Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JANUARY 2019

Well done on the assignment result Max @MaxPringJewellery.

Enjoy your holiday @thatenamelguy and @XStitcherJoss.

Pauline @PollysWares138 I’m so glad you decided to go with my name suggestion - I’m quite excited about it! I really hope it’s successful for you.

Well the light was terrible when I got back from the day job early this afternoon, so I still haven’t been able to photograph my new items. I’ll show you some more WIP rather than another relist. I’m struggling for tomorrow now as well as I have a physio appointment in the afternoon so may not have time to take photos at all.

23 Likes

Evening all!

I meant to post yesterday, but fell asleep :joy:

A keyring restock from me!

Congrats on your marks @MaxPringJewellery

Liked and pinned to here xx

24 Likes

Hi all,

Just a relist from me today…

And Max @MaxPringJewellery can you please add another sale to the tally for me. I seem to have forgotten to log one of my sales.

Many thanks,

Jeanie x

24 Likes

Thank you, much appreciated…love your shop

7 Likes

@Peta I had three collectors on the auction site who bought every aceo that I listed (hence the 3000 sales. I decided to give up on ebay in December because it was hard work with people wanting combined shipping, delayed postings etc…and getting on a bit now, I know my daughter would never be able to clear up any mess that I left behind. Folksy is so much easier as she could just put my shop in holiday mode…so YES I have many returning collectors…(who say it is an obsession to collect them)

16 Likes

I can’t paint for toffee, but I have embroidered yarn on felt aceo’s.

Natalie x

24 Likes

In my shop on the other selling site (I haven’t been on Folksy long) I had a couple of basic listings for commissions. Basically “get your pet painted in this style, with this sort of background, on this size canvas for £however much”, with examples of ones I’d done before. I thought seeing it with a price might help people who are a bit nervous about asking (and as long as I set the size and amount of detail I could set a price beforehand)… and I got views/likes of those listings, it obviously helped people know I do commissions, but no one actually seemed to buy through the listing, they’d just send me messages asking for things instead. Because of that I stopped renewing the custom listings last year, but I haven’t had an enquiry since (very unusual I had no commissions over Christmas).

I thought I’d just put the little “commissions welcome” note in my announcement for Folksy and hope that works, but now you’ve made me think about it, it might be worth making some custom listings again once I’ve run out of things to list! I haven’t had many sales here yet either (especially not of my art) so I need something to get the sales going.

12 Likes

That could be a good plan :smile:. You won’t lose anything by giving it a go .

7 Likes

I think I will wait another few months and see if Folksy gets off the ground before I introduce commissions, if it doesn’t then it may be something to consider. I have photos of every bear I have made so it won’t be a problem displaying option ideas but although I take commissions I never really enjoy making them so try not to advertise the fact too much.
I joined Folksy in August and I am enjoying the whole package but struggling a little to sell, I have some new ideas for this year for some smaller/more affordable makes so hopefully that will help. Good luck with your shop and let me know if you advertise commissions again and I will pop by for a look. Love your pictures by the way x

13 Likes

Yes, probably best to give chance to the things you enjoy first, and if all stays quiet for too long, then start thinking about the not so fun options.

I’ve got a little spider for today

23 Likes

Good morning yay happy dancing for sales June, Caroline, Alison, Esme and Jeanie :slight_smile: :dancing_women:

Pauline @PollysWares138 when my shop name changed I just had to completely log off the forum and the back in from the updated shop and it changed itself, good luck with your knits :slight_smile: I don’t see any problems at all with you showing 1 of each

23 Likes

Good morning.
A fairly productive day yesterday - I have decided that I’m really not feeling it as far as scarves and needle felting is concerned so yesterday I made up various pieces of flat felt that I can sew up into things such as card wallets, purses, needle books etc so be prepared!
My daughter has now got 3 days a week volunteering at Longleat indefinitely so at least that will keep her occupied until she finds another job or until the park opens again. She has decided to write herself a daily schedule which involves getting up at 6am and going to bed at 10pm - she’s managed 2 days so far! It does include walking the dog first thing and late afternoon so I’m not complaining!
Enjoy your holidays Karen @TheCornishHare, Joss @XStitcherJoss and Francis @thatenamelguy. Linda @wildrosedesigns, how exciting - we went for a cruise to Norway a few years ago, the scenery was amazing. Its a very expensive place but we just made sure we topped up on drinks and food before leaving the ship so actually spent very little!
Love that dish David @PerchanceDesign
Very tempted by your tumbled gemstones @esmedodsworth - not sure what I would use them for but they look lovely!
Your bears are adorable Debby @Bearlescent
Pretty cards Max @MaxPringJewellery

Todays listing is this scarf. I have lots of small ends of wool fibres in various different colours and shades so decided to blend some of it together to make this scarf. Really struggling with photos at the moment and I always find red impossible to photograph but its the best I could do!

24 Likes

Oh and I nearly forgot … a small sale for me this morning to add to the tally please Max @MaxPringJewellery

13 Likes

Morning all from sunny Lanzarote! Managed to get a signal so loved and clicked to here!

Here is a new listing from me … love the colour and shape of these pearls

24 Likes

This one is for the owl lovers out there

20 Likes

Good morning all. Dark and damp here today. Oh! for some warm sunny weather…
Gorgeous scarf Roz @OrchardFelts. Congratulations to all those with sales.
A baby blanket from me today
https://folksy.com/items/7228023-Crochet-Baby-Blanket-Multi-Coloured-Stripes

23 Likes

good morning all…waiting for the man from the newspaper to come and take pics of my garage door and then I will be back to catch up with everything
today’s listing is another baby cardigan.
https://folksy.com/items/7224376-crochet-baby-cardigan-ref-f-643-

24 Likes

Budgie lovers may be interested in this new listing…

19 Likes

Good morning everyone :slight_smile: I have another new listing for a made to order mug hug/cosy.
Oo I am so jealous of all those on their hols at the moment as I have just seen we are due snow tomorrow :cold_face:
Love your embroidered ACEO Natalie @NOfkantsCurios
Your bears are adorable Debby @Bearlescent
We have so many multi talented folks on this thread its fantastic :slight_smile:
Have a lovely day everyone :slight_smile: xxx

19 Likes

I should be photoshooting new card today but I’m off to hangout with this li’l young’un instead (1 month old tomorrow), he’s looking incredibly reminiscent of his dad as a baby, in this pic! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Loved & pinned to here…

27 Likes