Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MAY 2018

Claire,
The Folksy messaging service must be on a go slow. Your message finally came through at 5am. I have sent you a reply - hopefully you’ll get it soon. :smiley:

2 Likes

Morning all
Today’s listing is another glasses case

I went and collected my bedding plants from the local nursery yesterday. In years gone by I didn’t collect them until right at the end of May, early June when all chances of a late frost had gone. When I went last year, they had nearly sold out, so I wasn’t leaving it to chance this year! Everyone is going earlier and earlier apparently. I’m not sure how long he’ll keep going, he must be close to retirement. There aren’t many, if any nurseries like this left these days, such a shame. They seemed to have survived last night’s chill!

11 Likes

Morning everyone :slight_smile:

Nice and sunny here at the moment, supposed to be nice all over the Weekend!
@SueTrevor - I’m glad that you said that about the bedding plants. I noticed that my neighbour had planted all her hanging baskets about 4 weeks ago. I’m not a very confident gardener But I was sure that I didn’t normally do mine until the end of May, early June. I feel like I should just stick to what I normally do then…I was feeling like I was really behind with myself lol!

My listing today is a little floral and lace decoration:

12 Likes

good morning all…a touch of fantasy from me today
https://folksy.com/items/7138839-purple-glitter-butterfly-fantasy-art-ref-F401-
https://folksy.com/items/7138839-purple-glitter-butterfly-fantasy-art-ref-F401-DSCF0005%20(8)

9 Likes

Hi Everyone, I’ve just returned from a week in London helping our youngsters with their one yr old, clean up their open-plan home. We had a can-you-drop-everything-&-help-us phone call last week. One of them had put the electric kettle on the gas hob, left it burning & it caught fire. The other picked up the fire extinguisher & released it’s unstoppable contents. The Fire went out but the Fire extinguisher, which is the dry powder type, caused mayhem. The powder covered everything everywhere. Everybody had to move out. The whole house & every item had to be cleaned. Some of the items weren’t saveable & had to be chucked.

Think I prefer the fire blanket approach for a hob fire!!

Anyway in amongst that chaos I managed brief look-ins here to do loving & pinning. I’ve a lot to catch up with life-wise & printmaking, so might not get back to normal here for another couple of days. Will love & pin but probably won’t list or chat.

You & Yours have been in my thoughts Natalie @NOfkantsCurios

Loved & pinned to here…

12 Likes

Hi! Heres my listing for today - a beadwork Flower Bookmark. Hope you all have a good day, will be back later to love and pin. https://folksy.com/items/7138846-Flower-Beadwork-Bookmark

9 Likes

Morning all,

Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker that sounds horrendous, they are lucky you were able to go help.

Can I add one to the tally please Max @MaxPringJewellery

9 Likes

Morning everyone
Today’s listing, and as you can see by the daisies, my lawn needs mowing again!

Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker you poor thing, there’s always something they need us for isn’t there. Even when they’ve flown the nest!

10 Likes

Morning

Beautiful day here too, emptied laundry basket, washed and ironed!!! Lunch then garden. I too got my bedding plants, as last year they had sold out. Found a lovely local nursery, which Id never noticed before, and its right next to a pub!!! So its going to be planting later.

Here is mine for today, getting in romantic mood ready for 'the wedding tomorrow

Enjoy your Friday

Carolxx

8 Likes

Glad it went ok Natalie . Have a safe trip back . I’m giving you a virtual wave as you pass through my neck of the woods !!!

2 Likes

Afternoon all . Finally made some 'eroded ’ copper earrings , though not to the same degree as the first ones. Lots of trial and error . I don’t think I can come up with a formula, because of all the factors involved. Anyway it’s more exciting when you’re not sure what’s going to come out . Like the excitement of opening the kiln!
Anyway hope everyone is well and you get back fine Natalie @NOfkantsCurios
We finally have our fibre broadband :tada::tada: I can’t believe how fast the photos load up on Folksy … amazing. Here’s to less time in front of the screen :grinning: wonder if I will be able to watch iplayer now !

9 Likes

One of my notebooks/ journals today …

8 Likes

Back home in Newbury! I think I may be going back and forth to Plymouth though to see my sister often over the next few months as she and we adjust to being without John.

Thanks for all your kind words.

Natalie xxxx

10 Likes

I’ve just swung by the front page and @SarahDesignsUK and I were there as folksy favourites and even better Roz @OrchardFelts was there as ‘being sold now’ (care to share your secret? I think I’ve offended the sales fairy).
Didn’t get a stall at the big christmas market I wanted but I am (probably) going to be on local radio at some point next month promoting my open studio / the scheme in general, the committee asked for volunteers and I said yes without really thinking about it and now wondering what I’ve let myself in for. Hopefully it will increase footfall.
New listing

11 Likes

Having set a powder extinguisher off (they are a chemist’s best friend) your kids are lucky to have you - clearing those up is a massive job. I think if I’d phoned my folks I would have got a reply of ‘you set it off you clear it up’ and a pair of marigolds in the post.

9 Likes

Afternoon Everyone,
Heres a dreamcatcher card today.
Went shopping this morning, not as busy as i thought it would be, with it being cup final
and the royal wedding tomorrow.
Julie feeling a bit better today, so thats good.
Think she will feel like makeing a card tomorrow.
Natalie Ofkants Best Wishes Natalie to you and your family.
Catch up later with likes etc
Adrianx

11 Likes

Well done on dropping everything and rushing off to help . What an awful job . We had a fire in our bedroom 18 months ago and I am still cleaning up black bits… yuck . The powder stuff must be an absolute pain . Hope you are recovering and getting back in your own swing . Take care .

3 Likes

Sadly, the “being sold now” didnt develop into a “sold x minutes ago” :frowning: - must just have been someone window shopping putting things in their basket.

He ho - the sales vacuum continues!

I have managed to finish off quite a few projects today though.

5 Likes

Damn that’s one finicky sales fairy. Yay to the finished projects though.

4 Likes

Lovely day today again.

Max, @MaxPringJewellery, I hope you’re managing to keep your hay fever under control. Can I add 2 sales to my tally please?

Brenda @teabreaks, I keep meaning to thank you for the lovely cards I bought from you. I’m delighted with them and may struggle to part with them!

Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker, what an absolute nightmare! Like Sasha, I also worked in a lab where we had to set one of those off during a lab fire, and have witnessed the unbelievable mess the powder makes!

Sasha, @SashaGarrett, sorry you didn’t get a stall at the Christmas market. Exciting news about the radio though.

My new listing today is this little coin purse made from fabric I had left over from a tote bag. If the purse sells as quick as the bag did, I’ll be a happy bunny :grin:

https://folksy.com/items/7139024-Small-purse-coin-purse-with-abstract-stripes-in-bright-colours

10 Likes