11 Likes

Good Evening everyone :slight_smile:

Lovely new print Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker - love the colour x

Your apple is amazing Sue @SueTrevor x

Beautiful photos of Eloise @jessicagoulty - she is growing up so fast! x

1 sale to add to the tally please Max @MaxPringJewellery

My listing today:

10 Likes

I’m busy cutting fordite for a commission so its a relist I’m afraid (but the commission is made out of the same material as these)

12 Likes

faved to here x

1 Like

Evening all,

Had a lovely day out up the coast at Warkworth with the dogs today. Lovely and sunny, with a nice sea breeze. Dogs had a great time running along the beach, swimming in the sea and snaffling bits of our picnic lunch. :roll_eyes:
Lovely pics of Eloise @jessicagoulty. The butterfly dress is lovely.
I have a new husband anniversary card today. The equivalent wife card will be seen in the coming days!

Alison x

9 Likes

Loved and pinned to here.

2 Likes

Evening everyone. All loved and pinned to here. All of your photos look fabulous and I feel I need to improve on mine. Could I ask what you all use camera wise and if you use any photoshop packages or any top tips? I switch between my samsung phone and finepix camera and use snapseed to edit. Any help greatfully appreciated.

3 Likes

I really struggle with photos but I’ve tried really hard recently. I used to use my Canon camera but I’ve recently discovered I actually get much better results using my i-Phone. I use a combination of the photo editing on my phone and Snapseed if I need to change the white balance. I really didn’t like the photo I took of my owl bag today but I took another one later and the colour was completely different - much better, so I’ve now swapped it. The only difference was that the sun had moved round a bit and changed the way the light was coming in through the north facing window! Just goes to show you never have complete control.

5 Likes

Love your new card Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker and adore your hanging apple @SueTrevor Beautiful earrings as ever Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery those matt rubies are gorgeous. Will try and repeat my eroded earrings ; we’ll see :sweat_smile: I think I did the wrong chemical mix aswell as leaving them too long… when i say chemicals it’s only vinegar and ammonia :laughing: Will experiment as love it anyway ; so exciting to see what comes out! Then it changes again left in the air.
Welcome back Sharon @HandBoundBookCo . Look forward to seeing your work once again

10 Likes

I hate taking photos. I have a DSLR camera which i take most of my photos but to be honest, I do just as well with my Samsung Galaxy A3. I have a relist today of my gorgoue pale natural Lily cloche hat. I took its photo using an astronomically expensive lens borrowed from my son’s uni television production course thinking it might do the trick. Personally, I think it looks as good as the ones taken on my phone which goes to prove, you can be a terrible photographer even with the most expensive kit

https://folksy.com/items/7089010-Beige-cloche-hat

10 Likes

Evening all

Here’s today’s listing

6 Likes

A bit late today. A cardigan to fit 3-9 months

6 Likes

I use my OH’s DSLR on a tripod with a cable release (I know I can’t hand hold the camera and get sharp photos) but its not about the camera you use but about the strategic application of diffusers and reflectors to get the lighting right and having a set up you are happy with and know how to use.

4 Likes

Evening all,

Some more flower studs from me today: https://folksy.com/items/7136274-Golden-Glows-Flower-Stud-Earrings

Rachel @Verchielbeadsandjewellery My photos are very hit and miss! I’ve tried and tried and tried to get good photos, occasionally I get lucky, but all of them involve lots of moving things around and trying to get a good light. I take my photos using my iPhone which I find tends to give me better results than my fancy camera!

Jayne x

9 Likes

As a (no longer practicing) chemist you had too much ammonia in the mix (that’s what dissolves the copper causing the nibbled edges unless you are adding peroxide into the mix). Not that I know that from when they were making me redundant last time and we killed time in the lab by throwing bits of metal in whatever solutions took our fancy (loosely based on recipes from some victorian book I found online and what ever we has in the stores) I mean that’s not how chemists entertain themselves when no one is looking honest :wink:

11 Likes

I’m sure chemists would never behave in the way that was suggested Sasha @SashaGarrett!

Managing a re-list before I fall asleep - all caught up to here

8 Likes

Sounds like my kind of fun :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks Sasha . I think I must’ve done the ratio of vinegar to ammonia the wrong way round in my haste to get things done and rush out the door . Will try again ( with wrong ratio) making sure I don’t leave it in there till it’s completely disappeared :flushed:

7 Likes

Hi,
Here is a pretty wrist key ring that I have listed this evening x

6 Likes

Good morning, yay happy dancing for your sale Sarah :dancer:

Oooh goody it’s Friday, despite it being only a 4 day week it feels like it’s been a long one! and we have our snr management team away day today, I get the feeling it’s going to be a long day :frowning: !!

more wire shapes today

and a re-list

8 Likes

Claire your link goes to Ali’s shop - here’s the right link

9 Likes