Folksy Ltd

General chit chat thread

(Thedotterypotter) #201

Enjoy your week off Kim @KBCreations :slight_smile:

(Chris Stone) #202

I’ve rather enjoyed the creative offerings on the tellybox this evening, with Portrait Artist of the Year on Sky Arts and the Sewing Bee on BBC2. I’m sure getting yourself on one of these television shows must do wonders for your profile and your credibility as an artist/ crafter, but I’ve never been brave enough to even contemplate entering.

(Thedotterypotter) #203

I watched the sewing bee, I forgot about Portrait artist of the year!
I’m sure I would ruin my career if I went on one of those shows, I’d come across as a nervous wreck probably! lol

(Dosrodgerspottery) #204

They always say if something is going to go wrong it’ll be when someone is watching. Well if something went wrong with 1.2 million people watching you’d never live it down :grin:

(Kim Onyskiw) #205

I hate it enough when there’s just someone else in the same room as me, as that always seems to be when I go wrong and make silly little mistakes, so I’m pretty sure everything would be a mess if I were being watched, judged and filmed.

(Suzzie Godfrey) #206

But it does inspire me somewhat. I have some lovely liberty print tana lawn to make a shirt with… If I don’t start soon the print will be sooooo out of fashion!!
Suzzie x

(Thedotterypotter) #207

I know… I bought myself a sewing machine last year and I still haven’t made anything with it yet! The sewing bee has made me think I can make myself a blouse or something… lol!

Flipping heck we had drama’s last night. Thank God my 92 yr old Dad had his mobile near him as he had a fall and rang me saying I think I have broken my leg!! I am 7 miles away and can not drive any more, luckily OH had just got back from the Bike Museum. I rang for any ambulance and we both arrived at the house at the same time, but my key didn’t work as his key had been knocked fully into the lock, he always keeps it half in so he can get out quick in an emergency!!! So OH had to break in though a window to open a door! to get in! He was talking to me on his mobile while we were out side, I said Dad what happened and he said he had got the hoover out, I said but Julia (my best friend, because I can’t use one) had been the day before and he said a key was stuck on his computer and he was going to clean it out, he tripped over the lead!!! He use to get angry if I cleaned it for him, I just ignored him and carried on!!! So he has a break near the top of his leg and is now in surgery. It could be 6 months recovery but he was getting unsteady on his feet.
Because of my cold I won’t see him today but my brother drove down from London so he is here for a few days!!! My Valentine meal was a can of soup at 11.30 last night!!!
Hope you all had happier evenings!

(jessicagoulty) #209

Wow what an eventful evening for you. I hope surgery goes well and the recovery too. This happened to my grandmother in law a few years ago ( she’d had one to many gin and t’s sitting down and then was a bit wobbly when she got up!) She went on to make a full recovery, is 100 this year and still lives independently.

Thank you @jessicagoulty. My Mum broke her hip just before Christmas when she was coming up to 90, but my MIL who was 90 broke her hip the following day and they ended up each end of the corridor in the same hospital, the nurses couldn’t believe it!!!
Thanks for your kind wishes, as if by telepathy his sister rang me this morning (she is 97 and had a fall last month, just had bruising) to say she hadn’t got hold of him, I was going to let her know when he came out of recovery what had happened, she is into spiritual healing so she would have had a six sense, bless her.
We will have a long wait today!!!

He is back in the ward drinking and going to have a cuppa and biscuits. Phew! :blush:

(Lynn Britton) #212

So glad to hear your dad is out of recovery and having tea and biscuits. x

Thank you Lynn @erkinwald he is such a tough cookie…
I have really lost my voice now so I can’t speak to him, my brother is WhatsApping me with information x

(Thedotterypotter) #214

Oh my goodness, what a scare for you and your poor Dad. I’m so glad that the operation went well and that he is coming round and enjoying a cuppa xxx Sending lots of love to you and wishing your Dad a speedy recovery x

Bless you Sarah thank you, we knew it would happen one day…
So relieved he is ok, he has never had an operation before…
He will be looked after while he is there…xxx

(Dosrodgerspottery) #216

My dad’s still on hospital 3 weeks after being rushed in. He’s comfortable but going down hill slowly. 94 and making the best of it.
We’ve spent most of our time up there with him but had to come away last week so to get some work done.
Sadly not got much done as I’ve put my back out and have spent the last 5 days upstairs on prescription pain killers etc. I think we’ll just write February off this year. :slightly_frowning_face:

(Rhiannon Rose) #217

My smallest cat (1 year old) has gone missing: she escaped last night and we haven’t seen her since. :frowning: We’ve been out searching, but no luck…

(Thedotterypotter) #218

I’m so sorry about your Dad @Dosrodgerspottery xxx Hope your back is sorted out soon x

Sorry to hear about your little cat @RhiannonRoseJewellery…hopefully she may be locked in a shed or something and be let out today. Keep us updated xx

So sorry about your Dad. Hope your back has improved a bit, just give it time it will heal…
I am waiting for another MRI early March.

(Dosrodgerspottery) #220

@bramleycards best of luck with the MRI scan. Had a few of those a while back myself. Worst part of having a scan is waiting for results to come through but our wonderful NHS are usually great at getting results back to you asap.
We’re so lucky to have the NHS in this country.