Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2019

I’ve got the opposite problem Carol @knittingtopia - lots of new listings written but no photos to go with them!

My sister finally persuaded me to go to the gym today - she’s been trying for ages but I just didnt really feel up to it - not sure I really felt up to it today but I went and I ran and I feel much better for it (if a little tired and achy). Now got to face the horrible weather and take my dog out for his evening walk … really not looking forward to that one.

Loving all the goodies and congrats on all the sales - my shop has gone into hibernation, not unexpected - nothing much happens for me at this time of year but I can still hope :slight_smile:

16 Likes

Good evening Folksy folk, hope everyone had a good weekend. Another relist, can’t seem to get into anything lately, never mind, new week starts tomorrow! xxx
https://folksy.com/items/7156697-Turquoise-MUM-Heart-Mothers-Day-Gift-Mum-Birthday-Home-Decor-Vintage-Style-

20 Likes

Your little penguin in a doughnut is sooooooo cute lily @LilyLilyHandmade xx

My listing today is another set of tiles…I still haven’t managed to fire anything new yet. Been making but not got anything finished.

23 Likes

Phew! That was a mammoth session. Serves me right for taking all day to list.
Lovely colours in today posts @Beadseedz @NOfkantsCurios @PollysWares138 @SueTrevor
All loved and pinned to here.

10 Likes

Evening all, yay happy dancing for your sales Jeanie and Ali :slight_smile: :dancer:

OMG I remember those challenges, I still love to paint and do have some ACEO in my other shop, hardly have the time anymore though to paint, spotted your PIF (Pay it Forward) Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery I remember doing that too :joy: and the weekly Folksy Friday Blogs, ah back in the day when I only had 1 shop and worked 4 days a week lol! Sales on here have slowed right down but still busy over the way so that’s kept me busy this weekend :slight_smile:

14 Likes

@thedotterypotter ha ha…now THERE is an idea…lol
as for those biscuits at school…I would have eaten them…ha ha

8 Likes

A sale to report please Max @MaxPringJewellery to another daily lister :grin: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :yellow_heart: :grin:

11 Likes

All loved and tweeted to here, phew! That’ll teach me to watch Outlander this morning in bed instead of listing!
Those ACEO’s are really lovely Sarah @thedotterypotter, do some more! Love yours too Chris @ChrisStoneArtist, @teabreaks and @TheCornishHare! I’ve never done one, but do paint now and then, you’re all really tempting me to have a go, we’ll end up with a whole thread of them, that’s a thought, or is there already one? Can anyone tell me if they have to be a particular size?
Welcome @fingerprickinggood, this is a lovely group!x
Love those earrings @HannahBanksJewellery!
Thanks for liking the vase Joss @XStitcherJoss xx
When I picked up my iPad this evening to do my listing, I didn’t feel like doing anything, now, having read all the posts and seen all the beautiful work, I really feel motivated again! Thanks so much x
Have a great week everyone! Xx

15 Likes

Hello,
I’ve been quite uninspired lately and so haven’t been listing anything new. I’ve been keeping up with loving all your lovely posts though. Sorry to hear a few of you are struggling, it’s a difficult time of year, I hope you all start feeling better soon.
I do have a new make but I had to order some new cord ends to finish off a necklace, then while I was tidying I found a brand new pack of just the ones I was after! That will teach me to be untidy :roll_eyes:

Just a relist from me today

24 Likes

Love the ice-cream van Chris @ChrisStoneArtist. Making me feel very nostalgic!
I know what you mean Brenda @teabreaks about wanting to do as you are told! I was in a bit of a quandary - a very good local customer of mine visited a Big Cat reserve, I thin it was in Kent. She then asked me to do 4 bracelets to symbolise 4 of the big cats she saw, tiger, white tiger, cheetah and lynx. No way I was going to get it done before christmas, so have sat on it for quite a while, and done it in what I felt was my own time. Ultimately she did phrase it as a ‘challenge’ which usually spurs me into action! Fortunately she wants them for her birthday next month. I finally finished them last night. I do wish people would just buy what’s already there!

Had a productive day - trying to get the house a bit tidy, paper work put away and sort out all the donations we’ve had for our WI Table-top sale on Saturday.

New earrings too

21 Likes

Sue @BeadstormJewellery …before Christmas a customer bought 3 of my crochet cot bags and got in touch to ask me to make 3 more. I said that I don’t take orders but would put 3 in my shop and if she wanted them, she could buy them…(as I said I hate orders and commitment). I told her 2 weeks ago they were there…and they are STILL there.
This always happens and I only did them because I know they will eventually sell but as is always the way…people often ask for things and are never seen again. I know she has seen them because she acknowledged the email I sent her…I don’t mind but it acknowledges my thoughts on orders…
I get torn between whether or not I should crochet or paint…one week I am going to crochet and never paint again…the next I will paint and never crochet again…oh the joys of enjoying different crafts…don’t even ask me about needlefelting, card making, salt dough etc…here are some of the needlfelted animals I did a few years ago…

25 Likes

Yep…you can bet your bottom dollar…
To be fair, this lady is a great customer, regularly shows up when I do fairs, and must have almost as many of my bracelets as I have in stock!!

Love the animals by the way

8 Likes

It’d be lovely to have a little glimpse at the bracelets you made :smile: ( you don’t have to!) quite a tough order I think :thinking:

7 Likes

Me too, I love @ChrisStoneArtist your ice cream van. What a brilliant feeling it was when one of those started jingling in the distance!

Just started a new clutch of lavenders this weekend.

21 Likes

Thank you @thedotterypotter and @carolinefrodsham :blush:

6 Likes

Hello. Here are my listing for today and yesterday. I’ve got a bit of catching up to do, so will try to do it over the next couple of days xx

18 Likes

Evening all!

Still sorting school stuff out for tomorrow (in an effort to get out of the door earlier :see_no_evil::joy:) so a quick listing from me!

@teabreaks @BeadstormJewellery I have a lovely/hate relationship with commissions to be honest, I understand how you both feel!

@thedotterypotter @DeborahJonesJewellery I’ve never done any ACEOs but always wanted to. Yours look amazing x

Fab ice cream van @ChrisStoneArtist :blush:

Lovely necklace @Brockstones :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Liked and pinned all to here xx

21 Likes

I think the themes of the day are a bit like a challenge now… try pick one every month that you can paint something new for. Then there’s still plenty of choice and you get rewarded by being on the front page.

10 Likes

I’ve got a valentine’s/love card for today with squirrels:

21 Likes

Good morning. Yet another sleepless night. But who needs sleep anyway :woman_shrugging:

20 Likes