Folksy Ltd

Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MAY 2018

(Ali Dufty) #502

Some elegant gift tags from me today …

(Thedotterypotter) #503

Good Afternoon everyone :slight_smile:

My listing today is:

(Rachael H.) #504

Hi, Can I ask for some advice please. If a customer doesn’t receive their items, how long should you wait before refunding or replacing the items? Royal Mail won’t accept a claim until 10 working days after posting, so would you wait that long before refunding the customer?

(Thedotterypotter) #505

If it was an urgent order, I would just replace the item straight away and then make the claim with Royal Mail after 10 days but if there was no rush, I would ask the customer to double check at the sorting office in case it’s been taken back there without a card being left.
If no luck at that point, I would refund or replace.

(carolinefrodsham) #506

Afternoon all . Can’t resist making everything go blue-green! (may have to rephotograph these … )
Still trying to repeat the eroded earrings but no luck as yet; even after going extreme with the ammonia … :disappointed_relieved: (literally eye watering)
Hope you are all having a good weekend . Well done on selling the gorgeous earrings too Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery :tada::tada:

(Sasha Garrett) #507

How are you cleaning the metal (are you cleaning it this time round when you possibly forgot last time when you were in a hurry?) and are you replicating the same temperature conditions as you had last time? Reaction will be much quicker on a hot day compared to current conditions.

(Valerie Farrell) #508

4 sales to report please Max @MaxPringJewellery
Thanks
Valerie x

(Max Pring) #509

Good afternoon yay happy dancing for sales Brenda and Deborah, also 2 for me whoopee! :dancer:

well done on gettin ginto the fair Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery, that will be fab just before Christmas and I’m not surprised your gorgeous earrings sold so quickly, they were lovely :slight_smile:

Enjoy your last day Roz @OrchardFelts

Enjoy your babysitting Natalie @NOfkantsCurios and I hope they behave today as well for you :wink:

Good luck with fairs everyone doing them

Rachael @AppleQueenJewellery, I have always just replaced straight away, so far only 1 every tuned up, I have had maybe 4-5 items lost or damaged and have claimed with RM, yu do need to jump through hoops though, proof of posting, copies of receipts for supplies etc. hope it turns up for you.

Been working on commissions all day, an earring repair, a ring and some cufflinks, never made cufflinks before but a friend at work came across some unusual blue slate out walking with her hubby and asked me to set in resin for their anniversary next month, waiting for the resin to set now so I’ll post pics tomorrow. I did also try out my experiment. Copper, Silver and Brass etched (they were really fiddly shapes as they only measured 3mm in height!) then alcohol ink, some glitter and resin to seal. They need cleaning up but I’m pleased with the result even if I am covered in ink!

(Max Pring) #510

yay happy dancing for you valerie :slight_smile: :dancing_women:

( Valerie Dockerty) #511

Evening everyone
Well done Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery

(Helen Healey) #512

Hope the fair goes well Martin @MartinShackletonCeramics.
Congrats at being accepted for your fair Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery, it’s always a relief to get a place at a fair that you know you tend to do well at.
Enjoy the last day of your hols Roz @OrchardFelts.

I’ve managed to get all the purses I finished yesterday photographed now, so I should be ok for new listings for a while. Here is the first one.

https://folksy.com/items/7137011-Small-purse-coin-purse-in-red-William-Morris-Strawberry-Thief-fabric

All loved and pinned to here.

(Rachael H.) #513

Thanks Sarah and Maxine @MaxPringJewellery. The customer emailed a couple of hours later and said the parcel had turned up! I’m so relieved. It was still 2 days after RM said it would be there, so not particularly efficient.

(Rachael H.) #514

Hello, all loved to here.
Had a nice morning, my daughter and I played in the annual concert of our local music workshop group. We both play saxophone in an “orchestra”. It was really nice to play in front of an audience, if a bit daunting!

Lovely purse Helen @PocketfulCreations
Your experiments look great Maxine @MaxPringJewellery

I’ve re-listed quite a few things in the past couple of days, so I’ll be showing some of these until I get photos of the new makes.
IMG_3503

(carolinefrodsham) #515

That’s a point, maybe I didn’t clean it that time . Will try that and put in a warm place :slightly_smiling_face: Thanks Sasha

(Sue Mellem) #516

Great news about the fair Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery
Glad your daughter has got her last placement sorted out Sue @SueTrevor

I managed a bit more in the garden before the clouds gathered and the heavens opened. Will have to wait another day now…

Some new earrings today

(carolinefrodsham) #517

Amazingly clear photo and lovely purse :slightly_smiling_face: I love William Morris… well his designs anyway.

(EllyRowbothamPrintmaker) #518

Thank You Sarah @sarahdesignsuk
Glad I’m not photo shooting Stones, Sasha! @SashaGarrett
Congrats on getting into your Fair, Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery

Flying in & out, we have family for the next few days
Will try a list tomorrow
Loved & pinned to here :slightly_smiling_face:

(Sarah Bell) #519

Evening folks!

About to sit and start burning. Curry in the oven waiting for o/h to get back in from work.

Aww it’s nothing interesting really @HeidiMeier I work in a well know soap and cosmetics shop, but it’s pretty none stop, I’ve worked there for 13 years. The silly thing is I find the talking and customer service so exhausting, as I’m not particularly a people person. :joy: I can be someone else for my shift, and it is a nice break from being mummy constantly.

Wow @SashaGarrett you’ve been busy! Hope you aren’t feeling the affects too much!

Well done on your fair @DeborahJonesJewellery

Love those purses @PocketfulCreations and @kernowclaire :open_mouth:

Hope babysitting goes well @NOfkantsCurios x

A new one from me!

Liked and pinned to here :blush:

(Brenda Cumming) #520

all loved to here x

(Jayne) #521

Evening all,

I’m hoping these earrings will encourage the sunshine back! https://folksy.com/items/7136707-Shades-of-Yellow-Beaded-Diamond-Shaped-Earrings

All caught up to here,

Jayne x