General chit chat thread

Thank you, yes I have loads of them before 3 ops and still no relief, they are brilliant the NHS we are lucky to have them, I have had my pain consultant for 18yrs now lucky to see the same man, he is much in demand!!

Did your little cat come home @RhiannonRoseJewellery? x

So sorry to hear about your dad Sue @bramleycards, looking after parents is such a worry isn’t it.

Sorry to hear about your dad too @Dosrodgerspottery and hope your back is feeling a bit better now.

Hope you’ve found your little cat @RhiannonRoseJewellery

Dull and rainy here today, hoping it will brighten up for taking some more photo’s. Hope the weather’s better where you are. x

1 Like

Thanks Tina @DaisyWings I had to leave him with my brother when he turned up from London on Thursday night because I have had a stinker of a cold, so I have not seen him, I am going today, so will stay until end of evening visiting. I have an embroidery order to do for somebody so will sit in café sewing inbetween the 2 visits. It is now going to be more of a worry, we will have to sort carers if he does go home. I can’t even lift his kettle, so blooming useless!!
@RhiannonRoseJewellery I do hope you cat is ok and has come home, ours have disappeared all night before, it is such a worry, our last 3 have been rescue cats and you don’t know what their previous behaviour can get them into. I sat all night in a chair with the patio doors open with our last cat, she turn up ok at 6am, probably hidding from the bully cat across the road!!! They are like your teenage kids!!! x

1 Like

Finding care can be a big worry Sue @bramleycards but hopefully it will work out ok. I share your frustration at not being able to lift anything, I also can’t lift at the moment, it’s so annoying isn’t it. Xxx

1 Like

Little Saffy is still missing… We’re going to set up an infra red motion sensitive camera over a food bowl and see if she’s in the area feeding. The older cats have been in and out a few times, but no trace so far.

Have you put signs up locally and pushed leaflets through doors? A work colleagues cat went missing just before Christmas and this is what she did. She was out every day leafleting and looking and was beginning to think he was gone for good, but she did find her cat about 4 days later just a few streets away. She had been contacted with various sightings and thinks he had some how ended up over a mile away and was in the process of finding his way home when she found him.

1 Like

I hope you find her soon. We’ve had a couple turn up after days/weeks away because they’ve accidentally got locked in somewhere, although if you say escaped it sounds like she might not be used to being outside, so hopefully she’s just having a little explore and will be back soon.

I know our local lost and found site always recommends putting out used litter, beds or other things that will strongly smell of them in the garden to help them find their way back.

1 Like

Hope your cat returns soon @RhiannonRoseJewellery :blush:

Hope she return’s soon x @RhiannonRoseJewellery

2 Likes

And at 0111, 3 days after she went missing, in she strolls like nothing happened!

8 Likes

Don’t they just, do they have any idea how traumatizing it is for their owners! And then they always want feeding! Im glad shes home :purple_heart:

1 Like

Glad to hear she’s back!

At the moment I’m getting annoyed by one of my cats being too clingy because it’s making it really hard to get any work done when she’s sleeping on my desk… but I know once it gets to summer I’ll be wishing she was here because then she only comes in the house for 5 minutes when she wants food. Too easy to think she’s missing if I miss her snack break from the garden.

2 Likes

First time venturing on this thread so hello :wave:
I see you’re talking about cats so here’s my 17yr old Gizmo

Gizmo doesn’t live with me though. I got him, and his brother Taz, who sadly passed 10yrs ago with fluid on the lungs, whist I was still young, free, single and living with my parents. I then met Tony, my husband. We moved into a cottage which is in a semi rural area but to the front of the house is a main road and to the left is the M20, albeit 60 odd foot down. So I asked my parents if I could leave me cats with them and they agreed. I still pay for everything for him and still see him but he’s much safer living where he is. If my parents had said no (but they’re not like that) I would have had to have him here and hope and pray that his wanderings happened in the woods behind our house and not on the motorway. I’m off to see him today actually as me and hubs are visiting my parents for the day.

6 Likes

I’m so glad that she is back @RhiannonRoseJewellery xxx

Hello Gizmo :slight_smile: enjoy seeing him today, Carol @Knittingtopia - welcome to the chit chat thread too x

2 Likes

Wonderful news, glad she is home xx

1 Like

I’m thinking of getting a rescue cat, but I had pretty bad experiences with my daughters’ cats. One of them wrecked my lovely Axminster carpet by consistently poo-ing on it for 18 years. One of them was highly strung, would gobble her food and bring it up, then, when my granddaughter was born, hated her on sight. The third was OK, but very much a one person cat and knew who his Mummy was (wouldn’t have anything to do with the rest of us!) :slight_smile:
I’m very envious of people with “normal” cats! I’d love to have a kitty to cuddle, but scared I might get another dud! :slight_smile:

I’m always surprised when cats don’t run from children! They can be quite sensitive to noisy things (and it’s even worse once the children get older and chase after them), so it can take them a while to get used to children being around, especially for a nervous cat.
I think you might be looking for a weird cat rather than a normal one :laughing: If any are described as “more like a dog”, I think that’s the cat for you!

My fat cat now is very much the relaxed, cuddles anyone, doesn’t care when children are running around kind… but after years of many cats, there have definitely been more of the fussy, aloof, one person cats (but they suit me).

1 Like

I had a lovely ginger cat who was always up to mischief. Soon after my daughter was born he disappeared and despite searching high and low he was nowhere to be found. About 6 months later I was bathing my daughter when my husband shouted up to say - you’ll never guess who’s just walked into the kitchen - yes it was my cat, a little on the thin side but otherwise OK. I often think he had an “Incredible Journey” experience!

4 Likes

Our biggest cat is a ginger wanderer - he disappears for days at a time in warm weather. His record is ten days. We’re used to it with him, but it took a while!

2 Likes