Help please on interpreting Indie Week and the 'unique' tag

Perhaps Folksy Support can answer this question… One of the themes for November is Indie Week. I didn’t know what this was, so googled it and am still not sure what it involves, but gather it is organised (not exclusive to Folksy) to raise awareness of hand made stuff and to support independent businesses over the big multinational shops. The tag is ‘unique’, and as all my pieces are one-offs, it is a tag that I already use widely on a lot of my work. In actual fact I could legitimately tag everything I sell as unique, as I’m sure many other people could, but that would defeat the object of theme of the day with the vast volume of items that would be featured, so I’m not sure how to approach this theme. Tag everything? Tag a selection? Help!

3 Likes

Hi Judy. We just wanted to show our support for Indie Week really (and encourage Folksy sellers to join in) but finding a tag that represented Indie Week and what it stands for was tricky! We know “unique” applies to almost everything on Folksy and is really really broad tag - but we wanted something inclusive. So yes feel free to add it to any items that are unique on Folksy. There is more information on Indie Week and how you can join in here - https://www.justacard.org/indie-week

3 Likes

Thanks Camilla. Google had led me to the link you provided. I just didn’t want to swamp the Theme of the Day selection!

2 Likes