January 2019 Art Chat Thread

That’s a lovely picture Brenda and just what we need to see at this time of the year when the weather seems to be getting colder. Where do you get your inspiration from - do you use photos, go sketching, or are they from imagination?

1 Like

thanks for the kind words folks !

Hi, hope you’re all having a nice weekend.
Trwyn Du Lighthouse, Penmon Point, Anglesey. A3 watercolour.

4 Likes

That’s a beautiful watercolour Graham. I love the loose style of your painting.
I have completed and listed a new piece today. This is one of my experiments with monotype and collage.

Have a good weekend everyone.

4 Likes

Super watercolour Graham - as always!

1 Like

What a lovely piece, Sara - the lines are so effective and the collaged teabags a perfect complement.

Great work everyone. I have been painting this afternoon, although the daylight wasn’t very good…
I will list it soon…in the mean time here is an oldie

3 Likes

I am getting into the ACEO thing (up to a point). They seem to suit single subjects quite well. I still prefer working on a larger surface.

Loving your work Sara. I have heard of people using coffee in their art work before, but turmeric teabags! Who would have thought it?

1 Like

Chris, once you get used to aceos you will find it difficult to GO LARGE again…lol.
Today I have a 7x5 (THIS is LARGE for me…!!)
https://folksy.com/items/7229604-Original-art-watercolour-landscape-painting-ref-F-654-

1 Like

Ooh, Matron!

1 Like

Morning everyone. Thank you Helen and Chris for your comments. Yes teabags are a bit unusual, but the colours can be beautiful - and a good way of recycling :wink:

Have a good week everyone!

Its a cold start to the day in Staffs, this is a painting I did last night. Three Boats, A4 watercolour.

5 Likes

morning all…Ha ha Chris…lol…gave me a giggle.

I did some painting yesterday but still have photos to take…I’ll be back !!!
Graham, fab work as always .

I keep meaning to ask this question…
I know I have been here for 11 years now, but this still baffles me…
when listing materials…do you put Card or paper .?
I know we call it watercolour paper but it is as thick as many grades of card…so what do YOU put in your listings?
Putting paper , conjures up something flimsy, so I tend to put Card…but should I put paper?

I put watercolour paper. The tagging thing accepts it as a recognisable material.

1 Like

I also write watercolour paper, but I have started noting cold pressed or hot pressed as I use both now.

1 Like

I just put Paper. (I think… now I need to check…!) Yes.

1 Like

Good morning all…we had a dusting of snow overnight and the road looks a bit dangerous. Hopefully it will thaw out once the sun comes over the top of the mountain.
So here are some icy mountains.
This is a mixed media painting. …started life as a watercolour but I needed white acrylic for the mountains.
https://folksy.com/items/7230295-original-art-mixed-media-painting-ref-F-655-

2 Likes

A Dark Horse, watercolour.
Every now and then I paint something I’m really proud of, this is one of them. I’m not fishing for likes, I just wanting to share with you all what I’m working towards, this is me, my art.

7 Likes