General chit chat thread

I remember PLJ - my mum used to drink it too for the same reason I believe :slight_smile:

3 Likes

yeah, I think you are right about them being overly cautious! I did keep asking her “are you sure I need to go?” but she was quite forceful in the end - lol!

Good luck with the job interview…I think this new thing about having no gaps in your employment history is so limiting to young people these days…they are scared stiff to go off and have adventures or even just a re-think about careers!
Oooh, good luck to your Daughter too…hope she gets its x

Joy @JOYSofGLASS I know, the things people used to do in the past and lived to tell the tale…

my Mum sometimes drinks pure lemon juice and she says it’s because she has a dry mouth ( I always thought that would make a dry mouth worse) Now, I’m wondering if she does it for the reasons you said - I didn’t even know that was a thing!

Thanks for the tip about the bicarbonate Kim @konyskiw - I’ll give that a go!

I wouldn’t normally have worried about the glaze chemicals but this glaze was one I mixed myself and did contain several heavy metals…there are so many Health and safety protocols that I should have been following but absent mindedly did not. Ironically it was a glaze that I didn’t really want to use but the customer had seen something I made with it on before and insisted that was the glaze she wanted! Must use gloves with that one next time for sure!

3 Likes

Thank you Sarah @thedotterypotter
Hope your tooth feels better today i think i would choose the last option of having the tooth out. We have got to have a gas engineer at mums Friday as we had to have the gas switched off because of a problem so we have got to go over and empty the garage so they can get at all the gas pipes.

3 Likes

Brrrrr…it’s so chilly tonight…did any of you have snow today?

How are you all keeping warm? I’ve got a blanket on the settee but I think I’m going to have to put the heating on for a few hours.

2 Likes

@thedotterypotter I used to dance in AM Dram …been in lots of shows then as I got older I had to change to singing or it would have been …one, two and off to the loo…
Ha ha…

3 Likes

Lots of jumpers and blankets in use here. The heating oil is running out fast and we have no funds to replenish it until the end of the month and then delivery can take a couple of weeks so we are trying to eek it out. Thank goodness for electric heaters! Good job I’m a hardy soul who grew up without any central heating!

3 Likes

There was a little snow here earlier in the day but I haven’t seen any tonight.

Mostly keeping warm sat in my sleeping bag with some extra warm socks and a fleece. If I start getting really cold I have a little jog on the spot for a couple of minutes… I’ve got bad circulation so sometimes it just needs a little kick start.

I got a teddy bear dressing gown for Christmas (…the fleecey material, not the animal) which is so warm and soft. It’ll be too hot for spring/autumn, but if there were no heating it’s the first thing I’d be putting on.

4 Likes

Currently sitting in the car wrapped up in a blanket while my daughter goes for her interview. Dont know if I will be here for 1 hour or 4 hours but I have my laptop and a book with me so I won’t be bored.

3 Likes

Don’t give up dancing Brenda…you can get those Tenapants now! hehe…
I started tapdancing when I was about 5, but I was a chubby child and felt very self conscious in my leotard! I remember crying every week until my Mum let me give up! I think I would like to do tapdancing now but not sure if my sciatica would like it!

Roz @OrchardFelts, hope your Daughter gets the job- everything crossed for her xxx

It seems to have warmed up a bit down here today and the sun is shining which makes things seems a bit better!

3 Likes

oh, I wanted to ask you all…those of you that do pen and ink drawings, what kind of pen do you use? I want to so some more painting but would like a reliable waterproof black fineliner.
I used to have Rotring pens back in the day but no amount of soaking will unblock the nibs…do you think it’s worth investing in some more of these?

2 Likes

I use Micron pens by Sakura, they’re acrylic ink and are archival ink, very good and you get sets of different size nibs.
I absolutely love Outlander, I watched all 4seasons in 3 weeks, beautiful, total escapism. Just started watching them again!xx

2 Likes

definitely Sakura Micron but BEWARE …I got some on ebay …I think it was 5 in a pack…and without paying attention, I ordered them. They came from China and not only leaked but were not very waterproof and spoilt some of my cartoons…make sure you get the genuine ones !
They looked very authentic too…

3 Likes

@thedotterypotter I would sooner cross my legs than buy tenna…ha ha

3 Likes

I’ve started on the books now June, there’s quite a few, so it will take me a while as I seldom get time to read except in bed, and I end up falling asleep after a few pages. The singer Karliene Reynolds does a lovely song called ‘Home’ and one called ‘Bound’ that are based on Outlander, if you get chance to listen. She also covers the Gaelic songs from the series.

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve looked up those Sakura pens and I think I’m going to get some. Thanks for the warning about Ebay Brenda. I saw some on there that looked legit and it said they were coming from the UK but in the feedback, I saw that they came from China, so they must be copies. I think I may order from Amazon.

1 Like

Just thought I’d show my appreciation for this thread (and forum) right now. The other side have just redone their forums into the worst I’ve seen, and completely got rid of any chit chat. Business only over there now.

With every change they make I’m more and more glad I gave Folksy another go :orange_heart:

9 Likes

That’s a shame, sometimes you just want to chat with the forumites that you’ve got to know about other things!
I keep thinking about trying to fill up my Etsy shop again but I can never make enough stock to keep both places going and i’m really worried that if I put the same stock in both shops, I’ll sell one and forget to take it out of the other place!

1 Like

Same here but in my case it’s not about stock just can’t summon up enough / any enthusiasm !

3 Likes

Hope they make more Outlander seasons after season 4, but just had a look at the book list and see what you mean Sarah @SarahDesignsUK, the story goes on a lot further, so guess I’ll just have to buy the books! It’s so addictive :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Hi joy @JOYSofGLASS, I know what you mean, I can’t seem to get enthusiastic about making at the moment, but don’t want to miss out on Valentines and Mother’s Day sales, just can’t seem to get motivated, the more I need to do it, the less I want to! Can’t win!xx

2 Likes