Folksy 365 - Daily Listing Challenge Thread - SEPTEMBER 2018

Silver and lilac, misty colours of autumn. Turned chilly last night, heating on or a hottie?

No1 son all back safe at uni. Now in Dorset visiting parents. First cup of tea doesn’t taste quite the same as at home…jobs to be done in the garden and house. Trying to make life easier for them.
But knitting brought along, as there is always an opportunity, as my children say ‘every minute is a stitch, every stitch a penny’ !!
Have a lovely weekend, see you all tomorrow xx

18 Likes

Morning all.

A new design made yesterday, I shall be making a few more pairs today.

18 Likes

Good morning all.
Something different today…a set of 5 Christmas gift tags…decoupaged and hand painted.
https://folksy.com/items/7177987-5-x-Christmas-gift-tags-ref-f-512-

18 Likes

I set up yesterday for my fair ready for today and I’m really upset with my space. I think it must be something about me that makes me get walked all over. I thought and I am right at the back of the hall in a dark corner, and I asked for some boards for my pictures. Of course, there weren’t any there. I can’t move my table because I would be blocking the fire exit. When I tell you that the others have at least 4 display boards, a 6 foot table, room to put their extra tables or those things to put prints in, and at least two of them have 2 6ft tables you might understand why I’m so upset. There are some flimsy boards on a stage I can use, but not stick nails in for my frames, but who is going to look on the stage anyway. I felt so ill last night, how can the organisers be so unfair to me. I hope I can recover my stall fee, petrol money and material costs, but I doubt it.
Anyway,
Today’s listing

17 Likes

Thanks for all the bird love :slight_smile: - I do love making the little birds.

Talk to me about mammoth road trips to Uni Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE - left home at 5:30 yesterday afternoon - finally made it to Sheffield about 11:15. The first 12 miles of the journey took over an hour due to a broken down coach on the A303. Was tempted to turn round but stuck it out! I was hoping to get an early start back today but my daughter informs me I am expected to stay as her father is coming up today and she wants us all to go for lunch. Looks like I will be doing battle with all the Uni arrivals through sheffield later :frowning:

Enjoy your trip to Norfolk Lynn @erkinwald
Wouldn’t that be nice if every stitch was a penny Suzzie @thistledownandHOPE

Sue @SueTrevor - that sounds awful, sounds like it is a good job you’ve decided to throw in the towel for this one next year. Hope it goes well despite your position - your work is so lovely, you deserve to do well.

I really must get my head down and crack on with some work when I get home. I have got another week in Norfolk next month and am not terribly organised for it yet.
Nothing new again from me, so here is a relist

19 Likes

@SueTrevor, I hope it all works out for you at the fair.

Here’s my listing for today

13 Likes

@Sue Trevor - That is so unfair. Can’t you ask for some money back, I would certainly try.
Off to clean again ready for the house viewing so will be back later to post mine.

8 Likes

Morning all!
Dog walking this morning so a quickie from me xx

15 Likes

A relist from me this morning

14 Likes

Oh Sue how awful for you, could you not you not tell them that you feel as though you are being unfairly treated and ask for a reduced stall fee as you don’t have the same amount of space as others and not the boards you asked for. Difficult to do I know but sometimes you just have to make a stand and let them know your feelings.
Hope you get lots of sales.

11 Likes

Good morning all just a flying visit as I have to crack in with some crochet for a market night and I am so behind :open_mouth: Hope everyone has a good weekend :slight_smile: here is mine for today :slight_smile: xxx

16 Likes

@SueTrevor
Please make a complaint…I had this once…promised a 6ft table and only got one that was 4ft long and they decided to close the fair at 1pm instead of 4pm, so I told them it was a breach of contract…I got my money back…
Don;t let them walk all over you x

13 Likes

Sue, @SueTrevor I would definitely and vigorously complain, how is that fair treatment! I hope you get something sorted!!!

My item for today, crocheted cotton pan holders.

Natalie x

16 Likes

@SueTrevor, I saw your Facebook post and it certainly seems unfair looking at the mismatch in size of the allocated spaces! It’s such a shame as your beautiful work deserves so much better.

All loved and pinned to here (unless I have already previously loved them - as I had with quite a few).

Still nothing from me. I still haven’t sewn a stitch since I got back from hols!! I really need to try and summon some enthusiasm and get my backside in gear! Right, off for a cuppa :rofl:

10 Likes

Good Morning Everyone,
Lovely day here so flowers and butterflies to brighten todays listing.:butterfly::butterfly::sunflower::rose::hibiscus::bouquet:
All caught up to here.
Hopefully list some more in shop later, Julie busy with Christmas crafting::santa:
Best Wishes Adrian

16 Likes

Yes Roz, if every minute was a penny, we would all be millionaires!!! We can but dream. A303 and the M25 are our 2nd homes!!!xxx

6 Likes

Good afternoon.

Sue @SueTrevor I would certainly be letting them know how unfair they are being and demanding my money back.

17 Likes

Morning all… I really hope they sort it out for you Sue @SueTrevor. Sending you love & hugs. x
I feel the same Helen @PocketfulCreations I ordered my stock for christmas from Suppliers and paid for it only to find they have gone bust. I’m hoping i will get my money back…
Listing a Christmas Card today have a lovely weekend everyone. x

19 Likes

All caught up to here…

6 Likes

Another Christmas star decoration today

17 Likes