Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - SEPTEMBER 2017

Good morning, yay happy dancing for sale Sarah :slight_smile:

Oh nearly the weekend, got 2 book commissions to finish this afternoon one new one and one to replace the one lost in the post and a bracelet to get on with then itā€™s on to making stock, Iā€™m planning to make some Christmas goodies this weekend :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Morning All, I too am making an order today to replace one lost in the post Max, so annoying - especially as I had to use the post box and so didnā€™t get proof of posting ( no car that week ) .
Have a good Friday everyone x

black spinel 2

4 Likes

Morning, yesterday I achieved absolutely diddly squat!! Hope today I can set my mind on things, so much to do in the garden and allotment, so much knitting to be done for the up coming Christmas fairs.
This little man has just marched back into my shop.

4 Likes

Thank you Judith :grinning:

good morningā€¦hope everyone is wellā€¦not a cloud in the sky at the moment and the sea is a better shade of greyā€¦I could write a book about all the shades of greyā€¦perhaps notā€¦
Today I have something a bit differentā€¦a fantasy angel aceo

6 Likes

Good morning everyone a new listing today

4 Likes

Morning all, attempting to post listing from new iPad, not sure how to copy and paste. Not sure I can get my usual linked big picture to work on it

8 Likes

Morning everyone,happy Friday!
Hope you are all well X
Hereā€™s mine today
https://folksy.com/items/4505731-Mini-Stash-Pack-Cool-Citrus-100-Various-Crafty-Items-Yellow-s-Green-s

Steph x

4 Likes

Martin @MartinShackletonCeramics - I tried taking photos using the timer function on my camera but evidently Iā€™m not patient enough and was always wondering if it had taken the photo and how much longer I needed to hold it for and then moving just as it took the shot. Anyway I now have a cable release (and tripod) for my chunky camera, if you donā€™t have a tripod try resting the camera on a bag of rice or lentils as this evens out the bumps on the bottom of the camera and allows you to make sure its level on the stack of books.

2 Likes

I love your painting Judith, you have such a beautiful style, I love Khadi paper too, but I draw/paint like a child these days. So much for 3 years trainingā€¦

2 Likes

I am mainly self-taught, just did a one year diploma foundation course and then decided to study languages instead, much to the annoyance of my teachers. But I do remember one of the painting tutors, Neil Shawcross say (and heā€™s a famous, much loved, Irish artist) that the best way to paint is like a child. Would love to see some of your work. I, on the other hand, have sewing machine skills envy looking at all your stuff, lol. x

4 Likes

Love this colour way!!!

Thanks Sasha and everyone else, i have a play around with different things and see what works for me. It may mean buying a tripod and shutter release, but Iā€™ll try and avoid that for now as I havenā€™t sold much on Folksy. But doing a fair showed me how popular my miniatures were when people could see them for real! I will also try with naturally small flowers, pots seem to sell with flowers in them :blush:

5 Likes

You must all think by now that all I ever paint, draw or print are hens!! Really not true, but I do seem to do quite a lot of them. This 2 colour linocut print is available in 2 colourways. Hope you have a nice weekend. The sunshine yesterday didnā€™t last long here, itā€™s now blowing a gale and raining. Hello Autumn!

4 Likes

You really wouldnā€™t like to see any of my scribbles! But I am going to write a list of 52 things to draw, one a week. Because half the problem is not knowing what to draw, the other is to develop my own style, as I have with my sewing. Once a week will be enough, everyday would be better, but unrealistic at this time!

4 Likes

Scrappy Quilt from me today - sorry I didnā€™t make yesterday but I have just caught up with all the listings etc. I had to admit yesterday morning that I needed some advice on my ankle. My Doctor saw me within an hour of calling her (we are blessed with an excellent Drs. surgery). Within another hour I was at Derby Royal A & E with a suspected fracture but after many Xrays and opinions it was confirmed that I have a badly sprained foot. Rest, cold compresses and paracetemol seems to be the order so I have to do as Iā€™m told. Cannot tell you the response from my everloving when I was told to do as Iā€™m told - something on the lines that that would be a first. Anyway with it strapped up and pain relief I am feeling a bit better this morning. Just a relist from me though - a little scrappy cot quilt or knee throw to keep you warm. Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE - your hot water bottle covers are gorgeous. Almost wish I had a hot water bottle.

7 Likes

HeeHeeHee Maureen a coolie we would have to call it as you would have to fill it with ice water!!
We use our hotties for a myriad of things, but probably the most bazaar is putting the in the bottom, hot, of a cool box when we drive 20mins to our nearest curry take away!!
Get better soon. Being told what to do is a complete nightmare I know, but for a few days at least just please them, in fact you could always ask them to do a few jobs you had been meaning to do yourself but have never got round to and see what the answer is!! You could try and get the hoover out and see how swiftly they take over!
Suzzie xx

2 Likes

Hello, all!

My listing for today is another bracelet with poppy art print:

3 Likes

Afternoon All

I was missing yesterday as I took a day off for my birthday. I had a lovely day and had several friends around for something to eat and drink in the evening.

Back to it today though and my listing for today is another pair of chandelier earrings.

5 Likes

I hate photographing white! I may need to tweak this a bit.

4 Likes