Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MARCH 2018

Afternoon folks :slight_smile: yay happy dancing for your sales Deborah :dancer:

We have daughter and granddaughter over for tea tonight fish n chippes, healthier over baked version though :wink:

I won the British Crafters competition yesterday a free promotion day next week super chuffed as I hardly ever win anything!

19 Likes

Congratulations Max.

Something for the gents from me todayā€¦

Jeanie x

3 Likes

Hi folks . Well I woke up with the infection having ā€˜movedā€™ into my cheek too! Horrified ! looked like Hammy Hamster :scream: Completely off my game ;worrying all day about the dentist. Just got back and have antibiotics for the week and the promise of root canal treatment if it reoccurs.:unamused:
Have been working on techniques to colour copper blues and greens , which has been exciting, so I am presenting my first pair of earrings made from the treated copper :slightly_smiling_face: Any feedback gratefully received . I hope to have a few more coming .
Well done Max @paperchainsandbeads on winning the British Crafters competition :tada::tada: You deserve it ,especially after the disappointment with the classes .It did seem like a money making exercise for them -cheeky. I am sure your regulars appreciate all have done with them . Maybe you could do a private group with a few ? If you have a space somewhere.Something will come up for you , though goodness knows how you fit it all in :grinning:
Happy weekend everyone.

14 Likes

Well done Max! XxxxxX

2 Likes

Snap! thatā€™s what Iā€™m having for tea tonight not because of the presence of any little people but just because thatā€™s what I want.
(and congrats on the win)

3 Likes

Love the pastel picture Sue. Thats what I use they can be very difficult but I like straight forward drawing with them. When I catch up with myself I would love to use watercoloursā€¦Very curious about Japenese watercolours?!

1 Like

Congrats Max hope it brings in lots of sales. @paperchainsandbeads

Caroline @carolinefrodsham I hope the antibiotics kick in fast. Love the patina on your earrings! Look forward to seeing more.

Was hoping to go and see the new Lara Croft tonight, but daughter has wussed out, claiming to be too tired after a week at school, hopefully tomorrow now.

4 Likes

Thanks Deborah :slightly_smiling_face: Hope my cheek looks more normal pronto :grimacing:

1 Like

Max @paperchainsandbeads congratulations about the completion.

This is mine today

2 Likes

Evening all :crazy_face:

Aww, well done @paperchainsandbeads

Aww I really feel for you @carolinefrodsham feel better soon x loving the earrings. My o/h purchased me some of your earrings for motherā€™s day and they are so beautiful. I got two comments on them from customers today :slight_smile:

Another heart from me :purple_heart:

Liked and pinned to here! X

8 Likes

Thanks Sarah :slightly_smiling_face: Glad you like the earrings even though I was completely unaware of that!!

Hehe! Iā€™d pinned them to my ā€˜I like thisā€™ board and he must have taken the hint, haha!

7 Likes

Hope you and your face feel better soon Caroline @carolinefrodsham. Love the earings by the way - great effect on them.
Congratulations on the win Max @paperchainsandbeads. Hope it brings you lots of interest and sales

I have 2 fairs this weekend - tomorrowā€™s is only an afternoon one, Sunday is all day. Not feeling particularly well prepared for them but hopefully Iā€™ll remmber to take everything thatā€™s essential!

New earrings to share today

4 Likes

A long day of waiting around. Left early and got to the hospital with plenty of time to spare only to be told that my Dads name wasnā€™t on the list! Fortunately they still saw him although a little later than anticipated. The appointment was about an hour and then we had a long hour and a half wait for his blood to be taken and then the long drive back home, eventually getting home about 4pm. On the plus side we had a lovely drive through the New Forest and saw lots of ponies out and about, one stubbornly standing in the middle of the road with no desire to move on quickly! We also stopped off at a sweet little cafe for a delicious soup and rolls for lunch. Was too tired to do much when I got back and think I will head off for an early night soon.

Sorry to hear about the classes Max @paperchainsandbeads, I am hoping to start running a few workshops later in the year. Not sure what I have let myself in for! And congrats on the win.

Hope the tooth gets sorted soon Caroline @carolinefrodsham - a hamster is on the list of animals to make sometime - maybe you could do some modelling for me!

Good luck with the fairs Sue @BeadstormJewellery - I have got one next weekend. Not really expecting much from it but it will give me a chance to reassess my stock!

Sleep well.

5 Likes

Megan @SoSewMegan strange, I am remaking 3 buttons that apparently got lost in the post! What is it about handmade buttons?
Max @paperchainsandbeads congratulations Iā€™m convinced youā€™ll make lots of money next week :grin:
Caroline @carolinefrodsham I hope those antibiotics work quickly, those earrings are lovely
Susan @bramleycards thank you! I think pastels could be nice, but they are hard work! Iā€™ll show you my Japanese watercolours when they arrive. I think there more opaque than normal ones, but I have gone for metallic and pearlescent ones. Donā€™t know if thatā€™s how you spell it!
I have just got back from London, 4 hours on the motorway, never again on a Friday nightā€¦ usually takes 2 hours, Iā€™m achingā€¦

7 Likes

Good Evening everyone :slight_smile:

Congrats on your Win Max @paperchainsandbeads - I hope your promotion brings you lots of lovely sales :slight_smile:

Poor you Caroline @carolinefrodsham - Iā€™m so scared of the dentist! Hope the antibiotics kick in really soon. I am LOVING your new earrings xx

Just popping on with some robins! Will go back and share the love today x

2 sales please Max @paperchainsandbeads - one to a lovely fellow daily lister - Thank You :slight_smile: Iā€™m going to post on Monday just in case we get the little Brother of The Beast from the East - donā€™t want any parcels caught up in that!

7 Likes

Evening everyone,

Just a relist today. I tried to do some sewing today, many years ago I decided I wanted to make a quilt, I cut out hundreds of squares and rectangles and then did nothing. I got them out today and tried to put it together. So I broke the needle on the machine, found some new ones and changed it, then the machine broke so I fixed it. Then I had to get new needles so went out for some. When I got back I discovered what I had sewn was wrong and had to unpick it. I managed to finish 3 squares in the end. I think I should just stick to beads :joy:

12 Likes

Just a relist from me today
https://folksy.com/items/7062761-Butterfly-Pendant

4 Likes

faved to here x

1 Like

Good morning yay happy dancing for your sales Sarah :dancer:

Busy weekend again! got a workshop this morning and then commissions to work on this afternoon one book and 2 brooches :slight_smile: I feel like doing some painting this weekend too so hopefully I can get my brushes out tomorrow :slight_smile:

Love those earrings Caroline @carolinefrodsham great effect.

re-list today, I really need to have a sort out and move some stuff around I have things ending over the way and things on here that could do with a refresh so I may just need a photo session tomorrow as well :thinking:

5 Likes