How do you give shoppers the option of upgrading their purchase?

Hi All,
I sell jewellery and as part of my necklaces i offer an upgrade of necklace length for an additional price, but i am unsure how to do this? Can anyone advise me on how this works?
Also wondering how you link your shop to each item?
Thank You
Katrina Lucas (KL Jewellery Designs)

Hi katrina, at the moment folksy doesn’t offer variations so you would have to list all options in the description and ask buyers to contact you if they want a different length. You could ask them to add a note to seller, and then invoice them for the additional sum through PayPal.

I’m my pet portrait section of my shop I have several listings with alternative sizings available.

Hope that helps, Stephie

1 Like

Good question Katrina, I’ve been wondering about options as well.

I add a note to my description and ask the customer to contact me. If they want a slight variation that requires an increase or decrease in cost then I set up a custom listing for them to purchase. See my pet portraits for an example.

I have bought ear rings on Folksy that used SP ear wires where the lady had added a separate listing for the additional cost of switching to STS ear wires, so I bought the item for so much and then bought the add on for another 50p. This seemed to work.

Liz
x

Hi Stephanie,
a massive thanks for your reply - going to check out your store now.
But i suspect i will be taking a leaf out of your book :>!
Thanks
Katrina

Hey Liz,
A separate listing will most likely be the best way to go i think. Thanks for taking the time to read and reply to my message, i really appreciate it. I’m hoping to get my shop up and running very soon. I can’t believe how much work is involved and thats only the photos lol!
Thanks
Katrina

Hi Roz,
Thanks for reading and replying to my message. Your advice is great. I’m looking forward to visiting your store.
Thanks
Katrina

Don’t forget if you think you could do with a variations facility in your shop you can add a vote or three to the suggestion we started over in the Feedback area of Folksy.

If you are not too sure how to get there then scroll to the bottom of the Folksy front page, click on Help and Support and then click on the lightbulb icon title Feedback. Scroll down the list and you’ll find a thread about Variations, it’s nearly up to 200 votes so every vote will count :smile: