Folksy Friday!

Looks really good, would I be able to do this on an iPad?

Thank you so much for including my foxy glasses case :grinning:

1 Like

It’s #cowappreciationday today so thought a Pinterest board full of bovine faces would be fun!

3 Likes

@BigBirdLittleBird thanks for including me in your folksy friday - facebook was good enough to send me a notify even! :smiley:

i’m looking forward to joining in too, when i get my life/shop back in order.
i think - especially since the changes fb have made, and the ones yet to come, effectively preventing people from seeing our work - getting the folksy friday thing back up and running will make a huge difference to our visibilty. i hope so, anyway!

the FF blogs i was included in when i first started selling back in 2010, they STILL come up in google searches! (which is great… if a bit cringe :wink: )

3 Likes

I have done a Twitter one

I’ve made a Pinterest board of a selection of small houses made from ceramic or polymer clay for #folksyfriday featuring @AppleQueenJewellery @ArtbyJulieAnne @SheenaSpaceyFolkArt @DitsyBlue @LlangollenCeramics @jessicacatherinecreates @judeallman @SallyJaneOriginals @wonkipots

1 Like

I made mine on photoshop on my macbook. I’m sure there would be a simpler photo editor that you could use on your iPad that’d do something similar. :slight_smile: The problem would be getting the shop logo bit at the bottom.

Thanks for the reply, I’ll keep trying!

I have attempted a facebook one , but don’t really know what I am doing.

Wow - yesterday’s Folksy Friday was brilliant (and slightly crazy!). It looks like we had around 30 Pinterest boards and blog posts created on a #folksyfriday theme, which is amazing!

I’m still collating them all and then we’ll do a proper round-up on Storify. But thank you all so, so much for taking part, talking about Folksy and sharing so many makers. Let’s hope we can keep growing it and make Folksy Friday even bigger next week. Like @fionaT says, Folksy Friday blog posts from years ago are still showing up now in Google searches and they’re a great way to boost everyone’s visibility!

I’ve updated this Pinterest board with all your posts but there are still a few I need to add on - just give me a shout if I’ve missed yours out https://uk.pinterest.com/folksy/folksy-friday/

4 Likes

Hello! I’m looking for Folksy Friday guest posts for the Folksy blog for Friday 22nd July, 29th July and 5th August. Would anyone here like to give it a go?

You would just need to pick a theme, write an introduction explaining a bit about why you’ve chosen that theme and then select between 6-12 items from Folksy. We can sort out the formatting bit and you’ll get a little profile about you and a link back to your shop.

If you do, let me know!

1 Like

My mother in law is coming to visit so I was thinking of doing monsters/zombies/dragons - not sure I want the world to know my reasoning though it might not be good for relations if she finds out…

4 Likes

I’ll have a go if there’s still spaces… I couldn’t do this Friday thought but any friday after. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi Camilla,
I’d like to give it a go and could do any of those dates.
Let me know and I’ll send you a theme.
Thanks and best,
Alexandra

Yay! That’s brilliant @Arteo @SashaGarrett and @twinkleandgloomart - I’ll email you.

Thank you!

2 Likes

Last week was a brilliant Folksy Friday - so many of you joined in! We’d love to see even more people taking part, so we can keep growing it and bringing more and more people to Folksy.

If you’re not sure how or what to do, badger is here with our handy how-to guide …

2 Likes

What about this lovely shelf, so original.

Sorry posted this on the wrong thread!

1 Like

I’ve tweeted Thistles and Talent

Shops
@Scotlandscape
@LochbroomPottery
@WishesontheWind
@HookandLoop
Off now to find a fruity find to promote.

2 Likes

We’ve pinned and tweeted your roarsome Monsters board @SashaGarrett :spider:

(spider emoji was the best I could come up with for that one… not quite as scary as planned)

3 Likes

I’m in love with a zombie penguin - do you have an emoji for that?

1 Like