Folksy Ltd

Homepage Themes for December

(Camilla) #21

Just a quick and friendly note to say that we’ve spotted a couple of items appearing in the themed section that shouldn’t really be there. This isn’t ideal and the theme view will only work for buyers if it contains items related to the theme - otherwise it looks odd.

So please ONLY add tags to your items that are actually relevant - ie only add the tag ‘star’ if that item clearly features a star.

We really want this section to work, but if it gets abused we might have to do something like block particular sellers from appearing in it. And we really don’t want to do that.

Happy, friendly vibes all the way :sparkling_heart:

(Kim Blythe) #22

I noticed a couple of things today in the ‘Gingerbread’ theme that didn’t seem like they should be there, but when I looked they weren’t tagged with ‘Gingerbread’ but did have the word in their description or shop name…so it’s picking those too.

(HeidiMeier) #23

Tomorrow’s ‘cosy’ is going to be a bit tricky. Can see items from tea cosy to cosy cottages appearing. Maybe the theme needs to be very specific rather than an emotional description, as that can be interpreted differently by everyone. So re ‘cosy’ I can foresee issues as my idea of ‘cosy’ might not agree with someone else’s, and then we’d have the abuse of terms issue being raised, perhaps unfairly, as it is pretty subjective.

(Natalie Franca) #24

I was wondering about that too, I was going to tag my tea cosies, but then the knitwear accessories I sell are all cosy too, obviously I wouldn’t have tagged them all as that would be very unfair, but I would have done a few (things are very slow for me here this season, so was thinking this was a good opportunity to get on the front page). I’ll wait before I start tagging tonight.

Natalie
xxx

(Camilla) #25

I wouldn’t worry too much about this Heidi or @MoreTeaVicarKnitwear - we just want people to be genuine in their tagging and not abuse it. We’re not going to come down hard - it’s only if we see shops habitually using inappropriate tags to get into the theme.

I’d suggest always using the most appropriate tags anyway, so both tea cosies and mittens are cosy and that would be a relevant tag for both types of products.

(Camilla) #26

I’ll ask @dougfolksy to have a look at that because, as far as I know, it shouldn’t be. Thanks for letting us know, Kim.

(Natalie Franca) #27

Thanks Camilla! :kissing_heart:
xx

(Doug Livesey) #28

@KBCreations @folksycontent
Hello – cheers for the heads up on that.
I’ve been having a look but haven’t managed to get anything weird to appear in there, yet.
Could I be a real pain and ask anyone who happens to see an item appear in the tagged theme view that doesn’t have the correct tag to maybe screenshot it and send me a link to the item?
There are a lot of items matching different tags and I could be refreshing the page for a lo-o-o-ong time to try to catch one! :slight_smile:
But if anyone who comes across one could provide an example (screenshot of the tagged theme view and a link to the untagged item) that would be really helpful.
Sorry to crowdsource this but it would be really good to get to the bottom of whatever is going awry, there.
Oh, please don’t go looking, I’m not trying to take over anyone’s day – just if you happen to see one! :slight_smile:
Thanks,
Doug.

(Kim Onyskiw) #29

@dougfolksy @KBCreations Yes I noticed that too. 2 of my prints show up in a “mouse” search, even though I didn’t tag/title them with mouse as that’s only a tiny part of the picture (but I did mention it in the description).

Obviously not showing up in the theme section now, but both of these

are included in a “mouse” search. Easy to see if you narrow it down by art - prints. They’re right at the end so it’s correct that they’re least relevant, but it must be including the description to know there’s a mouse there.

(HeidiMeier) #30

I would describe anything woolly or knitted as cosy, especially in this weather lol! :grin:

(Camilla) #31

If a listing includes a word in either the title, description or tags, it will/should show up in search results for that particular term, Kim. It probably won’t appear until one of the last pages if it’s only mentioned once in the description but it ought to still be there. It shouldn’t show in the themed section though, unless it’s actually tagged with the word/term of the day.

You can read more about how search works here https://blog.folksy.com/2017/02/23/how-search-works

(Kim Onyskiw) #32

Thanks, it was never clear to me while listing an item that the description is also used in search (obviously it is for google but it often doesn’t seem to be that way for onsite searches on selling venues).

(HandMaidSW) #33

Hi Camilla!
Thank you for giving us makers an additional boost for December by offering daily tag themes. Just revised my tags, so fingers crossed! :christmas_tree::star2::+1: Merry Christmas to the Folksy team!

(Jan Ryan) #34

I’m liking the daily themes, I just thought I’d bump this back to the top for anyone who hasn’t seen the December list x

(Kim Blythe) #35

Bumping so that it doesn’t get lost!

(Camilla) #36