Just keep swimmin

Is it just me or do you always feel a little behind on things

I am trying to get everything on track with my store and social media as well as learning how to make everything I do better but it always feels like I am running out of time and going off track.

I am not even sure if what I am doing is working lol

Please say I’m not alone in this.

3 Likes

No you’re not alone, I feel that too, so much to do and never enough time. I know how important social media is, but it does take so much time away creating. Even though I enjoy the social media stuff, I’m not sure that I truly understand it, feel like I’m missing the trick :grinning:

3 Likes

Nope - you are in good company I think! When I first started out I used lots of social media but over time I think you get a sense of what works for you. And this is different for everyone. Some people for example sells loads via FB; I don’t, but I have a nice following of textile and arty people who comment on my works in progress so I am happy to use FB for that. Instagram is good for showcasing your portfolio (and this is still on my to do list lol). I do now try and limit the time on the PC though, as if I didn’t, I really wouldn’t be able to fit things in as once you click on Pinterest, it’s amazing how quickly the hours shoot by… :slight_smile:

Hi there - certainly not alone. I really struggle with the social media side of things & I just don’t have the time to sit & learn. I have two other jobs (the ones that pay the bills!) & fit in designing & making around those. Then I have to find time to be a photographer, marketing & social media expert, accountant etc. But have to say it’s better than being bored. Oh then I have to walk the dog.

3 Likes

I read a post on FB the other day that I really liked.

“The older you get the more you realize that no-one has a […] clue what their doing. Everyone’s just winging it.”

Sam x

5 Likes

I’m the same really. Time just seems to slip away once I go social media and I get more and more engrossed. I find that Instagram and Pinterest are the best ones for me. I really don’t like FB or Twitter at all.
Claire :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The thing is when I finally do get round to a bit of social media I freeze up and cant think what to say lol

I am finding it so hard to find time to do everything and still make lol

1 Like

I have found that the older I get the less I worry about the little things. As we all know life is short so just try to enjoy it. I work full time, craft in my spare time, run a holiday home, family, etc. Just do what you can and enjoy it otherwise there is no point to it all.

1 Like

Yes, I find that difficult too, it’s not easy is it? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I find social media tricky too. I’m never quite sure if what we’re putting out there is right or working! I actually quite dislike being attached to my phone or laptop so much, so (probably wrongly from a business perspective) I kind of resent the time I need to spend on social media!

I am new to it all…never did facebook until I opened my little shop and I feel uncomfortable not knowing what to share as I am quite a modest and spirtual person. My advice would be if you are stuck for what to say, say nothing. Be honest and like things you see and be present in that way…also share your items as you do them. Someone may say that is not the best way to do it…but it feels right for me. Hope you find the peace to do what is right for you. The world needs a variety of ways…I hope that helps.

1 Like

I find social media tricky too and very time consuming. I like your thoughts on it Robin Design.

Thank you that was kind of you… I have spent 40 mins already on talk folksy…I am meant to be finishing my huge crochet blanket for winter, not for sale, just for us…and the time just slips away!!!