Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2019

Good morning yay happy dancing for your sale Martin :man_dancing: :slight_smile:

Sorry you are stillnot sleeping Carol @Knittingtopia hope you get chance for a nap today :sleeping_bed:

23 Likes

Good morning Folksy folk, thought Iā€™d list my butter dish today as they are made to order, if wanted for Motherā€™s Day. Just started some more, which I will vary slightly, love doing these!
Hi Carol, fancy seeing you here at this time of the morning! Iā€™ve been hanging around since 3.15am, but then Iā€™ve always thought sleep was a waste of time, huh! who needs it indeed! xxx
https://folksy.com/items/7221123-Made-To-Order-Dragonflies-and-Flowers-Butter-Dish-Can-Be-Personalised-

22 Likes

So glad someone else is like me and never really knows which craft to do. Every week Iā€™m never doing pottery ever again and papercrafting or painting or crocheting instead, and as for commissions, I donā€™t mind if itā€™s something Iā€™ve done lots of, but as Sue @BeadstormJewellery said, why canā€™t people just buy whatā€™s there? And why does it always have to be something awkward or time consuming? I wish I had the sense to just say NO! :tired_face::tired_face::tired_face:

15 Likes

Good morning

Love the butter dish June @junemccabe.
Lovely little needle felts Brenda @teabreaks
Oh dear Karen @TheCornishHare - looks like Errol has some competition, Iā€™m a bit in love with Gilbert too!
I know what you mean about commissions Brenda @teabreaks, it is the reason I stopped doing pet portraits - it was way too stressful. I always take payment up front but its hard to convince yourself they will like what you make. I think thats why I prefer selling at craft fairs or in the gallery - at least there they have seen what they are buying.

Had a pretty lazy weekend but did manage to get a few job applications done. I read that on average it takes 27 applications to get 1 interview - as I have already had one interview it could take another 53 applications before I get another!!

Heres my listing for today the final tomte, (for now) - last new item to share until I manage to take some more photos.

23 Likes

Happy Monday everyone!! Thanks for all the ACEO love from so many people, really love seeing everyone elseā€™s too (both new and old ones @DeborahJonesJewellery and @thedotterypotter). Sarah, just looked at your Facebook page, crikey you have a lot of followers ā€¦ Iā€™m slowly building a following, but itā€™s not easyā€¦ whatā€™s the secret!!

Roz, @OrchardFelts glad you love Errol and Gilbert, I have Zebedee Zebra just listed now!!

Iā€™m off on holiday tomorrowā€¦ yippee! Keeping my shop open and will try and list a few times and keep up with this thread as much as I can. Taking my paintbrushes with me in case I get some spare time to paint! So if Iā€™m a bit quieter than normal, Iā€™m asleep in the sun hopefully!!

25 Likes

Good morning.
Hope you have a lovely holiday Karen @TheCornishHare, I just adore Zebedee and Gilbert.
Super butter dish June @junemccabe, Those felted animals are so lovely Brenda @teabreaks
A relist from me today, as Iā€™ve been a bit off colour over the weekend and still not feeling right.
https://folksy.com/items/7227174-Beanie-Hat-Adults-Chunky-Knit

22 Likes

Good morning everyone :slight_smile: Monday already Iā€™m not sure how that happened :wink: I have no new listings so its a re-list of a chunky kiddies hat today. Hope everyone has a lovely day with lots of sales :slight_smile: xxx

22 Likes

Thanks Lynn! Hope you feel better soon x

4 Likes

morning allā€¦today it is crochetā€¦lolā€¦
https://folksy.com/items/7224292-crochet-baby-cardigan-ref-F-640-

20 Likes

Morning all.

Have a great holiday Karen @TheCornishHare love your zebra

@thedotterypotter I still have my mountain ACEO, it was the first one I did.
@junemccabe ACEOS have to be 2.5ā€ x 3.5ā€ standard collectors card size

24 Likes

Long legged Muffin, listed to day,
She is called Curly, with the long blonde hair

18 Likes

I so agree!!!

5 Likes

Thanks Deborah! x

4 Likes

Your zebra is amazing xx.
Umm, Iā€™m not sure how I got so many followers on Facebook. I guess I have had the page for quite a long timeā€¦ I try to post once a day ( not so much at the moment) to keep the reach up and I have done giveaways which have generated new likers now and again. People seem to like videos or to see work in progress. X

9 Likes

Another baby vest:

Thatā€™s a really cute penguin @LilyLilyHandmade, and I love the crochet baby blanket, Cat @BabanCat. (My father-in-law used to make gorgeous crochet blankets and shawls!).
June @junemccabe I wish I still had a mother to give your Mum heart to. (She died two years ago at the age of 95.)

18 Likes

Woops - have to go! The dentist callsā€¦ Iā€™ll come back to finish loving, pinning etc.!

7 Likes

A cushion cover today. Iā€™ll need to take these photos again. The light hasnā€™t been good lately.

Good luck @XStitcherJoss. Hope itā€™s nothing nasty. I should go too but Iā€™m putting it off. I need to have two crowns done.

19 Likes

I wake up in the morning, ideas in my head,
Thoughts of things that I could make , while I lie in my bed.
Should I paint a landscape or mountains by the sea,
So while I make my mind up, Iā€™ll make a cup of tea.
Thereā€™s lots of lovely yarns, and things that I could make,
Iā€™ll have another cup of tea, perhaps a slice of cake.
Should I do some crochet or make some cards instead?
Make a pretty hat to fit a babyā€™s head?
Should I use the chunky yarn or yarn that is much thinner?
Iā€™ll make the right decision as soon as Iā€™ve had dinner !
Itā€™s too dark here for painting, to paint in blue and red,
Is that the time already?..Oh dear, itā€™s time for bed !

26 Likes

Iā€™m not sure I should be in this threadā€¦is this group for people who list everyday??? if so whoops wrong thread for meā€¦I only list around once per weekā€¦I did pop by yesterday and put a new bear on, but will be a few days before my next project is finished, can I put one kn from last week?? :grinning::slight_smile:

9 Likes

@teabreaks Thatā€™s just about sums up my life Brenda!

8 Likes