Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MAY 2018

Good morning yay happy dancing for sales Sue, Sarah, Brenda and Natalie :dancer: :slight_smile:

Hope your carpet is sorted soon Alison @FluffStuffCrafts, very disappointing for you.

Have a wonderful holiday Valerie @valerie

Sounds like you had a good day Sue @BeadstormJewellery

Allotment is looking great Sasha @SashaGarrett, I used to love going down the allotment with my Dad when I was younger, I only grow runner beans, blueberries and strawberries in my garden now, I have a fig tree but itā€™s still small and not fruited yet, though there are some buds on it this year so maybeā€¦

10 Likes

Good morning everyone, a quick relist today, a quilted and embroidered reader or gadget pouch.

Natalie x

8 Likes

Morning all,
Sasha, @SashaGarrett your allotment looks amazing, I struggle with bind weed in my garden, my son said the only way to get rid of it was to take everything out and dig it all out and leave it for a couple of years. But I canā€™t do that, so many of my plants have been given to me, I donā€™t want to loose them.
Have a good week in Malaga Valerie @valerie you must go to the alcazaba. We went in January, itā€™s very peaceful. There is a botanical garden in Malaga too, but maybe youā€™re going to sit on the beach all day?
Alison @FluffStuffCrafts oh no, Iā€™m sure it will be worth the wait when your carpet is finally fitted,
My listing today

10 Likes

good morning allā€¦another beautiful day here in South Walesā€¦
Today I have another mini aceo painting
https://folksy.com/items/7137919-aceo-art-painting-seascape-ref-F398-

7 Likes

Wow! Fantastic fiery colours Martin @MartinShackletonCeramics
Love your orchard project Sasha @sashagarret. It looks an amazing job!
Oooh, sunburn! nastyā€¦ Sarah @sarahDesignsUK. Do you have an Aloe Vera plant?

A Lovely sale to add to the Tally for me please Max @MaxPringJewellery

Still caught up with family - as gorgeous as they are, itā€™s is time consuming - I have a new block on the go but not able to pay as much attention to it as Iā€™d like & can only look in here in snatched momentsā€¦:grinning:

so hereā€™s my re:list

Beautiful sunny day :sunny:
Loved & pinned to here

11 Likes

Good morning - beautifully bright and sunny this morning. Discovered I had put on 6lbs over the last week (too much good food and wine) so started this morning with a long dog walk followed by a 6.6km run (well it was a run 3mins/walk 2mins) - hard work but now feeling ready to face the day :slight_smile:

Enjoy your holiday Valerie @valerie

Heres my listing for today

10 Likes

Thanks for your suggestions Sue. Not sure how far from Malaga we are staying in Cals del Mijas. I prefer to see things rather than just lying on a beach.
Valerie

6 Likes

Morning all,
Another of my miniscule ceramic vases today, in purple glazes, which are notoriously bad colours to capture on photos, but it looks fine on my monitor. Also taking photos of pots this size are difficultā€¦ Iā€™ve resorted to a better camera.
Roz, @OrchardFelts that must have been a good holiday :rofl:
Todayā€™s listing

I think I need some tips from the jewellers on here as to how to take better close ups. There tiny pots fly out at fairs, but I donā€™t think Iā€™ve sold one here because I canā€™t get them totally in focus!

11 Likes

I feel your pain Martin @MartinShackletonCeramics with photographing deep purple glazes, so often they just end up looking black! Yours has come out really well. Are you using a macro setting to take close-ups?

Iā€™m really suffering with hayfever today - my left eye hasnā€™t stopped streaming since I woke up. I had to pop into Tesco and I was hoping no-one would ask me if I was Ok as it really looks like I am crying! I wasnā€™t even sure that I had hayfever until I moved to this house surrounded by trees! (The signs were all there though looking back, it takes me a long time to click on with things, lol!

My listing today is a Mr & Mr Wedding heart (Iā€™ve been making these for quite a few years but this one has been hanging around for a while)

10 Likes

Yes, Iā€™m using macro settings Sarah, it just seems to have focused on the back of the rim, but itā€™s quite good for me I suppose! Perhaps I need to manually change the iso setting!

1 Like

After two days awol finally caught up with all the favsā€¦ good to catch up with the news too - @SashaGarrett, your allotment looks fab and I can empathise with the aches that would have caused. Iā€™ve just started ot get my own garden bck in shape after two years of building related neglect and five or so years of having children neglect!! @SueTrevor - I also have a bed covered now in ground elder, just as bad as bindweed I think. Iā€™ve been really naughty and ignored it for two years but this week is going to be the week it finally gets weeded!!

Hereā€™s a couple to catch up over the last couple of days and I will be back later with todayā€™s listing :slight_smile:

Oh and two sales over last couple of days @MaxPringJewellery.

https://folksy.com/items/7135255-Red-Poppy-textile-artwork-unframed-embroidery-flower-floral-poppies-art

8 Likes

Faved and promoted to here
Here is one of my latest listings

8 Likes

Sounds like you need to increase your depth of field by changing (increasing) your f stop however doing this will increase your exposure times so you might replace a shallow depth of field with hand shake blur. The iso setting is the sensitivity to light so is more relevant to low light (eg shooting inside churches or at twilight) or high speed photography (motor racing or fast moving animals when you donā€™t want motion blur). (Can you tell I spent 3 days invigilating in photography rooms reading every poster on the wall?) Not sure what effect increasing both your f stop and your iso rating will do.
(although sticking the flower in it seems to have solved the problem looking at your 3rd photo as it has forced the camera to focus at the front)

11 Likes

Hi everyone! Iā€™m wading through my accounts today - not my most favourite job in the world, but only Feb and March to go the Iā€™m done:) Heres my listing for today - another pin that doubles up for sarongs and also wedding corsages. Back later to catch up.

https://folksy.com/items/7138005-Beaded-Flower-Brooch-Sarong-pin-Corsage

10 Likes

Lovely day again today. Iā€™ve caught up loving and pinning. Iā€™m off to watch some cricket this afternoon so getting in early with my listing today - another purse.

https://folksy.com/items/7137850-Small-purse-coin-purse-with-pale-green-and-cream-leaves-and-berries

8 Likes

Afternoon all,

Another little mouse card today.

8 Likes

Afternoon everyone lovely and sunny today
can you add 2 sales for me please Maxine @MaxPringJewellery

9 Likes

Little purse for Dad:

7 Likes

Loved and pinned to here. Congrats to those of you with sales today. Could I ask you all a favour please? If you were to give a fellow folksie a top tip (something that you have learnt along the way) - what would it be?
I think mine would be to use backgrounds of interest with my Jewellery- my first pics were really dull and not very exciting! I now make use of the butterfly world that my shop is next to and take most of my photos in there. Theres also good natural light in there too.

6 Likes

Evening

Feeling very deflated at the moment. A recent customer who purchased one of my parchment cards has returned it with very unkind comments. Feel like I have been kicked in the stomach. I feel I should send her a message but at the moment just feel too upset. I think I will just refund for now. Anyone else had a similar experience? How did you feel? and how did you react?

So nothing new, I feel the need for a magnum (ice cream!!) but the real magnum would probably let me drown my sorrows.

I will leave now, else I will bring everyone down with me.

Carol xx

3 Likes