I've Seen Quite A Few Times On Here, People Saying "Liked You From My Personal Page" On Facebook

I’ve seen this a lot about people liking other people’s Facebook pages from their Personal pages so the likes will count. I’ve always liked from both my personal and my business pages but should I only be doing it from my personal. I’m a little confused because a while ago I read somewhere that you had to do it from both to make it count.

Pauline

As far as I’m aware only likes from personal pages count, though FB keeps changing the rules so it’s difficult to keep track!

It’s so confusing lately. Maybe I should try it from my personal page for a while and see if my likes increase as well.

It depends where you are want to see the updates from the pages you have liked, in the news feed for your personal page or the one for your business page? There is nothing wrong with liking from your business page, it just doesn’t increase the ‘like’ count of the page you’ve liked.

I think only likes from personal pages show up on like counters but personally I don’t think it’s helpful to focus on number of likes an I get quite cross when people ask me to like from my personal profile. If you are like me I rarely use facebook in personal mode so I tend to like using my business page so that I see posts from pages I’ve liked coming through on my business newsfeed. After all I’ve liked the pages because I want to see what they are up to and what new products they may have so it makes sense to get the posts coming to where I will see them.

3 Likes

I like from my business page as I very rarely use my personal page…I can still get the updates and news and like,share and comment but just my like doesn’t show as a number… But I prefer that as I hope they know I am a genuine liker and not just wanting a like back :slight_smile: maybe not the proper way but that’s how I do it!! :slight_smile: J x

1 Like

I’ve no idea how I’ve liked people if it’s come from my business or personal page. I’ve no idea how you make it one or the other.

when you’re on your personal page and ‘like’ someone it will show up in your news feed and count as a like.

when you’re on your business page it won’t count as a like. You must know whether you’re on your personal or business page when you log into FB? Obviously I don’t have a business page but I assume it’s clear as to which one you’re using?

1 Like

You should like from wherever you want to see posts, and if that’s your business page then that is where you should like from.

I always like from my personal page, and sometimes mention the 'so it will count" bit, but usually only to newbies to fb to help them understand how it all works. It’s not intended to be a demand for a return like as that would be down right rude.

That said, I think the number of likes does matter, it’s highly likely to be worked into the fb algorithm for showing your work on likers pages, so if you can like from your personal page then it does help.

I use fb an awful lot on my personal page, I interact witha lot of fellow artists and find it a huge source of inspiration and motivation. And most of my sales come in via fb, so it works well for me.

1 Like

I like from my personal and my business page. The personal like is so that it increments the Like count but I then stop the newsfeeds on my personal page as I don’t want to see them there, only on my Business page.
That as far as I am concerned is where I want to see the newsfeeds from all the pages I’ve liked.
The number of likes does matter as the more likes you have the more people will be shown your posts. FB will only show your posts to a percentage of your likers so if you only have 10 and Facebook only shows your posts to 10% then only one person will see each one. If you have 100 likes then 10 people will see it.

I’ve no idea what percentage FB allows to actually see your posts. If you include a link to a listing in your Folksy shop the views will be far less than if you use an actual uploaded photo.

If you get a comment on your post then FB will show it to a higher percentage - as far as i can work out anyway. The more comments, the higher percentage.
This may of course change as FB change the way they do things with an annoying regularity.

1 Like

I’m fairly sure likes from your personal page are the only ones that change the counter on fb. However, I think it is nice if you also like from your business page and leave a comment. That way it helps me to connect people, as a name doesn’t always tell me much, but a business puts the name of the person behind the business! Also, your business is more likely going to appear in the newsfeed too.

2 Likes

I always add a comment via my personal page, tagged to my business page. That covers it, I think --… but sometimes I get the process wrong as I forget who I am :slight_smile:
Easy enough to lose yourself on Facebook.

2 Likes

I like from both not for return likes but like Joy I stop the newsfeed on my personal page but I can then see what people are posting on my business page and share and comment on there.
Rosalind x

2 Likes

Eileen, it depends on whether you are logged into FB as Eileen, or as your Page “EileensCraftStudio”. You can change from one to the other, by clicking on the little downward arrow, top-right in the blue bar at the top of the FB screen.

It’s true that only “personal likes” show up in the counter, but I agree that it’s better to “like” from wherever you wish to see the updates from that page. “Likes” which you don’t follow up with interaction ie reading posts, “liking” posts, comments etc) are pointless anyway; and FB actually uses the Interaction with your Page to decide who/how many to show your posts to, so “empty likes” that don’t interact with a page are actually counter-productive.

I have spent a lot of time networking on my facebook pages and building up the likes counter but I have to say that over the last few months I have pretty well given up on it. I was getting lots of likes but little interaction and very few sales. I also found that I was missing notifications and that the need for two sided interaction in order to set up any orders meant that the spur of the moment sales just didn’t happen. I still post on my pages for the benefit of any genuine likers who follow them but do little else. Even with nearly 2000 likers some of my posts only reach a few people so I don’t feel it is worth the time and effort I was putting into it.

I like from my business page, but it is called a community page in the title. All my posts,shares and likes are done from my community page, it looks like that anything I post appears on my feed in both my personal and community pages. I am a little confused, does this mean that my likes on my on my community page are not genuine?

I noticed the counter goes up, without showing who’s liked you page sometimes- which must be because a business page has liked you. And when a personal profile likes your page the counter goes up (obvs) but the difference it dose show who’s liked your page then.
So i think business likes do increase your like count, but you can’t see them on your ‘liked by’ list.