General chit chat thread

Sounds like my cat @OrchardFelts. I love him to bits, but he’s a proper predator and opportunist. My husband bought him home from a warehouse, as he’d be called to remove a feral cat and her litter. They were 2nd or 3rd generation feral, and his eyes had only just opened and he had no teeth yet, so he was very young and I didn’t think he’d make it. I syringe fed him and his sister and they both did really well until she was hit by a car :frowning:
If you don’t feed him in time though, or if I’m late back from school etc, he will just go and catch food, and eat it, leaving a few entrails as a gift rather than a live creature. He’s truly morbid.

7 Likes

Loving all the kitty tales, especially the cat stealing a whole leg of lamb!!
Both of our cats are mousers unfortunately (our old cat never caught anything, so it was a bit of a culture shock with these two) and they very frequently bring live mice, voles and shrews into the house. We’ve got a special mouse catching beaker now that we use to catch the mice with and more often than not, they seem fine…the cats seem to be quite gentle with them. I let them out the front where the cats don’t go and they run off into the bushes. I’m sure I recognise some of them from being caught before!
I do worry about how many mice they’ve brought in through the catflap when we’ve been out though…Peanut did come trotting downstairs the other day with a live mouse in his mouth and the cat flap had been locked for hours…I wonder where that one had been hiding…eeeeeek!

2 Likes

Sarah @SarahDesignsUK…your cat looks like a little angel in that photo! Entrails though…eurgh!

2 Likes

The top photo is Peanut sleeping on the settee tonight like an odd bod!
Then there’s Marty my tibetan spaniel and Pixie my tortie girl!

5 Likes

My mother in law’s cat once brought a frog in, which escaped… We found its bones in her settee when we later took it to the tip! Among other things. This is Misty, my cat.

5 Likes

Loving all the furry baby pics :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes

All this talk of cats is making me tired. Here’s me in mum and dad’s caravan on a windy tonight .

6 Likes

A tired Katie greyhound

10 Likes

Classic greyhound pose

1 Like

@SarahDesignsUK He’s beautiful! I remember the days of getting out of bed and standing on mouse insides :nauseated_face:
Luckily Gremlin is too fat to catch anything except spiders (it’s why the excite him) and when Affra rarely brings in a mouse it’s not usually damaged. She’d bring them in and drop them in the toy box, as if it say “I’m a bit bored of these now, but look, I found one that moves all on its own!”

@Beadseedz :laughing: That’s impressive bringing in a trap too! I feel like he was trying to give you some sort of message.

@Dosrodgerspottery @erkinwald Sorry, it all got a bit catty! But if it helps… one of the rats doesn’t understand danger and chases the cats around the room, it’s like real life Tom and Jerry (of course, always under careful supervision).

5 Likes

I’ve never had pets and have always kept my distance from cats, but just lately I am totally smitten by this one! This is Meow, my daughter got her from a rescue centre last year, used to be very timid and poorly, but now look at her, she’s gorgeous.

fullsizeoutput_2621

10 Likes

Well, hubby has ‘man flu’ and is still in bed at the moment. To be fair he has a horrible cough and keeps being sick too…he does look very poorly.
I don’t want to disturb him by using any of my machines, but I’m hoping to get some items cut out ready. I’ve been lacking in motivation and haven’t made anything new for weeks so really need to get busy.
Here is a picture of my kitty Doosey. We rescued her from a local sanctuary 2 years ago when she was 5. She was a very timid, scared kitty then but she has come out of her shell a lot.

7 Likes

I have no cat but this just popped up on a friend’s FB page and thought you might all like it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I see, can certainly relate to that regarding the dark side, are their fees going up? because when I do get the odd sales I don’t actually seem to get very much of it! @JOYSofGLASS xx

1 Like

on the dark side, they now take a % of the shipping fees as well as the final value sale fee…so they are taking more from you x

1 Like

Because they take all fees immediately now you certainly notice them a lot more.
If since you last had money in your account, you’ve renewed and/or listed new items, when you next sell something you might get nothing from it, because they’ll use that money to pay the renew fees as well as the fees relating to the sale.

And as @teabreaks says, sometime last year they raised their fee from 3.5% to 5%, and started taking it on shipping too, which they didn’t used to.

1 Like

Loving all the animal photos :slight_smile:

That kitten video is so cute Joy @JOYSofGLASS x

Hmm, I’m feeling quite put off of filling my Etsy shop back up again then! I didn’t realise that they were taking a percentage of the shipping costs too!

All perfect reasons for selling on Folksy!
(Ought this to be in the sellers only topic, by the way?)

1 Like

I wouldn’t have thought so, it;s just general musings that took a tangent onto E***, I’m sure it will take a turn back into what we are having for dinner tonight in a bit!

2 Likes

What I had for dinner was a lovely chicken roast. Quite recently I discovered that if I sprinkled a tiny bit of flour on the par-boiled potatoes they are guaranteed to be perfect… just the right amount of crispy crunch on the outside and melting in the middle.

(oh and I always add some flavoured oil to their preheated roasting pan too. A drop of garlic oil and walnut oil if I have some too).

Problem is once I’d finished my roast having been forced to leave a half potato, I realised that I had eaten one half too many already and should have left the first half as well.

Signed
Feeling abit Podged
xxx

3 Likes