers me up

Here is my new listing,

Carol xx

5 Likes

Afternoon everyone

6 Likes

@PetraBradleyPrints possibly, youā€™d have to ask someone whoā€™s been on this thread longer than me! 30 weeks today, and slowing up considerably!

6 Likes

good evening yay happy dancing for your visits from the sales fairy :fairy: Valerie and Valerie :).

Shame Brenda, could you not send an invoice, customer doesnā€™t need a paypal account for that and itā€™s very easy to do on Paypal.

Jessica @jessicagoulty and Petra @PetraBradleyPrints, not our first Listing Challenge baby, we have had a few but not for a while so will be lovely to have one again :slight_smile:

7 Likes