Free Slate Circles

Fab! How many can you send for the £2.80 postage bracket? And how much would it be for them all?

Stephanie 10 can go 2nd class Royal Mail for £2.80? I have 31 left. all 31 weigh 2.5kg which according to Myhermes is £5.79 for all of them.

Could I have as close to 2kg of them (without risking going over) sent by myhermes please? I think that’s their next price bracket down. Remember to add something for your fees!

Hope this is okay Stephanie

1 Like

Mine arrived today thanks :smile:

Has anyone found a way to remove the printed image? I’m, still experimenting.

Stephanie @StephanieGuy, sanding seems to work. I have got a small dremel with a sanding cylinder on it which manages to take the surface off. Not sure how long it would take though but maybe with a bigger sander. Not sure how much muscle power you would need to use to do it by hand.

Stephanie @StephanieGuy an industrial thinners type solution worked for us.

1 Like

I’ve tried my best artists turps but it didn’t do much. How long did you soak yours Rachel @Glehcar?

Borrowed some industrial turps and just rubbed sorry. I will message the chap and see if I can find the name and make of the turps

Stephanie he says it was M E K, methyl ethyl ketone :smile: Cellulose thinners would do, he says, available anywhere you buy paint for cars

1 Like

Thanks Rachel, I’ve handed them over to a friend who is retired and loves a challenge :slight_smile:

Finally got round to using my first slate circle. It’s now part of my Bee Lover’s Gift Set. A lovely little coaster to stick a brew on while watching the bees that you can attract with the set to your garden :smile:

10 Likes

Wow that’s beautiful :smiley:

any left? i would love 50 but am happy to take what you have

Tola X

Just 10, 8 sided ones left Tola, with baize on one side, and a transfer on the other ?

Can you pls show s pic of the both sides , pretty please, so that that i know exactly what you mean

Tola x

Here are your photos :smile:
The baize peels off easily but the transfers I think Stephanie @StephanieGuy had some issues with and might be able to better advise you, please Stephanie?

@DetolaAndGeek and @Glehcar I’ve only just seen this question sorry - I don’t think I got notified!

We sanded ours off by hand, it didn’t take too long - but I’ve just seen a really neat idea where you convert an old electric toothbrush into a mini sander by cutting the bristles off and sticking a small sandpaper disc on instead. That would be much quicker.

This is what I did with mine

1 Like

@Glehcar

I totally forgot about these. So sorry for that. I think i’ll pass on them. Thanks for your help x

@StephanieGuy

They did well

2 Likes

No problem :smiley: