Items you've made that aren't for sale

I made this fo my daughter for Christmas.

10 Likes

Gosh I have more stuff that hasn’t been listed than I care to count.
two of my favourites are these

11 Likes

Absolutely stunning work @KBCreations

1 Like

Thank you xx :blush:

I’ve made this for Christmas for my littlest granddaughter, from fleece backed llama Jersey lined with fabric from a duvet. I’m so chuffed with how it’s come out

18 Likes

The colours on these are so lovely and rich.

1 Like

Thank you x :blush:

These are stunning. Such gorgeous colours and delicate stitches.:heart_eyes:

Can I show something my hubs made for the lady next door? She is on her own and during the summer we went round to her garden to help her dismantle an arbour that her late husband made many years ago and had become a bit dangerous. She gave us the wood for our log burner but he salvaged a nice piece (beautiful oak) and made her a door stop, and it includes one of the joints that her husband made. He had just attached the leather strap this afternoon and two minutes later, she knocked on the door with a gift for us, so he was able to give it to her. Talk about perfect timing! I think she liked it.

14 Likes

What a lovely thought @plumporridge and a lovely doorstop too :relaxed:

3 Likes

That is such a heartwarming story, especially for this strange Christmas. The doorstop is lovely and I’m sure your neighbour will treasure it.:blush:

2 Likes

Thank you :smiley:

These are lovely x

That’s a lovely gift

Some really beautiful items here, love them all.
SInce starting Bearlescent in 2014 I rarely take a day off to do anything else. This year I had promised myself I would make dolls and bears for family at Christmas but it never happened.
Last year I planned to take one day a week off during 2020 and that never happened so I am going to start from January this year, get into the habit of having one day per week to make something different and start on some birthday gifts.

7 Likes

The back of hubbys new cardigan

11 Likes

A flamenco skirt that I made for myself for a demonstration and photography club shoot

11 Likes

This is a quilt I have put a lot of time and love into. It is going to be auctioned at some point (Covid complicates things!) for Borne, a charity that researches premature birth ( I have 4 nieces and nephews who were early). I wanted the rainbow because it is both a symbol of hope and a symbol of struggling through covid times - so Noah’s Ark seemed like a good choice. I have my fingers crossed someone rich will pay lots of money for it!

10 Likes

What a good idea. I hope you have managed to keep some precious time for yourself!

1 Like

That is a lovely thing for her to keep - what a kind thought.

1 Like