Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2019

Morning All AS I was not here yesterday this is my listing for yesterday, its a relist.

Will be back a bit later to read all of the news and to click, view and love all of the listings I have missed and to update you all on my news. xxx

20 Likes

All loved to here

7 Likes

Morning Everyone :slight_smile: Isn’t it mild today?

my listing today is another Easter egg:

20 Likes

Good morning all - it’s very chilly here in Kent and threatening rain. My item for today is a green Aventurine necklace

20 Likes

Afternoon All well I am all caught up to here. There were 140 posts to look at my hand is all clicked out.

Things that I can remember are:

@MaxPringJewellery well done on the brilliant mark for your first assignment, onwards and upwards now.
love the butter dish @junemccabe, the strap earrings @DeborahJonesJewellery the little penguin and polar bear @LilyLilyHandmade the bear @Bearlescent

That poem was great @teabreaks

I have taken the plunge and have amended my username which is now just PollysWares, my shop name is now Stitches and Stones thank you Helen @PocketfulCreations. I have also updated my banner and shop icon. They are very unrelated to either jewellery or knitting but I didn’t know what to use. I am now thinking of merging my two facebook pages into one. Has anyone else done this and were there any problems or things to look out for?

I added a couple of knitted items yesterday and will add some more today. They are just in one collection at the moment but will separate them out when there are more listed.

Is it acceptable for me to list one jewellery item and one knitted item each day when I list them? I will do that for today but if it is not OK then I won’t in the future.

Here are a bracelet and a knitted baby grow.

23 Likes

Morning…oops no afternoon, just having my lunch so thought I had better pop by whilst I have a few mins to spare, busy with an embroidered pincushion today but thought I would share another bear with you, this is Miss Ivy, 11.5 tall mohair bear

https://folksy.com/items/7169012-Dressed-Artist-Bear-Miss-Ivy-One-of-a-kind-collectable-11-mohair-teddy-bear

19 Likes

Here is the sales report for 14th January 2019, Monday. We had 43 people listing on the thread and 5 shops had a visit from the sales fairy. Yesterday we sold 6 items.

The sales were as follows

Caeramics 2
Cards 2
Jewellery 1
Art 1

The cumulatives so far:

Jewellery 39
Bags 18
Cards 18
Ceramics 15
Knits 8
Accessories textile 3
Accessories beaded 2
Accessories fabric 1
Art 2
Misc 2

Total 108

In the Folksy top sellers chart we have Deborah Jones holding her place at No. 1.

In January 2018 we had sales of 250 - so let’s make this our target to beat once again this month, To reach this target we need roughly 9 sales per day on average.

Thirty three shops have had a least 1 sale so far this month

21 Likes

Another new felted bowl / desk tidy today … ‘Eternal’ ( with Mother of Pearl buttons ) …

21 Likes

Pauline, you must be psychic as I haven’t added my Strap earrings to the thread yet :astonished:
Good luck with your new shop.
Remember to update the shop link on the forum too, to your new shop.

Edit just realised you probably meant the hoop ones from Sunday x

7 Likes

I have spotted Mr fox in your shop, he’s gorgeous. Did you say you had made two sizes? Is this one the bigger or smaller of the two?

6 Likes

Afternoon all

23 Likes

Afternoon folks

21 Likes

All caught up to here.

6 Likes

Hi Everyone. Tuesday is my busy day - French class in the morning. I am only at the elementary stage @ChrisStoneArtist. I think you probably know more than me, even if you say you only speak a little! I was a complete dunce at it at school but am enjoying it much more (and therefore doing a bit better) second time around. Anyway - just time for a relist and then I am hoping tomorrow to list the pendant to go with yesterday’s bracelet. Some earrings for a change and I am being a bit cheeky and putting two up as they are quite simple designs. Both in blue …

22 Likes

all caught up to here x

5 Likes

Hope everyone’s having a lovely Tuesday, my favourite day of week as I have my mosaic class in the morning which I absolutely love :heart: Have just caught up with all your lovely listings, Love these Sharon @OhhhWhatAYarn So colourful. Great story @AppleQueenJewellery I probably would have recognised her but wouldn’t have known where from!!! Debby @Bearlescent I think your Teddy’s are just gorgeous and @LilyLilyHandmade your miniature food is amazing.

Here’s my listing for today, enjoy the rest of your afternoon and evening :smiley:

23 Likes

Good Afternoon Everyone
Bearlescent Another winner
Dottery Pottery lovely
Max Pring Jewellery well done Max
Have a lovely afternoon everyone and take care.
Best Wishes Adrian

21 Likes

I actually quite enjoy commissions, as long as it fits my normal style (and it’s just once in a while… they get annoying when it’s all commissions and I don’t have time for my own ideas). They’ve given me some good ideas for my normal work, and I like the little extra personalisations that people ask for on pet portraits (like “can I have a plate of sausages with a half eaten finger on it” :laughing: ) as it gives me chance to paint things I’d never have thought of and probably wouldn’t put on a standard stock painting.

I did once get a commission from a friend that took 94 hours though. I soon grew to hate doing that… but he paid me over a year so I painted it over a year, the little bit at a time method made it easier to cope with, and I ended up with a piece of work I’m proud of (although not quite my normal style).

16 Likes

Ha ! Thanks again for your interest Deborah . Have just finished photographing / listing Mrs Fox !!! she is 1/2" diameter smaller than Mr !! :slight_smile:
Direct link … https://folksy.com/items/7227752-FELTED-FUSSPOT-bowl-Desk-tidy-Fox-OOAK-Jemima-ready-to-ship-

14 Likes

Those are the ones Deborah they are lovely.

Whereabouts on the forum do I update it? Sorry being very thick today.

6 Likes