Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2019

25 Likes

Thank you @ChrisStoneArtist for the info and glad you like the bowl too :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you all for the welcomes back, lots of lovely items :slight_smile:
I have added this pin cushion today, made from my own fabric design.

23 Likes

Your lovely image isn’t linking Petra @PetraBradleyPrints hopefully this’ll do it :grinning:

20 Likes

Another blanket today. Thanks for your comments on yesterday’s @erkinwald and @TheCornishHare. Love that badger!

23 Likes

Loved/ clicked to here.
Happy birthday @konyskiw. Love the card, ditto @ClaireMortArtist.
Lovely decorations @thedotterypotter.
Awesome artwork @GKWatercolourArt.
Great bag @PetraBradleyPrints.
Like @TheCornishHare, I have dipped my toe into the world of miniature ACEOs for my new listing:

24 Likes

re:list

How can I get any work done when there’s this lot to play with! We made paper-aeroplanes from their french school books, yesterday :joy: soooooooo lovely to have them back :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Their cousin was 3 weeks old yesterday & could be my son 25yrs ago! …his hair also grew straight up exactly like this!:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Good to see you back Claire @Clairemortartist, funny I was just wondering about you yesterday
Welcome Esme @esmedodsworth
Happy birthday Kim @konyskiw :champagne::cake:
Take care Sarah @thedotterypotter

I sleep solidly since I started supplementing Magnesium - not everyone’s solution, but can thoroughly recommend checking out minerals & vitamins! Know it sounds Hocus-Pocus but sleep was an unexpected bonus to another problem I take Mg for!

Loved & pinned…

25 Likes

Ohh thanks for that @thedotterypotter!!

6 Likes

What joyful , lovely photos :heart_eyes: Enjoy :smile:

9 Likes

Good afternoon everyone back to my old habit of late in the day for posting. I had a better night last night but I’m still feeling very tired. It has been like trying to walk through treacle today, everything has been such hard work.

Thank you for all of your suggestions about usernames and shop names. I am going to keep my user name of PollysWares but ask if admin can remove the 138 from the end of the name. I am still compiling a short list of new shop names but the suggestion from Helen @PocketfulCreations of Stiches and Stones is high up on the list.

Today’s new listing is a cute stretch teddy bear bracelet.

18 Likes

That is a brilliant name Helen @PocketfulCreations it has gone to the top of the list so far, thank you. xxx

7 Likes

Thank you Roz I am considering keeping the name PollysWares but without the 138 if they can remove it for me.

8 Likes

Ah, I am glad that there are some more owls on this thread. I can never get to sleep before midnight either. Trouble is, I am married to a lark! We didn’t realise the difference whilst we were working as we both had to get up very early anyway and, being permanently exhausted I had less trouble getting to sleep that bit earlier. We compromise now we are both retired. He’s not allowed to stir before 7.30am and I go to bed at the same time as him but read until mid-night or just after whilst he zonks out.

Thank you @XstitcherJoss. Amanda @bowerbirddesigns I’d probably call them beaded medallions too! I do struggle with names for my jewellery. Jeanie @bluebeezywings, it’s ages since I have seen one of those loo roll covers. I am looking for one of those fabric tube things that you used to be able to buy to stuff spare plastic carriers in. Mine is dropping to bits. With the current requirement to recycle old bags I thought there’d be a resurgence of them, but I can only find one or two and they are not in fabrics I particularly like. They must be considered retro too!
I have a new listing today, a sparkly olive green pendant. We did struggle to get the colours in the photograph right for this one. I have tweaked them a bit more with photo editing and it’s more or less right, but still not perfect. Strange how some colours are so easy to get right and others almost impossible.

24 Likes

Afternoon

A grey, misly, cold day here too, so miserable looking

Welcome Esme @esmedodsworth

Happy birthday Kim @konyskiw

Had a trip to the local garden centre for a mooch. Had some vouchers given to me for my birthday and want to buy a specimen plant, the witch hazel looked gorgeous and very smelly (nice) so at the moment that is as high as a daphne. Will look round other places before I decide.

Here is mine for today, Bath this time.

Happy Friday and hope everyone enjoys their weekends

Carol xx

25 Likes

That’s what I would rather do Kim. If I could go to be around 7/8am I sleep fine but that isn’t an option as I start work at 7:45 in the mornings.

8 Likes

Here is the sales report for 10th January 2019, Thursday. We had 34 people listing on the thread and 5 shops had a visit from the sales fairy. Yesterday we sold 12 items.

The sales were as follows

Jewellery 6
Bags 2
Accessories - beaded 1
Cards 3

The cumulatives so far:

Jewellery 37
Cards 13
Ceramics 11
Bags 10
Knits 7
Accessories textile 3
Accessories beaded 2
Art 1

Total 84

In the Folksy top sellers chart we have Deborah Jones (at No. 1 again), and Jennies Gems

In January 2018 we had sales of 250 - so let’s make this our target to beat once again this month, To reach this target we need roughly 9 sales per day on average.

Twenty six shops have had a least 1 sale so far this month.

21 Likes

Afternoon all
Have made something new :smiley: But not getting as much done as would have liked .
My car being fixed today as apparently it wasn’t safe to drive :grimacing:and there I was tootling around Wales , going to mum’s etc etc . It’s useful having the motor vehicle dept at work .They don’t fix major stuff but brakes are something that is useful to do with the students, so I am lucky to have them do it .
Happy birthday Kim @konyskiw Hope you are having a lovely day.:birthday:
Enjoy the weekend everyone

26 Likes

I completely empathise with all of you that have trouble sleeping, I have no trouble actually getting to sleep, in fact I’m usually nodding off on the sofa by 9.30! :sleeping: It’s staying asleep that I have a problem with! Usually wake up 3/4am and then that’s it!! Have recently given up caffeine which does seem to be helping. That is the second time this week @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker that I have heard magnesium mentioned for helping with sleep.

Wishing Kim @konyskiw a very happy birthday :tada::gift::balloon: Hope you’re having a lovely day x

My listing for today a small fine silver leaf print necklace :smiley: Wishing you all a lovely evening.

26 Likes

Afternoon all,

Happy Birthday Kim @konyskiw :birthday:
Hang in there Sarah @thedotterypotter, we’re all here for you :hugs: xx

I managed to list something new today. Might need to redo the photos at some point as the light is dreadful. I’m beginning to think I should spend the winter months making things and then photograph and list in the spring for the rest of the year. I feel an experiment coming on!
Anyway here it is

27 Likes

Lovely to see you back Sarah and I hope we can help in some way, take care and be kind to yourself :heart: xxx

9 Likes