Folksy Ltd

Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MAY 2018

(Sarah Bell) #462

Evening all!
Busy day for me at my ‘day’ job. Everything aches!
Here is a new dragon listing from me!

Lovely fordite @SashaGarrett :slight_smile:

@Verchielbeadsandjewellery I’m using a dslr camera (nikon 3400? I think), with the light balance adjusted and I take pics in my conservatory. the camera on my ipad isn’t very good. I edit and resize in photoshop :slight_smile:

Love your stones and hedgehog @OrchardFelts Middle boy wants a go at felting, so may be supervising that this weekend :open_mouth:

Wow Sue, that apple! @SueTrevor :open_mouth:

I love your new card @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker :slight_smile:

Liked and pinned to here! x

(Cariad Crafts) #463

Evening

Been outside all day today, it was a good way to stay warm how can it be so chilly after that weekend!!! Still it did stay dry.

Lawn mowed, edged and hoed. Two troughs planted up and garage cleaned and tidied. Just had my reward, a lovely hot bubble bath B L I S S

Enjoy your weekends, sounds like some really deserve one.

Carol xx

(Sasha Garrett) #464

Yup highly reflective surfaces are the bane of jewellery photography. If its not glare then its reflections argh! (and then you have to try and capture things like labradorescence or fire in opals which show up better with direct light double argh!) A couple of tips for getting rid of reflections - try moving the camera round so you are shooting at a slight angle as this often moves the reflection to the edge of the piece so its less obvious. Or get a large piece of matt white card and cut a tiny hole in it just big enough for the lens of the camera then shoot through the hole - most of the reflection will now be the (less distracting) card rather than the camera + hand holding it. I normally just play around with the placement of my diffuser relative to the light source and the camera and end up with something with out too much reflection on it (thats the other joy of having the camera on the tripod - I can set that up facing the jewellery and then have a hand free to move the diffuser around whilst keeping an eye on the view finder until reflections/ glare disappear).

( Valerie Dockerty) #465

Evening everyone a bit later today been at my mums waiting for a sofa to be delivered should have been between 7 and 11 this morning but did not turn up until 5.30 this evening
Rachel @Verchielbeadsandjewellery i use Picasa 3 to edit my photos and find it quite easy to use

(Brenda Cumming) #466

I use a fuji finepix and just crop and sharpen using my laptop.

(Sasha Garrett) #467

So far today I’ve cycled into town and back, cycled to the gym, had a work out, done an hour of yoga and cycled back, gone to the council compost pile, shoveled it into the back of an estate car and then distributed it round the allotment by wheel barrow (because cars aren’t allowed on site) so please tell me its time for a sit down (possibly in a hot bath) as my thighs are knackered. I am anticipating some tasty veg in a few months time though (cauliflowers, runner beans and new zealand yams are just starting to poke through and the first of the broad beans are setting).
So a relist (as I blatantly haven’t done any work today)

(the earrings in the photo were to mark someone passing their phd - its normally that or initials but I did once make a pair of cufflinks celebrating a lab fire!)

(Helen Healey) #468

Sue @BeadstormJewellery, I hope it goes well at the pamper evening.
Max @MaxPringJewellery, enjoy your relaxing evening and wine. I too have a nice glass of red on the go at the moment.
Sasha @SashaGarrett, you definitely deserve a lovely rest after that day!
I was hoping to list something new today but had yet another late finish at the day job. I have managed to finish a number of items since I got home but haven’t had time to take photographs so I’m going with a relist (hopefully my last relist for a while now that I’ve got some new stuff to show).

https://folksy.com/items/7118592-Beach-huts-toiletry-bag-wash-bag-in-pale-blue-with-panel-featuring-beach-huts

(Helen Healey) #469

Loved and pinned to here.

(Rachael H.) #470

Have loved all up to here. Have to rush out to pick daughter up from Octopush (underwater hockey: no, I don’t see the appeal, my idea of a nighmare!)

Here’s a re-list
IMG_3505

(BeadifulByJill) #471

Evening all,

Had a really ridiculously busy day at work today, I’m so tired, but now I have to sort out my kits for jewellery maker. I don’t think I’ll be getting much sleep this weekend. Anyway here’s a relist

(Rachael H.) #472

Gorgeous bracelet Jill!

(Zoe Fowler) #473

My new listing for today

(Patricia Smith) #474

At last I ‘ve managed a new listing! We’ve been out a lot this week and have many things to think about! Have nearly caught up and will be back to finish off after The Bridge…

(RosesFeltWorkshop) #475

Making little things for craft fair at the weekend, but not the greatest photo.

(Homegrownhats) #476

A relist I’m afraid until I get back into the workshop and get going on some black linen fabric Ive just found! It’s the Open Artist Houses this weekend in Brighton so I suspect it will be a lovely weekend looking at fabulous and beautiful things, eating cake in their lovely gardens and generally having a good ‘look see’ at other peoples houses. I can’t wait! https://folksy.com/items/7089671-Navy-blue-cloche-hat

(Jayne) #477

Evening all

Dashing in with todays listing: https://folksy.com/items/7135480-Cream-Glass-Pearl-Coin-Earrings

Jayne x

(Sasha Garrett) #478

Here in Cambridge we do our Open Studios in July, this includes me along with 100 ish others ‘in town’ and then a couple hundred more in the towns/ villages ‘out of town’, its all 4 weekends to give people a chance to get round them all. There will be a direct train from Brighton to Cambridge by then so no excuses…

(Claire Mead) #479

Hi, here is my new listing tonight xx
https://folksy.com/items/7136716-Coin-purse-in-cream-with-pink-flowers

(Claire Mead) #480

wow, these are all so amazing. Love them all xx

(Max Pring) #481

Good morning, happy dancing for me, yay whoop whoop! :dancer:

Today I shall be mostly experimenting, I have an idea I want to try out but it’s going to be messy :wink: I’ll post pics later on (if it works lol!)