Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - MAY 2018

Good morning yay happy dancing for sales Deborah, Sarah and Helen, :dancing_women: Sales have dipped again on here but still going okay elsewhere so plenty to keep me going.

I said Iā€™d show a pic of the finished cufflinks from last weekends commission, customer was delighted, so much so I have a whole heap of repairs and another commission to do, which will keep me busy lol!

Hereā€™s the cufflinks

and todays listing ā€˜Royalā€™ Blue Earrings :wink:

9 Likes

Morning all,
Love the hare Roz @OrchardFelts I need to get super organised like you, and get all my work together, priced and packed early for next weekend. I hate leaving it to the day before and then having to rush. Itā€™s a three day one next weekend, I havenā€™t done 3 days for a long time, I shall be exhausted!
Max @MaxPringJewellery those cuff links really sparkle, Iā€™m not surprised the customer was delighted.

I shall be glued to the telly no doubt today! Letā€™s hope it changes the mood of the country and brings in more sales! Iā€™m convinced the mood of people has an affect on there buying.

Sarah @thedotterypotter I meant to say Iā€™m not an expert gardener, everything I know I learnt from my Dad, who loved his garden and allotment and came from generations of farmers. I really donā€™t know why people have started to buy and plant bedding plants early these days. Itā€™s taken the nursery by surprise, in fact this year they actually had a notice saying they wouldnā€™t open until the middle of this week. Good for them, they wonā€™t be left with any plants, they are so good.

12 Likes

good morning all, a lovely day for a wedding.
Today I have another of my hand painted greetings cards (not a print) and only Ā£1.
https://folksy.com/items/7139053-hand-painted-Best-Wishes-greetings-card-ref-F402-

9 Likes

Morning

Hope you all have a great weekend, Iā€™m off to JewelleryMaker today so Iā€™m getting my listing in early

9 Likes

Morning all, what a beautiful morning
Todayā€™s listing

Iā€™ve been back on my potters wheel with porcelain clay this week, itā€™s very different and difficult to control. Iā€™m making more miniatures for my next fair. Usually you have to wait hours or days to alter a pot after youā€™ve thrown it, but with porcelain, particularly miniatures, the 1st one is ready after youā€™ve thrown the 2nd piece. Itā€™s only going to get worse in the hot weather!

14 Likes

Good morning from a very sunny Essex! @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker - that sounds a nightmare! Hope everything is okay nowā€¦ @SueTrevor - I agree people seem to be starting much earlier - I bought some geraniums about three weeks ago and they were the last of the stock in that nursery. I have planted them but they are in a protected place on the patio, as I also usually leave them until end May to hang up. Maybe itā€™s the changing warmer weather?? @OrchardFelts - love the hare!!

Two from me (I had a workshop yesterday so wasnā€™t around).

Hereā€™s my hand embroidered bouquet, framed and ready to hang/ stand:

and one of my special occasion cards:

7 Likes

Another beautiful day, perfect for the ā€˜weddingā€™. which I will def be watching in a bit.

Just got my jobs done, watering , feeding birds and hoggie and catching up on here, Coffee next thenā€¦

Here is a card especially for the special couple

Enjoy your weekend all

Carol xx

10 Likes

Good morning All
Keyring/charm with this card today, hope you like it.
All have a good weekend, ill be glued to R H S CHELSEA FLOWER SHOW from
Sunday onwards.
Best Wishes Adrianx

7 Likes

hello , a new one from me today. Been mega busy on a commission , thatā€™s why not been posting , but Iā€™m back !

8 Likes

:sun_with_face: Morning all .
Relisting these with new photos .
Well done on being so organised Roz @OrchardFelts Hope your day in the gallery goes well.
I have 3 sales to report :tada::tada::tada: @MaxPringJewellery Canā€™t quite believe it!
Wishing you all a good day , whatever youā€™re up to.

8 Likes

My kids are painfully shy, embarrassingly so, if anyone talks to them they look utterly shocked! However, my son is really into learning about the elements at the moment and also has an interest in gemstones (through Minecraft I think), so you maybe the perfect person to visit with him! What weekends are you doing this year?

5 Likes

What a glorious day it is today. Iā€™m enjoying sitting with the French windows open, listening to the birdsong and the trickle of the water feature on the patio, whilst I avoid all the hype on the TV.

My new listing is a larger-sized purse today.

https://folksy.com/items/7139209-Large-purse-coin-purse-in-blue-and-white-with-little-blue-whale

10 Likes

Iā€™m a glutton for punishment and Iā€™m doing all 4 weekends (it starts with the weekend 7th/8th July) - I find it helps spread visitors out if I do them all so no weekend is totally manic (but the final one gets pretty close as people realise its the last chance). We have parking if you are driving and cold refreshments if youā€™re not.

4 Likes

Got back from the allotment just in time to see them leaving the church, rather underwhelmed by the dress but got lots of weeding done so all in all a good morning.
Its a new listing even if it looks rather like a previous listing

10 Likes

Just enjoy catching up on some highlights from the Royal Wedding - I think we will probably have seen enough by the end of the weekend!! Will catch up later to pin - another regal style bookmark from me today. https://folksy.com/items/7139118-Bookmark-with-Beadwork-Flower-gold%20flower%20beaded%20bookmark%20regal%20collage

8 Likes

Afternoon everyone

7 Likes

Iā€™ll definitely try to make it this year!

3 Likes

Afternoon all.
Lovely day here again, but I have been good and worked on a necklace commission.
Not seen any of the wedding footage- we are currently watching Suits on Netflix, so have been seeing plenty of Meghan recently though (wonder if the queen has watchedā€¦think she might choke on her crumpet if she did)

Love the colour combination in your necklace Sasha @SashaGarrett

9 Likes

Good evening, been another lovely day here. I went to my usual orchestra practice today and also tried a new group, the woodwind band, but it was so difficult. The first piece was so fast I didnā€™t even manage the first note! I did manage to follow the music through, so am quite pleased with that. The pieces did get a bit easier, so I did manage to play something!
Beautiful earrings @DeborahJonesJewellery
Cute purse Helen @PocketfulCreations

Here is my new listing today, using these lovely ceramic spikes again.
IMG_3798

11 Likes

faved to here x

2 Likes