Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - JULY 2019

Morning everyone only a relist today
Hope you feel better soon Sarah @SarahDesignsUK
Welcome to the thread Robyn @RobynCoetzee

9 Likes

Sorry to hear youā€™re not well Sarah @SarahDesignsUK. Hope you feel better soon.

Welcome to the thread Robyn @RobynCoetzee

A brief visit from me as Iā€™m watching the cricket world cup final (Come on England!!) Iā€™ll have a dilemma shortly though when the British Grand Prix starts! Why do these things have to all happen at the same time?! Itā€™s a good Iā€™m not much of a tennis fan or itā€™d be even worse.

Another new one from me. Just to warn you, Iā€™ll very much have a beach theme going on for a while.

https://folksy.com/items/7294944-Beach-huts-make-up-bag-with-three-beach-huts-in-pastel-coloursCOSB075%20Beach%20huts%20make%20up%20bag

11 Likes

My listing today is in conjunction with todayā€™s Bastille Day / French theme ā€¦

A5 altered notebook / journal 'Papillon Bleu ā€™ ā€¦

Hope everyoneā€™s having a lovely weekend . :slight_smile:
Sending Get well soon ā€™ wishes Sarah @SarahDesignsUK :slight_smile:
Welcome Robyn @RobynCoetzee :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Valerie @valerie I use a free photo collage app on my iPad, there are loads out there, mine is very boring called PhotoCollage lol!

My item for today a lovely lavender toned Agate gemstone keyring or handbag charm.

Natalie x

13 Likes

Aw thatā€™s fantastic, glad they got to you safely! :two_hearts:

7 Likes

Thank you so much for your kind words

5 Likes

Thanks, still getting to grips with understanding this chat forumā€¦

5 Likes

I remember finding the forums so overwhelming Robyn @RobynCoetzee, when I first joined, that I didnā€™t use them again for ages (they were a lot busier then!) but now, I just set the categories to ā€œallā€ and ā€œlatestā€ - so you see all the news from all categories with all the newest posts first. It saves having to look through each category.

4 Likes
11 Likes

Good afternoon everyone, happy dancing for yur sale Sarah :slight_smile: :dancer: and there were 3 for me too whoop!

Hope you are feeling better today Sarah @SarahDesignsUK
welcome to the thready Robyn @RobynCoetzee, I wish I didnā€™t live quite so far away would love to attend your workshop Iā€™m dying to try glass fusing :slight_smile:

sorry I got sidetracked this morning finishing the tiny button head children pictures for daughter (teacher gifts) and have had 7 bangle orders between here and over the way so got busy at the bench, just finished taking pics of new makes ready for next weeks listings but I need to edit first so itā€™s a re-list for today

11 Likes

Quick stop for me as still watching the tennis! All caught up though.

10 Likes

hope you feel better soon x

4 Likes

Hi all, just a relist from me today. Donā€™t know where the time goes but hopefully some new bits for next week x

11 Likes

Here is one of my favourite Birthday badges to make!

11 Likes

This is lovely, really my kind of thing. I love Autumn decorations.

7 Likes

Trying to get on top of listing things I made a while ago.

14 Likes

Evening everyone :slight_smile:

Mr DP was really lucky and won first prize in the raffle at the fair today - Ā£200! We are going to get some fencing for the bottom of the garden with it!

My listing today is another little folk art bird:

18 Likes

Lucky dayā€¦well done :tada::+1:

All todayā€™s items pinned :+1::+1:

6 Likes

Helen @PocketfulCreations. Another gorgeous iem. xxx

6 Likes

Completely missed the weekend again so just catching up now. I was busy doing a last minute card design, helping clear away Artweek and then finally had a night out (I was trying to be sensible during my busy months). Unfortunately I didnā€™t sell the main pieces Iā€™d entered to the exhibition, but I think I sold a few smaller bits on the market, just need to count up how much.

@thedotterypotter That overpricing thing is one reason I donā€™t want to switch to free shipping, I donā€™t want people to pay more than they have to, and if I have US shipping included in my prices then it means UK customers will be massively overcharged. I really hate that theyā€™re trying to force free shipping on us, but itā€™s not compulsory, just a big disadvantage if you donā€™t offer it, so for now Iā€™m going to leave mine as they are and see how it affects my sales. I donā€™t get loads there but at the moment itā€™s still more than here. Iā€™d rather sell here, so if I can get more sales here and my sales die there I wonā€™t mind too much and I can close there, but if here is still just the odd card sale and I get no sales there I might have to consider switching to free shipping. If I did it I would increase my item costs there to cover US postage and keeps my costs here the same. Then I would try to think of it (and promote it) as UK/European customers use here (where itā€™s cheaper for them), and international use there. Hopefully the price difference would encourage people to shop with me here instead.

@Caroleecrafts The listing from the other day is beautiful! I love black lace.

@valerie I definitely go through periods of getting disheartened, wondering if my style just isnā€™t what people want and if I should just give up and get a normal jobā€¦ I havenā€™t given in to it yet though. Luckily a sale will eventually come to push the negative thoughts away. Donā€™t give up, your fabric selections are great and your items all look really well made. Iā€™m sure itā€™s just a quiet time and the sales will pick up again soon (summer is usually a quiet time for me).

@ClaireMortArtist If Iā€™m really picky with clothes and will generally pay attention to colour first. If I saw a listing of a white t-shirt I probably wouldnā€™t click on it because I never wear whiteā€¦ unless it was really obvious other colours were available from what little we see in search. So Iā€™d either go for separate listings, or variations but make sure the main photo shows the colour selection somehow.

Finally got to the end of catching up and Iā€™ve just got a relist for today, but Iā€™ll try get some new listings done this week.

12 Likes