Instagram shopping tags removed

Me too Sarah @dotterypottery and Roz @OrchardFelts. In fact my shop disappeared overnight from Facebook too, so I deleted that account, and now have a new Facebook Page with the same name… They kept refusing to put my cards on, saying that it was against their policies to sell “live animals” - I did appeal, and said that they were all birthday cards!!! Instagram have just refused completely, and my message now is the same as yours Sarah. I asked for a review from Instagram this week, but they refused yet again!!! I have now disconnected Instagram from Facebook…

2 Likes

That is the same message I had! The strange thing is they have now verified my Etsy domain but I still can’t tag anything and my Etsy catalogue isn’t showing up either and they are saying that I can’t request another review either! I disconnected my Instagram shop from my Facebook shop and then facebook said it was still connected when I went to reconnect do I am giving up now, if they put it back fine but I have wasted enough precious time messing around with it!

1 Like

Me too! One minute you can and then you can’t!

1 Like

I thought folksy were looking into this since last summer?

2 Likes

Hi, has anyone come up with any solutions? I have a shop on FB which links straight to our Folksy shop, but every time I try to open an Instagram shop I get the same reply as you guys above. I haven’t yet had an Instagram Shop, but cant understand why they wont let me when it all links back to FB. I have tried doing it thorough the FB Business suite as well, but seem to be going around in ever decreasing circles.
I have asked for reviews 3 times ad each time I get the same response, no help, no advice, just a big fat NO! :rofl:
Any help would be fabulous!

1 Like

Haven’t got a clue. If you click on my ‘view shop’ on my Instagram all my items show and they lead back to my folksy shop but it won’t let me tag any photos :woman_shrugging:

Instagram.com/knittingtopia

Hi Carolyn and co.,

I have the exact same problem as you. I too have a Facebook Shop, and my Instagram Shop links back to Folksy, but they just will not accept me. It is annoying when you don’t know why isn’t it. I have appealed, and asked for a review (three times as well!!!) but always a NO too!!!

1 Like

Mine was all linked and Facebook said my folksy shop was verified (had it for years) until about a week ago and I was told I had lost access to Instagram shopping. I have requested 3 reviews but nothing. They said I had a bag that didn’t go to folksy (I had sold it) I removed it and still 2 reviews later nothing still saying the same and everything listed in my Facebook shop catalogue is for sale and to checkout on Folksy. It is since all the updates last year, after the 2nd review I went through the steps Etsy gave us and Etsy is now a verified domain but they won’t let me use the catalogue I set up for Etsy so I can’t add that to my Facebook shop even. My Facebook shop is showing still on my Facebook page. I am fed up wasting my time on it now and I am sure if I said I wanted to pay for ads it would all be re-instated!

1 Like

Hurrah! I requested another review, changed my website listing on Instagram and Facebook from my Weebly one to zoknitandsew.folksy.com and this afternoon went onto Instagram and my shop is back! Nothing from Instagram to say it was back, do I don’t know how long for😀

3 Likes

Wow. Give me some tips Zoe!!!
SallyAnn

1 Like

@thegreetingscardshop I am not sure what worked. I had the option to request a view if I thought they had made a mistake which I said they had and then said my checkout was on the folksy.com selling platform. I had changed my website on my Instagram bio from my Weebly one to zoknitandsew.folksy.com. I have for weeks been fiddling with settings etc in the Facebook business suite (what a nightmare that is!) to no avail, so as they gave no explanation I have no idea what combination of things worked. I can tag items now so hopefully people can see my shop and it is not just me. I don’t know how long it will last.

I keep reading this thread waiting for things to be clearer before I try - and also because I share Instagram with 2 other Folksy sellers (we are about to split into 3 separate accounts so that we can hopefully eventually get the benefits of Instagram shopping). I have started following Zoe @Zoknitandsew (lots of lovely things!) to have a nosy about how it should work and I don’t know if I am being daft, but I can’t see how to get into your Instagram shop? What am I missing?

1 Like

@KirstyMacdonaldQuilts you can’t get into my shop because not long after me posting on here Instagram sent me another message saying I had lost Instagram shopping again! I think it lasted about 3 hours this time!

How utterly frustrating! I think I am going to leave it until there is some sort of resolution to this, I think that would drive me bananas!

1 Like

Yes it is me too, it is getting ridiculous!

1 Like

This has just happened to me today, are your links & tags still OK after it started working again?

No - they stopped working again the next day. I’ve given up for the moment!

1 Like

It’s all such a nightmare and really confusing. We’re still working on a fix, but every time we think we’ve got somewhere, something changes!! We haven’t given up though and we promise to let you know as soon as we have some positive news.

8 Likes

Thank you. Fingers crossed you manage to get it worked out.

Looks like it’s happening to a lot of shops on IG now, I’m guessing it’s a thing :woman_facepalming:

1 Like