Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2019

Evening all.

Hugs for you @thedotterypotter :blossom::bouquet::smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Thanks for sharing @NOfkantsCurios I can really empathise with a lot of your words xx

I have a new pendant today. Photos a little dark, but I got round to them late.

All liked and pinned to here xx

25 Likes

Finally got around to today’s listing

24 Likes

Late night catch up. Clicked/liked to here.
Adore Randolph Rabbit @TheCornishHare.
Lovely beach hut card @cathscards.
Beautiful throw @AliDufty.
Adorable cow painting @konyskiw.
Beautiful pendant @SarahDesignsUK.

16 Likes

3am post again

22 Likes

Good morning Folksy folk, slept til 4.35am, an extra hour, amazing! I see you definitely pipped me at the post this morning @Knittingtopia! A relist from me this morning, might list something new when I find the energy to make it.

24 Likes

Thankyou Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn xxx

5 Likes

Thanks for the tip @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker, I’m a great believer in minerals, vitamins and herbs, so I’ll give it a go, I must admit I did start talking this ages ago and found it helps with stress, but just got out of the habit, like you do, too much going on etc. Thankyou for the reminder! X
Quite agree @NOfkantsCurios, I can’t go out alone, had a social phobia since childhood and get very depressed, but chatting anonymously on here to such lovely people makes such a difference!
Sarah @thedotterypotter, yes I get thoughts spinning round my head too, I’m starting Talking Therapy on Thursday 17th, took ages to get the appointment, but anything’s worth a try, will let you know how it goes.
In the meantime, for all my fellow mental health and sleep deprivation sufferers, I was recommended a book from Amazon called CALM by Dr Arlene K Unger, it’s only £5.99 and p&p free. I’ve found it brilliant so far!
Love to all, have a good weekend xxx

17 Likes

Morning all, I’m an early bird today, loved and clicked to here. Thanks for sharing Natalie @NOfkantsCurios, I think many people, me included, can empathise with Sarah and understand just how difficult life can be. We all have our stories and many of us have had challenges in life, that can cause us issues, physical and mental, so Sarah @thedotterypotter you are definitely not alone, I’m glad the folksy family is helping you, and any others that need it right now! I also really think all the wonderful creative work that we do is incredibly helpful for our physical and mental wellbeing

Hope you didn’t eat all the birthday cake Kim @konyskiw, OMG it looked good … nom nom nom! Love your highland coo

Cute little fairy door Sarah @SarahDesignsUK

Thanks for the rabbit love @ChrisStoneArtist (does that sound rude??) Hahahaha

I’m becoming addicted to painting these mini ACEOs here is today’s listing which I painted last night … Errol Elephant!

26 Likes

Oh - love Errol Elephant, Karen @TheCornishHare. I have a little collection of ACEO’s by various Folksy sellers, might have to add to it soon but sadly funds are a little short right now :slight_smile:

My Dad bought his MacBook yesterday, (I expect I will be called for help soon), and then I had to take my Stepmother food shopping which took an age. Finally got home exhausted and fell asleep watching TV - I was watching on catchup and kept nodding off, must have rewound the episode at least 3 times before admitting defeat and going to bed. Will have to watch it later. Sent off another job application yesterday and found another couple of jobs that I could apply for - I’ll get there eventually.

Sarah @thedotterypotter - sending hugs. Its amazing how valuable virtual friends can be.

Not sure what today holds - have been out with the dog and returned to my bed to read for a bit - not like me at all!

Another little tomte for you

22 Likes

Good morning.
Hope you are finding things are getting a bit easier Sarah @thedotterypotter. I can empathise with you and Natalie @NOfkantsCurios. There was a time in my younger days when I just took every day as it came and dealt with everything with ease. But I’m finding as I get older my confidence is diminishing and I worry about anything and everything and get myself into a state of panic. It’s been difficult over the last 2 months dealing with my son’s distress at losing his beloved dog and he has now found out that a very very dear friend of his in America has just passed away.
Loving all your ACEO’s Karen @TheCornishHare. That little tomte is so, so cute Roz @OrchardFelts.
A new lap blanket from me
https://folksy.com/items/7226578-Crochet-Lap-Blanket-Autumn-Colours

26 Likes

New in to day aqua/blue loo roll cosy,for the smallest room

21 Likes

i do love this one!!!

7 Likes

today I have another poncho (can you tell I love ponchos?)
https://folksy.com/items/7225809-Ladies-crochet-poncho-ref-f639-DSCF0006
very interesting to read people’s stories and I agree that this is like a family. I am lucky that I never get depressed , but I know that being on here has helped me get through the loss of my husband. It can be quite scary to have a sudden change of lifestyle and to have to manage things that have always been done for you. I am amazed at what some of you are having to deal with. I think , in my dream world, everyone is happy and everything is perfect…here;s hoping that 2019 will bring us happiness AND sales…(lol) x

29 Likes

Awwhh - thanks Roz, I loved painting him, I did a safari on my 50th birthday, and out of all the animals I saw, I think there is something special about elephants, I am trying to do a series of 26 different animals, so watch this space ………. x

15 Likes

Today’s listing is the only patchwork quilt that I have for sale! Because the theme for the day is patchwork quilts, i suspect most of you will already have liked it though

I’m in total agreement with everyone on this thread, we can share our highs and lows, and someone will be kind enough to help us along the way. I find it’s quite isolating working alone and love the company on here. Unlike you Lynn @erkinwald I was painfully shy when I was younger, and that’s got much better as I’ve aged, I still avoid some social situations though!
I’m struggling making a new bag for myself at the moment. It’s taking forever for a start, and then I started sewing it up wrong last night, I left it hoping I’d feel better about it this morning, but I don’t…

23 Likes

Loved/ clicked/ pinned to here.
I must add to the accolades for Karen @TheCornishHare’s Errol Elephant. He is splendid.
Lovely gnome @OrchardFelts.
Beautiful vase @junemccabe.
Fantastic blanket @erkinwald.
Another ACEO today.

21 Likes

Wow Sue @SueTrevor that quilt is beautiful.

As another anxiety sufferer, I too find this thread a very soothing place in which to immerse myself. I find my crafting has much the same soothing effect too.

I’ve got the house to myself today as hubby is out all day at the Autosport show at the NEC with our son. I therefore plan a day of blissful crafting. I’ve still got nothing completed and, even if I manage it today, the light is so poor I doubt I’ll be able to take photos.

Here’s today’s relist.

https://folksy.com/items/7087568-Cosmetic-bag-make-up-bag-in-cream-with-pink-and-yellow-floral-print

14 Likes

Thanks @konyskiw Kim it does look like gerbera centre! That cake looks yummy! Hope you had a great day!!

7 Likes

Errol the elephant is so cute Karen @TheCornishHare and June @junemccabe, I note I loved that little blue vase last time - and I still do. @bluebeezywings your toilet roll covers took me back. When I was about eight I used to help a blind lady by cutting out disks of foam rubber with pinking shears for her to shape into the skirts of crinoline ladies. I can still feel the blisters on my thumb from those shears too!

Another relist today.

https://folksy.com/items/7190318-Shawl-entitled-The-Old-Woman-who-Swallowed-a-Fly-

20 Likes

Thank you Helen, and enjoy your day, a whole day to yourself :grin::grin::grin: wow

6 Likes