Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - May 2019

OMG Sarah what a trauma :grimacing:. Hope you are feeling better now and you don’t need antibiotics :upside_down_face: I live in fear of those things ! My daughter had one in her (tiny little) chest when she was 2 and OH removed it with a lighter flame!!! I just tried to keep her otherwise occupied . Fortunately she didn’t have a clue . ewwwwww…

7 Likes

Afternoon

Urgh Sarah @thedotterypotter you poor sausage, that really did sound horrendous. Tics are nasty things. Never had one myself, thankfully, but our springer spaniel did. This is quite a few years ago, we were on holiday, and someone advised us to drown it in dettol, amazingly, it worked!! but def wouldn’t recommend doing that these days when you can get tic tweezers.

Here is my new one, at long last!!! Showery today so it has got me inside and doing lol

Carol xx

10 Likes

Oh my days!! What a scare, hopefully all will turn out ok on the lyme disease front, nasty nasty condition!

I’m now well used to tick removal. They seem to love my Westie, I’d highly recommend everyone get one of those little tick removal kits for their first aid box, so easy and effective.

7 Likes

@thedotterypotter eeeew eeeew and eeeeeew x poor you … and your acrobatics made me laugh … sounds just like our house lol x really hope all is well on the Lyme disease front … very nasty … xxx

8 Likes

@MaxPringJewellery Enjoy your day Max. You deserve a treat me day.
@thedotterypotter OMG! That’s terrible. I’d have had a complete meltdown. Good on you for getting it out. A lighted match was the thing my father used on our cat. Hurray for tweezers!
A new listing at last. It’s taken me all day to finish, photograph it and list it.

11 Likes

Oh Sarah @thedotterypotter what a drama indeed! You realise you have now made us all paranoid about any teeny bump or zit we may encounter while showering?

I’m being my felt persona today as I needed to do some relists, including some butterflies:

10 Likes

Afternoon …
Battling with some DIY with son . Turns out we are a bit hopeless :slightly_frowning_face: Must get back to it . Son should be revising but we thought we would change his bedroom round quickly !!! and try and make the sofa back into a bed … sounds easy enough… :grimacing:
Have a good evening

12 Likes

Wow Sarah, @thedotterypotter I’ll bet that was satisfying when you pulled it out. I must be the only person here who has not heard of a tick removal thingy, but am suddenly thinking I need one fast!

@carolinefrodsham I too saw Judy Chicago’s dinner party back in the day.1980, and I saved up and went to America on Freddie Laker airlines with a mate from Polytechnic!

Showing these again today, brown but hopefully not too boring. A little torn 1960’s apron was used for these, and they have a Scandi feeling vibe to me.

13 Likes

Oh my goodness Sarah @thedotterypotter! I had no idea that you could get a tick so easily! I thought you had to actually brush against it but, from what you’ve said, that couldn’t have happened in your case. Thank goodness you managed to get it out fairly easily. Fingers crossed about the Lyme disease.

Max, @MaxPringJewellery Enjoy your day at Trago Mills. We went to one of those in Cornwall a few years ago - it was huge.

I’ve kept my promise - no swallows today! :laughing: All loved and pinned.

https://folksy.com/items/7271718-Bumble-bee-tote-bag-in-lilac-with-polka-dot-bumble-bee

9 Likes

Good afternoon, phew I’m shattered, my feet are aching too, now for a well earned G&T, surprisingly I didn’t spend anything on supplies in Trago Mills, but I did buy some plants :slight_smile:

Claire @ClaireMortArtist was away for a while following a bereavement

ewwweee Sarah @thedotterypotter!! hope it doen’t leave any nasty effects :hugs:

10 Likes

My listing for today

9 Likes

Awwww @MaxPringJewellery I’m so sorry to hear that x sorry for putting my foot in it x I do hope you are ok xxxxxx

8 Likes

Eeew, Sarah @thedotterypotter that sounds horrific, hope it turns out okay.

All caught up to here, I’m afraid it’s another re-list

10 Likes

Evening - a new listing from me

9 Likes

Evening everyone :slight_smile: I’m just about getting over my tick trauma!

I used to love Trago Mills when we visited Devon or Cornwall. For some reason, I would always buy a sketchbook and pencils! I also loved the little old fashioned amusement arcade!

Love your purses today Petra @PetraBradleyPrints - that material is fab, right up my street! The coasters in the background have got the same print on as a little metal tea set I had as a kid!

8 Likes

Can I add one to the tally please Sarah @thedotterypotter, hope you suffer no ill effects from your tick. They are a problem here with all the deer, nasty little blighters!

7 Likes

OMG Sarah @thedotterypotter sounds awful. Years ago, my cat had a tick and I took it to the RSPCA and they just told me to put surgical Spirit on it. It worked. Hope all will be OK x

5 Likes

All caught up to here.
Poor you Sarah @thedotterypotter, glad you’re getting over the tick trauma. x

5 Likes

Happy dancing for your sales Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery :slight_smile: Congratulations in getting to No 3 in the best sellers list too xx
2 sales for me today too :slight_smile:

My listing today is another bird house:

10 Likes

Evening everyone
Sounds awful Sarah @thedotterypotter hope it turns out ok

9 Likes