Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - June 2017

Got round to that new listing at last

2 Likes

good afternoon, 
today I have a miniature aceo watercolour painting
https://folksy.com/items/7018594-aceo-watercolour-painting-miniature-art-ref-116-

1 Like

Hi everyone

A lot cooler here today, and is looking thundery :cloud_with_lightning::cloud_with_lightning_and_rain:

Thanks max @paperchainsandbeads for your kind words X

Roz @OrchardFelts so sorry to here of your sad news about your much loved dog, it’s an awful decision we had to make it about 15 yrs ago still not replaced him . Hope you are all doing ok xx

Enjoy your hols sue @BeadstormJewellery xx

Here’s mine today
https://folksy.com/items/6867225-Greeting-Card-Teacher-Printed-Appliqu-Design-Handfinished-Can-Be-Personalised

Steph xx

3 Likes

Afternoon all

Back after a business trip to Bristol over the week - and what a weekend, I have wilted - nay near collapsed - in the heat. Thank goodness the client had air conditioning and that I nudged Keith into getting the air con in the car re-charged :sweat_smile: Tried to get on a favourite pair of sandals today and couldn’t get my feet in them. Just taken delivery of 3 new pairs and can’t squeeze my porky little trotters into any of them. Think I may be expanding in the heat - will try the shoes on later when it’s a little cooler :grinning:

Roz @OrchardFelts - so glad you were able to spend a special last day with your lovely dog.

Congrats on the all the sale Sarah @thedotterypotter - they are well deserved. I have to say I was aware of your lovely items well before you joined this thread because you often appeared on my front page. I assumed you were mega-successful and I’d have thought that being so prominent you’d have got lots of business - yet you say it’s been a difficult year until now. Goodness knows what the magic trick to making lots of sales on here is - I can’t work it out, but long may it continue for you :+1:

Can I report 2 sales please Max @paperchainsandbeads - I finally got in contact with my buyer. Really please because she bought 3 of my favourite pieces and I’m so glad they’ve gone to a good home. Only 6 short of my 100th sale now - hope I make it before I close.

Re-list today - supplies. They’re 2 packs of haematite cabs - 22 in total - goodness knows what I’ll do with them if no one buys them before I shut up shop :thinking:

Afternoon

Hot and humid here today too, forecast thunderstorms tomorrow - GREAT!!! :frowning:

Well done on sales especially @thedotterypotter

My visitors left yesterday so getting everything done, bedding washed etc

Nothing new at the mo, sorry

But I have loved to here :smile:

Carol xx

4 Likes

Good morning yay happy dancing for sales Sarah and Karen :). Set to be the hottest day here today, been on or around 30 degrees last few days, I’m melting! it was very hot last night in class blow torches and hot wweather do not mix well lol!

2 Likes

It cooled down here yesterday, but it’s going to be another warm scorcher again today. It’s amazing how much I achieved in the much more agreeable weather!
Today’s listing

4 Likes

Morning - still scorchio here again today!

Just listing buttons in my shop at the moment as I am supposed to have my buttons featured in Simply Knitting magazine out on Friday and I’m trying to stock up!

5 Likes

Still hot and muggy here so will be spending much of the day indoors. Got lots to do but the weather saps my energy and enthusiasm so not sure how much I will get done.

Amazingly I have something new listed! I made these primarily to take to norfolk but might as well list them here as well until I go.

2 Likes

Hello again peeps. It seems it is the last day of the heatwave
 who knows

2 Likes

And today the rain has come - well, the garden needs it.

Another sale to report Maxine @paperchainsandbeads

And another new listing today

4 Likes

Morning everyone!
We’ve had thunder and lightening storms at five this morning,I was praying there wasn’t going to be a power cut, as I was mid scone making
lol!

Here’s mine today,

Steph X
4 Likes

Today I am putting on my Vintage Modern painting, Paris Scene

Stay cool, drink plenty, its another hot day here in the UK

Sue x

https://folksy.com/items/7018886-Paris-Vintage-Modern-Painting-Horse-Carriage-Street-Scene-Eiffel-Tower-

2 Likes

We are expecting thunder storms later, I live in the midlands, ooooh me no like them !!!

I love your cards Stephen

Sue x stay cool, drink plenty

3 Likes

Phew - my hair hates this heat (It’s naturally curly but I straighten it most of the time) - just had some men round to replace 4 windows and when they had gone, I realised that my fringe had rolled itself under like a pudding bowl haircut from the 70’s!! Embarassing!

5 Likes

I know the feeling Sarah @thedotterypotter. Mine goes triangular - like, for those who remember the character, Crystal Tips - and the fringe flicks out to the side like kiss curls. All very attractive :wink:

3 Likes

Haha - yes, that’s what mine goes like - if it;s too short, it’s Shirley Temple, if it’s a bob, it’s Crystal Tips or Long distance Clara from Pigeon street! I feel your pain!

2 Likes

My husband says I have exploding hair - no shampoo, styling product or piece of electrical equipment solves it. It’s the same in the damp - at least I can wear a hat in the winter - see pic :joy:

1 Like

That’s what it’s like - I start off the day with dead straight, flat hair and give it an hour in humidity or rain and I look like the hair Bear bunch! The only straighteners that have ever worked are my GHD’s but now I’m going grey too (much coarser) it’s even more difficult to get it straight!

I’ve tried embracing my curls, but it’s just so big - it makes me so hot! I sometimes wear it curly in Winter or if I’m going to wear my hair up every day!

1 Like

Tried leaving mine curly, trouble is it’s not curly everywhere - some bits are curls, some waves and a very prominent bit at the front stays persistently straight - and not straightening it makes it look dry and coarse, particularly the grey bits.

I tried having it cut into a really short (at the back) bob but there was one strand of curl that just wouldn’t stay flat no matter what I did - I could see it waving at me from round the corner, sticking out at a 45 degree angle. I try and keep it at a length that I can tie up now - doesn’t stop the kiss curl fringe through and I can’t grow that out because I have a big forehead :joy:

1 Like