Jazzie Jumpers January 2017 Daily Listing Challenge Thread

3 more sales for me please…total 8

3 Likes

I’m back home, our trip was a complete bust, we’d been driving for about an hour, on the M40, about to overtake a car and go into the outside lane, and my hubby changed tack, said we had lost acceleration, and car pooped out all together, luckily managed to get to the hard shoulder and under a bridge, at junction 11, which was a bonus, as it was raining and sleeting. Called the AA, they said we would be a priority, due to where we had broken down, but we still had to stand in the cold for 2 hours before we could get into the very warm and welcome AA van!

Frozen to the bone! Apparently the head gasket went, what ever that is, hubby did try to explain it to me, but not my thing, so did not really understand, the AA man brought us to a garage and then took us home, so now sitting down with a cuppa! Hubby did shake his head at me in the AA van, as I got my crochet out! LOL! Well I am not going to sit on my bum and not use my time effectively!

Should have stayed in bed this morning I think!

Natalie X

4 Likes

that brought back a lot of memories for me Natalie…I once broke down at J 11 and got towed into Reading…needed a new engine on our car…many years ago. Hope your car gets fixed quickly and isn’t too expensive…

I have just listed this floral card

3 Likes

Playing catch up as I didn’t list yesterday.

2 Likes

Afternoon All, late on parade today, just going to work back through todays listings now xx

Oh dear Natalie @NOfkantsCurios, what a day!! Love you doing your crochet in the AA van!

2 Likes

Afternoon all. I have earrings for you today. Sorry to hear about your breakdown on the M40, Natalie @NOfkantsCurios, and I hope your OH is feeling a bit better Emma @TheCornishCoasterCompany.

1 Like

So sorry to hear this Emma. It must be a very worrying time for you.

1 Like

A hair mask from me today! Once of the things I love is testing out my own products, last night I had a bath with bath salts, with a hair mask on, then used a sugar scrub & washed with one of my soaps! Brilliant knowing exactly what’s in each product too.

3 Likes

Washing machines ugh! It is the one appliance we always insure because mine always go wrong. I had one that was making a funny noise. I called out the repair man under the insurance who was very shirty, said it wasn’t making a noise and if I called them out again unnecessarily I would be charged for it! So I waited a few weeks as the machine got noisier and noisier until it ground to a halt. Then I called the insurance again. It was well and truly broken and needed just about everything replacing! When the repair man (a different one) asked my why I had left it so long I told him exactly why. But I felt vindicated :smiling_imp: And I got it all fixed for free!

4 Likes

Oh and there’s still 10% off everything with code BATH10! :bathtub:

2 Likes

A bit late again. Had my little Grandson for the weekend so everything else takes a back seat.
Getting ready for my trip of a lifetime to New Zealand next week so just relists today
£4 each in my sale

https://folksy.com/items/6921726--Elephants-Make-Up-Bag-Pencil-Case
Sorry about the breakdown Natalie. Glad you are ok
Valerie x

3 Likes

Hi Valerie. How exciting. We are going to New Zealand for a holiday next month! Have never been before so am very excited :grinning:

4 Likes

Emma, I do hope both of you are ok, very worrying and upsetting, and there was me moaning about a break down!!!

Hugs! XxxX

1 Like

A new listing from me today. Some semi-precious beads. I couldn’t resist the colours of these:

1 Like

Its so exciting. Which part are you going to? We land at Christchurch and tour South Island and then staying with a friend in Nelson
Valerie

Hi. Yes we are touring South Island too. We decided it would be too much to try to do the North Island as well. I have friends in the North so maybe we’ll be able to go there another time. It sounds so beautiful though. We booked the day before the Earthquake!! As a result we have had to alter our route! But there’s still lots to see. I do feel sad for the people who have lost their homes and businesses though.

1 Like

Late today, Rene @Dawitchi my daughter went to Manchester last night to see the band Poets of the Fall, the guitarist stopped her and asked where she got her jacket - its the galaxy denim one I bought from you last year :smiley:

8 Likes

Evening all, so late - will work backwards after supper.

Sorry for the rubbish pics, will try again tomorrow.

3 Likes

Emma @TheCornishCoasterCompany hope hubby is feeling a bit better. Thinking of you both.

Natalie @NOfkantsCurios really not the weather for breaking down. Love the idea of you getting on with your crocheting in the AA van though - shame cars can’t run on woolen head gaskets!

Sue Trevor @SueTrevor what an awful experience you had with Currys.
Jane @Beadseedz the washing / drier is the one appliance I take a warranty on. I think every one we have had has broken down at least twice, so I do find them a reassurance.
I’d forgotten that the current one is a ‘repair or replace’ cover, so they are going to have one final go at repairin it on Tuesday otherwise they replace it. Not totally free as we have to pay the balance of the cost of the annual plan plus delivery charge, but a lot less than buying a new one.

A new bracelet from me today.

4 Likes

Mine arrived today thank you. They’re great. x