Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - November 2021

Morning all

Just started a new thread re the new format, dreadful and already had friends moan about it as thought a rogue site. This could affect sales and visits which are poor enough as it is. Perhaps it is time to move on.

Sorry so annoyed not listing today, will see how I feel tomorrow but with that mess to look at really not worth the effort.

16 Likes

Sorry, just relists for today, as I was out most of yesterday.

And the matching hat.

Natalie x

25 Likes

Good morning all and happy Friday :slight_smile: I have an online market all weekend so I may well have lots of new listings next weekend as there seems to be rather a saturation of FB market nights at the moment :wink:
So sorry to hear you have had an awful week Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery sending you a woolly hug x
Just a relist today of a little toadstool hoodie. Have a lovely Friday all :slight_smile: xxx

toadstool hoodie

24 Likes

Morning all, Damp and very cold out today.
Oh dear Caroline @Caroleecrafts, it’s such a shame that Admin have to do things like changing page layouts on the run up to Christmas and goodness knows how we promote our shops when all the social media buttons have gone, it’s hard enough to get seen and also takes long enough to do it when we can without Admin making things harder and more long winded for us. Moan over now …
Hugs for you Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery.
Marion @WestcountryCreations hope you have a better day today.
Lovely to hear from you Sarah @dotterypottery look forward to when you can return to the thread.
Have viewed and loved all the gorgeous goodies on the thread and now I’ve found the Pinterest button I can continued with my random pinning.
A relist from me today

25 Likes

Morning, everyone. Still trying to get used to the new page format. Does anyone know where the ‘Choose Option’ button is? Or has it been replaced with something else?
My listing today is an A5 notebook with a handdrawn cover design.
https://folksy.com/items/7869820-Bunny-A5-Lined-Notebook

25 Likes

I think i might be coming round to how my shop looks now. I have always thought that Folksy looked a bit old fashioned but now i think it looks a bit more up to date. i have found the love button, the edit button, the add or edit variations button and the report item to Folksy button so all we need now are the Facebook, pinterest and twitter buttons back!

18 Likes

Morning everyone. Hoping they put the pinterest and twitter buttons back. Not good timing at xmas.

24 Likes

I am now able to pin items just got to sort twitter.

16 Likes

Well confused at first to see the changes here on Folksy, do like the larger pictures though… anyone found how to share on Facebook?! That was so easy before… Something different from me today, good one for book lovers…

23 Likes

There’s no ‘Choose Option’ button Yvonne @HEARTSANDHUGS if a customer clicks ‘Add to Basket’ they can choose their options (not obvious) - I’ve asked if we can have it back in the Changes To The Items Page thread, dunno if we’ll get it tho. It’s a bummer to lose it, especially just before the Folksy Local Christmas Market and before Xmas generally. It affects one of my main sellers. Also not helped by the fact that the Description (mine had good instructions) is now hidden behind a button.

Have been racking my brains to think of a way around the Description problem but can’t think of one without compromising the new layout. Like I said earlier, I’m a Fan of the New Items Page - it’s definitely better on Mobile. Having ‘Add to Basket’ permanently visible is superb.

My current solution is to stick a little instruction in the item Title. Not ideal for search hierarchies but hopefully will encourage people to go ahead & buy instead of scratching their heads, wondering what to do & heading elsewhere!!

This is what it looks like on my phone (with instruction in the Title)

Apparently Folksy are doing more tweaking today, fingers crossed ‘Choose Options’ is one of them!

24 Likes

Lovely to hear from you Sarah. I’ve really missed seeing you on the thread xxx

16 Likes

Morning all. Feeling very disgruntled this morning with all of the changes. I admit it does look better but it’s no help to sellers at all. Folksy don’t do any advertising for the majority of us just for the elite few who they decide to promote. Promoting is now so much harder and takes up even more time which means less time for making. Why did they have to take away the twitter, pinterest, fb like and share to fb buttons. Really fed up with it all now.

Today my relist is for these little boots for baby

24 Likes

good morning all…still finding the new layout confusing…especially when I forget someone’s name to make a comment on here. Before, it was there when I did the LIKES but now I just see their shop name, so if I forget your name…then sorry…
today I have an aceo with a glittered tree

24 Likes

Morning! :sun_behind_large_cloud:

Today’s listing: StarSign for current birthdays

You can see people’s names, Brenda @teabreaks, if you scroll down past the 3 reviews under each listing :grinning:

Loved to here…

22 Likes

Morning everyone,
Just a relist this morning.
The first thing I sold on Folksy was one of these cards and it’s still one of my favourites. I was amazed that with all the choices of cards and different places to buy them someone actually found one of mine and chose to buy it :slight_smile:

24 Likes

Hi Elly @EllyRowbothamPrintmaker, many thanks for such a helpful reply. It’s great that you’ve raised it with Folksy. You would have thought that including this button in the new format would be a no brainer rolls eyes! Loving your idea about having the instruction in the listing title :slight_smile:

18 Likes

Relist today at a much reduced price

26 Likes

Morning again I’m back with Oswestry Jewels.
Today’s relist is white leather bracelet with blue lampwork beads

24 Likes

Morning all,
Happy Friday
Sorry I missed yesterday it came and went :thinking::hushed:
I’m all loved to here now

Hello Sarah @dotterypottery hope you are doing ok, how did you go with your mri scan?

Hope you’re ok Deborah @DeborahJonesJewellery thinking of you xx
Lovely bag Lynn @erkinwald xx how’s your headache now xx
Another beauty Yvonne @HEARTSANDHUGS so jealous of your drawings ! :heart:
Hope you’re ok too Marion @WestcountryCreations xx
Good news on the fair val @valerie :grinning:

Here’s mine today

25 Likes

Very pleased Just watch tomorrow be a beautiful day
Valerie

16 Likes