Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread January 2021

Just reading and sharing,

Good luck at the hospital today Carol @Knittingtopia, I know what you mean, the more anxious you get, it can go massive, pretty baby cardigan b t w

@OrchardFelts Roz, I’m sorry to hear about your MIL. Poor lady, and she has covid now from going to hospital. That is unfair.
I know what you mean @NOfkantsCurios Natalie - my parents in law won’t tell us anything what is wrong with them btw. And you know what sons are like - no one asks them either! The fact that my father in law was one of the first to get a covid vaccine (but not mum in law) means there is something not quite right. My brother in law (Dino’s brother) has leukemia - and has been trialling a miracle drug the last 3 mths - it’s going very well! He hasn’t even been asked for the vaccine, he is 58 with leukemia.

Carole @Caroleecrafts I’m sorry to hear about your brother in law - it is such a worry. And your poor sister. But her son is helping now xx

16 Likes

Hi Lin, @MoMoonstoneCottage, just to say yes I don’t mind if you copy my shop link to your phone and thank you for offering to do this.

Don’t worry about the loss of your other business, as clients will remember you and when the situation improves and it will, they will be back in touch. A friend of mine is a wedding photographer and has had a year like yours. They’ve decided to take this year off with a view to a change in direction, but they have been doing this for thirty years so you could say they are ready for a change anyway!!

17 Likes

@beaniehats that is so cute!! your cats do look very cute & are excellent models! Mo won’t pose now. He hates his photograph being taken & he doesn’t like it when we are on our mobiles either!
I think Mo may have been bottle fed - he was the smallest out of 8. He was so tiny at 14 weeks (not even sure if he was 14 weeks). He is still very babyish now. Plays with my hair, he likes pulling pony tails! sucks fingers, always wants a cuddle and still does "paddy paws, the needing thing. And yes - he is very demanding - it’s always about MO!

15 Likes

all faved and pinned to here x

10 Likes

Hi @alisandrejewellery, yes of course - I will do on my travels around FB! no problem at all.

Thank you for the helpful words - I never would have expected a dead business from March - it will be nearly 1 year! And t b h I am expecting 2021 to be pretty dreadful too as I don’t think this virus is going to disappear. I am trying to forget about it by doing exercise and this hobby.
By the time Business resumes - I may not want it either!! We are all learning to live differently x

14 Likes

Well Lin @MoMoonstoneCottage, you have a great attitude and by the sounds of things you are doing all the right things to get you through this!! My wedding photographer friend feels the same as you do about this year hence the year out. As the saying goes, “as one door closes, another one opens”.

Hello everyone on this very soggy afternoon!! Here’s today’s listing:-

28 Likes

Hi @alisandrejewellery, does your friend have a plan B?
Dino is a commercial Advertising photographer (won’t do weddings - bridezillas, babies etc). I think he was hoping to wind down into retirement.

Me - I don’t know what to do!
I am just waiting.

whoops - your pendant is lovely b t w - very unique

16 Likes

Thank you for your concern, looks like I have osteoarthritis in my fingers, bloods today, Xrays on Monday and I’m at war with BT atm! But compared to some of your relatives and friends, that’s nothing. Just some days…

27 Likes

I thought they were something you had bought! In that case they are even more stunning!

13 Likes

Crisis schooling has done me in today. The light has gone and it’s just too dark to take photos even with all my lights so its a re-list today.

Dark shimmer flower earrings (1)

27 Likes

Hi @MoMoonstoneCottage, one idea he had was to teach photography instead, particularly portrait photography. The other idea was to quit photography all together and do something completely different, but as to what that will be he doesn’t know yet.

You will think of something, just give yourself some time!!

Thanks for the compliment😊!! I do get a bit carried away sometimes so some designs end up looking a bit far out!! Still I love it and it’s one way I let off steam!!

16 Likes

Another day another pair of fingerless gloves from me!

27 Likes

With Spring just around the corner ??? … Lightweight , supersoft cotton / wool / acrylic blend scarf ‘Lichen’ from me today …

24 Likes

Hi all - have loved and pinned to hear

Such a grey and rainy day here in Essex - fir the first time in 25 years or more our garden has flooded, despite the drainage we have in the garden. And there is more rain to come.

Here’s my new listing today - have sold a couple of these in other colours elsewhere
2021-01-05 18.01.21-2

25 Likes

I found I couldn’t click on your lovely scarf, @AliDufty. In case that’s the case for everyone, here is a link: COTTON blend scarf. Soft , lightweight , all-se… - Folksy

18 Likes

And while I’m here, I just made a sale! (The first since the end of November!) Max @MaxPringJewellery

21 Likes

I know what you mean Lin about no rhyme or reason with the covid vaccinations. We have an acquaintance who is 59 with COPD and has been given the vaccine, but my husband who is 80 with COPD, diabetes and heart problems has not even had a letter yet, then having said that he has not had any letter regarding the pandemic from either the Government or the NHS right from the very beginning. There is very little I can do to find out if a letter has been sent but not received or he has just been missed out, contacting our GP surgery receives a very curt reply that we must wait for a letter. I can feel a throwing toys out of the pram sessions coming on.
Moan over… :smiley:

17 Likes

well done Jocelyn x

15 Likes

A bit late again
A very wet trip to the mobile post office today. The dog wasn’t impressed either
Sheep cushion covers today

Valerie x
25 Likes

My contribution to the cat chat :grinning:

28 Likes