Google To Use Mobile Usability As A Ranking Factor In Mobile Search Results

An interesting read on the way Google plans to rank sites for mobile-friendliness in future. I used the “mobile-friendly testing tool” (link in the fifth paragraph of the article) to check on Folksy overall, and my own store page specifically Pleased to report both passed with flying colours :slight_smile: Well done Folksy!

4 Likes

Good to see folksy passed then!

Thanks! Very useful. I did the test a few times. Thankfully our Folksy shop (and our shop on that other site that no-one here likes to mention) are good. Unfortunately it looks like I need to do a bit of work on my own website to make it mobile-friendly… ugh!

My own website failed on all counts the first time I tested it. In my case, all I had to do was select a template for mobile and enable it in the back end of my site - the “mobile viewport” thing - then everything was perfect. I hope yours is as easy to fix!

Oh dear Joysofglass co uk is Not Mobile Friendly.
I have failed.
:frowning: :frowning:

Oh dear, Joy :frowning: Might be time to speak to your web host?

I’m just going off to talk to myself - :slight_smile:

PS: I don’t think it’s too much of a problem as I don’t tell through my website, it’s just a front / pathway to my shop on Folksy and my photos on my Facebook page.